Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help, how to rollback firmwere 3.1.2 to iPhone 3G

Default Help, how to rollback firmwere 3.1.2 to iPhone 3G
    Hello, i need ur help i update my iphone to 3.1.3 by mistake and now i cant get old version back when u put my sim card it says to me "The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported". Need to activete it or somthing like that i've reed some post and any time i try to put the old version with Shift + Restore its says to me "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored because the firmwere file is not compatible." I cant even go in menu cuz when i turn it on aways says me "only emergency calls" on diferent langueges, so i cant do anything at all.Im useing iPhone 3G, and windows 7(on PC). Will be nice if u guys can help me.
    P.S
    Sorry, but my english is bad so if u cant undarsend something dont be afraid to ask.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Liberte89 View Post
    Hello, i need ur help i update my iphone to 3.1.3 by mistake and now i cant get old version back when u put my sim card it says to me "The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported". Need to activete it or somthing like that i've reed some post and any time i try to put the old version with Shift + Restore its says to me "The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored because the firmwere file is not compatible." I cant even go in menu cuz when i turn it on aways says me "only emergency calls" on diferent langueges, so i cant do anything at all.Im useing iPhone 3G, and windows 7(on PC). Will be nice if u guys can help me.
    P.S
    Sorry, but my english is bad so if u cant undarsend something dont be afraid to ask.
    The reason why it says the sim is not supported is because you are at 3.1.3 and can be unlocked. Downgrading will not solve you issue for unlocking. You can only jailbreak at 3.1.3 by using Redsn0w 0.9.4 if you do not have the official sim card to activate or read this link for more info
    . How to Jailbreak 3.1.3 iPhone 3G & iPod Touch 1G/2G Windows & OS X
    Regarding the firmware is not compatible, you must have chosen the wrong file.

Did it but when i get to "Wait for reboot" nothing hepend its stuck.