Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G S stuck on "connect to itunes"

Default iPhone 3G S stuck on "connect to itunes"
    i upgraded to 3.1.3 on accident and found out the hard way that it would screw up everything.

i have tmobile and needed it unlocked. i have come to the fact that the phone is no good anymore and not able to be unlocked but i would still like to use my phone as an ipod now, but i am not able to since it is stuck on that screen. i have tried to reset and restore and restore from verifed backups.

my SN is the MC so its the old boot rom and able to be downgraded. does somebody out there have any useful info that i could use to make my phone work again. yes i do have a att sim card my room mate is on att and has an iphone.

thank you

Use redsnow 0.94 to jailbreak it there is a good video tutorial on YouTube it will bypass recovery mode and activate for u and install cydia.

thanks for the fast reply ill try now

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seromero View Post
    i upgraded to 3.1.3 on accident and found out the hard way that it would screw up everything.

i have tmobile and needed it unlocked. i have come to the fact that the phone is no good anymore and not able to be unlocked but i would still like to use my phone as an ipod now, but i am not able to since it is stuck on that screen. i have tried to reset and restore and restore from verifed backups.

my SN is the MC so its the old boot rom and able to be downgraded. does somebody out there have any useful info that i could use to make my phone work again. yes i do have a att sim card my room mate is on att and has an iphone.

thank you
    What you see on your Iphone Screen is Emergency Screen, you need an AT&T card to activate. You can then jailbreak with Spirit, but there is no unlock for you , you are out of luck. Don't bother with Redsn0w, it will not work on the 3GS.

Red snow works on the 3gs I have one. When promted for the firmware for the 3gs even if your on 3.1.3 u use 3.1.2 it works perfect.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DJM AutoWerkz View Post
    Red snow works on the 3gs I have one. When promted for the firmware for the 3gs even if your on 3.1.3 u use 3.1.2 it works perfect.
    How does it work ? Does it jailbreak from Emergency Screen ? I didn't know that it will work. Can you explain a little more details? Thanks

i just tried the redsnow and i chose the 3.1.2 and it said that im am finished but my phone is now stuck on a black screen now idk if this normal or not. and i do have a att sim card and i did try to just pop it in but it would say that the iphone has a problem and can not be activated

ok well it just came back on and its still stuck at the connect to itunes screen...so the red snow did nothing
    Last edited by seromero; 2010-06-10 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

i just tried the redsnow and i chose the 3.1.2 and it said that im am finished but my phone is now stuck on a black screen now idk if this normal or not. and i do have a att sim card and i did try to just pop it in but it would say that the iphone has a problem and can not be activated
    What you have to do now is to get into Recovery Mode, if you can't, you are screwed. If you can get into Recovery mode, restore to stock 3.1.3 again and jailbreak with Spirit jailbreak after activation.
    I hope your Iphone doesn't stays in DFU mode or I called it the Black Mode which you can't get out.

and what are the steps to get into recovery? i thought that was the mode i was in with the cable?

Thanks

and what are the steps to get into recovery? i thought that was the mode i was in with the cable?
    Yes, that is recovery mode, can you trigger it in that mode. Hold both Power and Home Button until it reboots up, once it starts to boot, keep holding the Home Button but release the Power button until you see the Itunes Cable Logo.

so do that and then do the redsnow?

Thanks

so do that and then do the redsnow?
    Nope, don't use Redsn0w, you will screw up your Iphone 3GS, use Spirit jailbreak, borrow the sim card from your roomate.

Think, if Redsn0w can jailbreak a 3GS at version 3.1.3, there wouldn't be Spirit Jailbreak...
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-06-10 at 07:22 AM.

it says failed to jailbreak (error code: 1) then this stuff poped up in a window

INFO: Now listening for devices...

INFO: read igor/map.plist

INFO: Connected to the AppleMobileDevice.

INFO: Version iPhone2,1_3.1.3

INFO: Connecting to mobilebackup...

INFO: Sending files via AFC.

FATAL(__LINE__): Assertion failed (dl.c:198): 0 == (AMDeviceStartService(dev, service, &it, NULL)) (but it was -402653091)

i did this with my roommates sim inserted

in the requirements it says that it cant do my phone. my phone is stuck on the emergency call screen
    Last edited by seromero; 2010-06-10 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

it says failed to jailbreak (error code: 1) then this stuff poped up in a window

INFO: Now listening for devices...

INFO: read igor/map.plist

INFO: Connected to the AppleMobileDevice.

INFO: Version iPhone2,1_3.1.3

INFO: Connecting to mobilebackup...

INFO: Sending files via AFC.

FATAL(__LINE__): Assertion failed (dl.c:198): 0 == (AMDeviceStartService(dev, service, &it, NULL)) (but it was -402653091)

i did this with my roommates sim inserted

in the requirements it says that it cant do my phone. my phone is stuck on the emergency call screen
    When you run Spirit jailbreak, you must be at Home Screen (SpringBoard) and make sure you run it in Windows 98 compatibility mode. It should work.

the phone dont go to the homescreen thats the problem. it is stuck on the connect to itunes screen

Thanks

Is it in emergency screen or recovery mode. If it is in Emergency Screen, put in your official sim card and wait for it to get to Home Screen, you can also reboot to your Iphone to speed up the activation

the emergency where you slide to make a emergency call i can put it in restore mode if i was to hook it up to the comp

Thanks

the emergency where you slide to make a emergency call i can put it in restore mode if i was to hook it up to the comp
    You don't seem to understand, you are already restore to stock 3.1.3, just put the sim card in. If you want my help, just do what i say.

no i do understand sorry for the last message it wasnt a reply from your last message im sorry. it dont work. i put the att sim in and it never changes anything, i plug it in to the comp and itunes pulls up a message that says there is a problem with your iphone and can not be activated

Thanks

no i do understand sorry for the last message it wasnt a reply from your last message im sorry. it dont work. i put the att sim in and it never changes anything, i plug it in to the comp and itunes pulls up a message that says there is a problem with your iphone and can not be activated
    OK, now plug in your Iphone, does it recognize the iphone, if it doesn't then you have to put it in Recovery mode and restore to stock 3.1.3 again. Once at emergency screen, put the sim card in to activate first. Try that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast