Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Possibly Bricked

Default Possibly Bricked
    I was getting ready to sell my 3GS (running 3.1.2 and jailbroken)and stupidly tried to use the device reset function contained on the phone. After this process completed, all it would display was a picture of the pineapple. I tried put the phone in recovery mode and iTunes recognized it, but wouldn't install 3.1.2 ipsw (Yes, I know why.). I tried using redsnow for Windows to load a new ipsw, but that was not effective. It never recognized a "recovery mode" iPhone. Every time I open pwnage tool in Snow Leopard, it freezes, so I don't know how to push an ipsw in Mac.

Is there any hope for a 3.1.2 recovery for my iPhone? To be clear, it's never been on 3.1.3.

I have access to windows and Mac machines, so let me know if there is anything to try.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Last edited by xavier2010; 2010-05-28 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I'm assuming you're trying to avoid 3.1.3 because of the baseband update. Here's a solution: Preventing baseband update as a last-ditch effort [iPhone Dev Team]

If it has the old bootrom, you can also make a custom firmware and restore to that.

I saw this post, but I have no idea how to do the edits requested. I have TeamViewer and could let someone remote in to my PC and do the procedure. I would be willing to make a paypal donation to their account!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xavier2010 View Post
    I saw this post, but I have no idea how to do the edits requested. I have TeamViewer and could let someone remote in to my PC and do the procedure. I would be willing to make a paypal donation to their account!
    You should ask yeow202 then, I think he has helped others that way before. Send him a PM.

edit: found the number in his name.
    Last edited by dhamien; 2010-05-28 at 11:30 PM.