Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My unfortunate Iphone

Default My unfortunate Iphone
    Hey guys this is my story..

I decided that my 2g iPhone was reaching its limit so i decided to go purchase a new Iphone 3Gs from the apple store.

It's kinda my fault for not keeping up with everything that has been going on with it but i decided to overlook it since i didn't have that device, but now that I do i ran into some issues.

First of all I don't use AT&T, i usually jailbreak/unlock for T-Mobile. When i bought my iphone it was already activated for AT&T (don't know how) but it was just missing the sim card. Which is why i think I was able to jailbreak it with spirit to get cydia to "make my life easier" (which i did press). My phone came pre-loaded with the dreaded 3.1.3 firmware and it is one of the newer MC model things. So while i was asleep my sister who was browsing over the phone decided to plug it into the computer when i had left it in DFU mode to use that "Umbrella" thing or something like that and she thought she could be an angel and hit the restore button for me...

Anyways my phone is looking like this..

Freshly installed 3.1.3

Spirit wont jailbreak it because the phone needs to be activate/hacktivated..

And cydia is no longer on my phone since it was a clean install (but yes i did press the make my life easier button)

I've tried everything to restore this phone back to 3.1.2 but as I was reading sauriks lil article he says restore to 3.0.

Will that work?

because all the other programs I have tired have failed

Blackra1n has a missing dll when i open it

redsn0w never passes the screen that says to connect a phone in recovery mode (hopefully i 'forgotten how to do that)

What should i do, any help is appreciated!

Also how does activating an Iphone over itunes work?

Do i just need to borrow a friends sim and pop it in then slide to unlock or is there some other trick to it?
    Last edited by Ceo4eva; 2010-06-08 at 01:01 AM. Reason: A few corrections

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ceo4eva View Post
    Hey guys this is my story..

I decided that my 2g iPhone was reaching its limit so i decided to go purchase a new Iphone 3Gs from the apple store.

It's kinda my fault for not keeping up with everything that has been going on with it but i decided to overlook it since i didn't have that device, but now that I do i ran into some issues.

First of all I don't use AT&T, i usually jailbreak/unlock for T-Mobile. When i bought my iphone it was already activated for AT&T (don't know how) but it was just missing the sim card. Which is why i think I was able to jailbreak it with spirit to get cydia to "make my life easier" (which i did press). My phone came pre-loaded with the dreaded 3.1.3 firmware and it is one of the newer MC model things. So while i was asleep my sister who was browsing over the phone decided to plug it into the computer when i had left it in DFU mode to use that "Umbrella" thing or something like that and she thought she could be an angel and hit the restore button for me...

Anyways my phone is looking like this..

Freshly installed 3.1.3

Spirit wont jailbreak it because the phone needs to be activate/hacktivated..

And cydia is no longer on my phone since it was a clean install (but yes i did press the make my life easier button)

I've tried everything to restore this phone back to 3.1.2 but as I was reading sauriks lil article he says restore to 3.0.

Will that work?

because all the other programs I have tired have failed

Blackra1n has a missing dll when i open it

redsn0w never passes the screen that says to connect a phone in recovery mode (hopefully i 'forgotten how to do that)

What should i do, any help is appreciated!

Also how does activating an Iphone over itunes work?

Do i just need to borrow a friends sim and pop it in then slide to unlock or is there some other trick to it?
    You still need an AT&T sim card to activate before proceeding to jailbreak with Spirit. There is no unlock at your current status. Just wait for the new unlock to come out......

You can't restore to any other version other than 3.1.3 and reqarding the 3.0 you were mentioning, that does not apply to you.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-06-08 at 01:32 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

Ceo4eva (2010-06-08)

Alright, thanks for clearing that up. But with an AT&T simcard, all i have to do is have it inside and the phone will become active? or is there some other type of trick

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ceo4eva View Post
    Alright, thanks for clearing that up. But with an AT&T simcard, all i have to do is have it inside and the phone will become active? or is there some other type of trick
    If the sim card is not activated before, you will still get to Home screen but every now and then it will pop up a message waiting for activation

You CAN restore to 3.1.12, hacktivate, and jailbreak, but not unlock (yet). Search for my guide.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    If you can, return it to the apple store and buy a unlocked 3GS with the old bootrom on ebay/criagslist. I don't understand why you would bother getting a brand freaking new phone from apple when you use it on t-mobile anyway.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Amadomon View Post
    You CAN restore to 3.1.12, hacktivate, and jailbreak, but not unlock (yet). Search for my guide.
    The 3GS cannot be restored to 3.1.2. The best he could hope for is a Spirit jailbreak, but there are 2 problems there. 1)He needs a legit simcard to do it, and 2) His unlock will not work until the end of the month. He missed the shsh hashing through Cydia so there is no going back.