Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: downgrade iphone 3gs - Please Help

Default downgrade iphone 3gs - Please Help
    Hi

I purchased a 3gs at march this year.
    I'm expecting some really big crashes with the phone, it freezes with white screen and some color stripes at least 4 times per day..

So I was woundering if I can downgrade the firmware.. I tried several times do that but no lucky so far.

my device:
    BaseBand 05.11.07
    Bootloader 6.4
    Model MB718
    Version 3.1.2 (7D11)

Another strange thing is that Cyndia believe I have 3.1.3..so I don't know if that is the reason why they don't allow me to downgrade..it said isn't ineligible .

Can you please help me ?

Thanks

Why would you need to downgrade? Just restore the same version that is on it now, as long as you have your blobs backed up. If you don't, then you can't. It's pretty straight forward.

I don't have my currently firmware to restore as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nevaska View Post
    I don't have my currently firmware to restore as well.
    Do you need the unlock ?

Ineed the unlock but I have unlocked it using blackr0in.. but the device is haging with this crap white screen + color stripes.. at least 4 times per day.. so I trying to format the phone.

Thanks

Ineed the unlock but I have unlocked it using blackr0in.. but the device is haging with this crap white screen + color stripes.. at least 4 times per day.. so I trying to format the phone.
    Do you have shsh for 3.1.2, if you do , then point your hosts file to Cydia and restore to 3.1.2. I am sure you know how to do that. If you can't then you have to use the last ditch method to restore. If you need more help, pm again

look what's happening with my phone.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQa7GvGcI38]YouTube - Iphone 3gs Crap.. just don't know how to fix it.[/ame]

Thanks

It looks like you could have a hardware problem, it looks like Disco Lights..

well.. i'm desperate now. during one of my tests i used the Master Reset Option on the iphone and now i cannot get off the connect to iphone screen. I tried run blackr0ain again but it goes to the boy's picture and stays stucked there.. isn't workin anymore.
    my device:
    BaseBand 05.11.07
    Bootloader 6.4
    Model MB718
    Version 3.1.2 (7D11)

I believe i need a good link to a firmware and will work. Unfortunately Cyndia believe that I'm at 3.1.3 because my iphone was purchased in march..but I never updated it and it's currently jailbreacked and unlocked.

somebody please help

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Just to clear up a few names: it's Cydia and you used blackra1n to jailbreak and blacksn0w to unlock.

Cydia doesn't believe you have 3.1.3 it just has your 3.1.3 SHSH file.

You might want to look into this: Preventing baseband update as a last-ditch effort [iPhone Dev Team]

another guy told me i lost everything with the erase all data option and than my only option now is to find a firware that fits my phone. do you know where to find it?