Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.1.2 " Spirit over Blackra1n" , Loop problem ??

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    Are you sure your 3.1.2 SHSH is stored on the server? You need to have pressed the 'Make my life easier' button before February 3rd.
    how do I tell ? And what do u mean by "Make my life easier" ? huh? lol.

Andy

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M-bENZ View Post
    how do I tell ? And what do u mean by "Make my life easier" ? huh? lol.

Andy
    There's a button in Cydia that you need to press in order for it to store your SHSH file. If you've never done that, the files probably aren't stored there and you won't be able to restore to 3.1.2

You can check for sure using the Firmware Umbrella tool. You can find that here: The Firmware Umbrella

There's a button in Cydia that you need to press in order for it to store your SHSH file. If you've never done that, the files probably aren't stored there and you won't be able to restore to 3.1.2

You can check for sure using the Firmware Umbrella tool. You can find that here: The Firmware Umbrella
    I never got a chance to hit that button because after the redsnow completed it never ran back on thats why I said my screen is completely black out but I know that im either in recovery mode or DFU mode for sure. Anyway, i will check that firmware umbrella. Thanks for the info. thou. will get back at you soon hopefully I dont have to update to 3.1.3 because its gona be useless..cant use the iphone with Tmobile.

Edit: Ok jsut checked that firmware umbrella but I couldnt find one for window.
    Last edited by M-bENZ; 2010-06-18 at 12:24 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It doesn't matter. If you haven't pressed the button, you can't ever restore to 3.1.2 again.

It doesn't matter. If you haven't pressed the button, you can't ever restore to 3.1.2 again.
    Your telling me that Im done with this phone ?

Andy

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    when i run umbrella the host file is done by itself and it becomes
    127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com

i tried it like that, it didn't work.

i tried changing the last line to
    it didn't work too

i tried the first IP
    74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com
    it didn't work

i tried deleting the first line and putting only the saurek's IP also it didn't work !!

by the way my friend said he's gonna give it a shot on his laptop, the worst happen he updated it to 3.1.3 from itunes. how it happened i don't know??

so now what do u think dhamien ?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M-bENZ View Post
    Your telling me that Im done with this phone ?

Andy
    For now, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by xavi hernandez View Post
    when i run umbrella the host file is done by itself and it becomes
    127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com

i tried it like that, it didn't work.

i tried changing the last line to
    it didn't work too

i tried the first IP
    74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com
    it didn't work

i tried deleting the first line and putting only the saurek's IP also it didn't work !!

by the way my friend said he's gonna give it a shot on his laptop, the worst happen he updated it to 3.1.3 from itunes. how it happened i don't know??

so now what do u think dhamien ?
    I think you're messing too much with the hosts file. You shouldn't run the firmware umbrella after you've added Cydia's IP to the file and you shouldn't have several references to gs.apple.com in it. One reference, pointing to Cydia's server, is what should be there.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    dhamien
    just copy and paste the correct host file format >> eventhough i think i'm making right just for sure

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

This should be the only reference to gs.apple.com in the entire hosts file. After the edit, do not run firmware umbrella as that will possibly alter the file. Just do a shift-restore in iTunes.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    still, it is the same
    it says iphone isn't eligible
    mmmm
    i don't know what to do next ?
    is it gonna take long time before unlock 3.1.3 to get out ?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

A couple of weeks perhaps.

Are you sure you have the SHSH files for your own device? They're device specific.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    yes dhamien they are my iphone device, becuase i just strated recently having this problem when spirit came. after that i started to read about SHSH, i didn't know anything about them before. so that's quite strange. now everything is fine. the only concern is that it's telling that the iphone isnt eligible which means the SHSH files aren't mine

i know what you are pointing to, but i'm afraid i don't know why !!!

since it's coming in two weeks time i think i'll stop reading and looking here and there for SHSH file and programs and hope that it comes as soon as possible and thank you very much for your help

Ok my final solution for my phone is I just came to Apple store and tell them somwthing wrong with my phone and they replaced that phone with the new one. I know the new phone is 3.1.3 (cant use with Tmobile) but hey at least i got the new one rather than just update the old phone to 3.1.3 and its still old.

Andy

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    mmmm just to let you know guys i took my iphone to a place where they unlocked and jailbreaked my iphone. i don't know how he did it, but maybe he has an original card cause i'm living in the gulf and my phone is from UK so my phone is back 3.1.3 working perfectly and i can switch it on and off at all time

when i went to cydia it was showing i have 3.1.2 + 3.1.3 shsh files saved

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12