Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Quick question!

Default Quick question!
    Alright so i bought my Iphone 3gs and it was preloaded with 3.1.3 firmware.

It was activated already cause i had my friend do it with his sim card.When i used spirit to jailbreak it cydia was installed. When cydia was opened i made my life easier by pressing the button.

Now from reading Sauriks post "Now, when iTunes thinks it is talking to Apple, it is talking to Cydia instead. Doing this will allow iTunes to access signatures already stored by Cydia's "on file" feature."

I wonder, does cydia need to be on my device for this to work?

Because my sister thought she was doing me a favor by restoring my iphone when it was still in dfu mode, now it needs to be activated again for spirit to jailbreak it..

Any solutions on how I can get this phone activated again?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ceo4eva View Post
    Alright so i bought my Iphone 3gs and it was preloaded with 3.1.3 firmware.

It was activated already cause i had my friend do it with his sim card.When i used spirit to jailbreak it cydia was installed. When cydia was opened i made my life easier by pressing the button.

Now from reading Sauriks post "Now, when iTunes thinks it is talking to Apple, it is talking to Cydia instead. Doing this will allow iTunes to access signatures already stored by Cydia's "on file" feature."

I wonder, does cydia need to be on my device for this to work?

Because my sister thought she was doing me a favor by restoring my iphone when it was still in dfu mode, now it needs to be activated again for spirit to jailbreak it..

Any solutions on how I can get this phone activated again?
    Yes, Itunes will access the shsh file from Cydia if only you point your hosts file to Cydia Server and you can restore to 3.1.3 again with this shsh file..
    You will need the official sim card to activate your Iphone into Home Screen.

I did backup my thing with cydia but cydia is no londer on my phone. Also i went into the C:/window/driver/etc thingy and put in the gs.apple.com whatever it was IP adress.

Am i still good?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You are still good, you don't even have to point your hosts file to Cydia if you are restoring to 3.1.3 as Apple is still signing the 3.1.3 fw.