Results 1 to 15 of 15

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Is there a solution for my bricked iPhone?

  1. #1
    Default Is there a solution for my bricked iPhone?
    Hi All,

    I have an iPhone which I upgraded to 3.1.3, and now I cannot downgrade or unlock. I would like to get a black or white answer if this is possible or I should just drop everything and wait if an unlock is released in the future. I have looked endlessly on different websites and forums, but cannot seem to find a solution for this.

    I don't have a backup of the.SHSH file either.

    Please let me know if I should just pack my iPhone until an unlock is released.

    I bought my iPhone from the states which was locked to AT&T's network, however, I am using it out of US.

    Baseband : 05.12.01
    Bootload : 6.4
    Model : MB716

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    You can not unlock 05.12.01 at this time.

  3. #3
    Thanks Bumblebeez for the quick reply.

    is there some hope that this will be fixed? or everyone is working on OS4 at the moment?

  4. #4
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Europe, Lithuania
    Posts
    57
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Just jailbreak it with spirit. And for unlock.. You need to wait.
    By the way, save you shsh file with cydia after jailbreak.

  5. #5
    I think the hope is that there will be an unlock with the 4.0 jailbreak.

    BUT, keep in mind, don't upgrade to 4.0 as soon as it hits, as it may/probably will give you yet another baseband, and that one may not be unlockable.

    Stay at 3.1.3 and 05.12.01 until you see the official go ahead here on this forum just to be safe.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Myplagu3 View Post
    Just jailbreak it with spirit. And for unlock.. You need to wait.
    By the way, save you shsh file with cydia after jailbreak.


    i cannot jailbreak it with Spirit, as I dont have the SIM card from the official carrier. Will any AT&T sim card work for activation?

  7. #7
    I don't believe you need a Sim card to jailbreak it, I used spirit on my 3gs 3.1.3 with out a Sim card in and it worked for me.

  8. #8
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Europe, Lithuania
    Posts
    57
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    43longtime, yes, you need a sim card, because you need you activate your phone. After that you can jailbreak.
    Kal_59, sorry, I can't help, maybe custom firmware could help, try it.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Myplagu3 View Post
    43longtime, yes, you need a sim card, because you need you activate your phone. After that you can jailbreak.
    Kal_59, sorry, I can't help, maybe custom firmware could help, try it.
    I think I will try the custom firmware. But will any at&T SIM work? or does it have to be one which is to be used for iPhone (sorry dont know how US telecoms work)

  10. #10
    activated my iPhone with an at&t sim.. jailbroken now!

    i think I will jsut use it as an iPod for now... :s

    guys,

    I logged into Cydia, and it says "This device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS: 3.1.2, 3.1.3"

    That means I can restore right?

    if yes, can someone guide me to the correct site/post to restore?
    Last edited by kal_59; 2010-05-30 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  11. #11
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by kal_59 View Post
    activated my iPhone with an at&t sim.. jailbroken now!

    i think I will jsut use it as an iPod for now... :s

    guys,

    I logged into Cydia, and it says "This device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS: 3.1.2, 3.1.3"

    That means I can restore right?

    if yes, can someone guide me to the correct site/post to restore?
    Yes , you can downgrade fw but not the BB, there is no point of downgrading now since you are already at 3.1.3

  12. #12
    I have already downgraded, but the BB is still the same, so just using it as an iPod touch.. not great, but good enough..!

    atleast my major apps are working, like Whatsapp, Skype, eMails, as all my data is done through WiFi anyways.

  13. #13
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by kal_59 View Post
    I have already downgraded, but the BB is still the same, so just using it as an iPod touch.. not great, but good enough..!

    atleast my major apps are working, like Whatsapp, Skype, eMails, as all my data is done through WiFi anyways.
    Now that you can use it as an Ipod Touch, it won't be long you will be able to use it as an Iphone again, one good side to this jailbreak is Cydia is saving your 3.1.3 shsh file in case you need to restore to it again for the coming unlock.

  14. #14
    thats a good idea.. I should do that.. but cant wait until my iPhone works again!!

  15. #15
    my iphone is now Jailbroken and Unlocked on 3.1.2 with 05.12.01 baseband with the new bootrom!

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •