Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can a new iPhone 3GS OS 3.1.3 with bb 5.12.1 be downgraded?

Guys I am little confused, if I buy an at&t sim from eBay will I be able to activate my iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 BB5.12.01? I bought the iPhone from eBay. While activating do I need to pay anything to at&t for activation? Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Just try it dude!
    Activating-official-sim-card

I'm guessing this would have been done by now if it worked but is this possible?

Jailbreak your new 3GS on 3.1.3 and 05.12.01 with Spirit...

Open Cydia, do the complete Cydia updates then click "make my life easier..." allowing Sauriks server to capture the current SHSHs then once they are stored on his server then modify your hosts file and then try to restore using an official 3.1.2 restore IPSW file (possibly replacing 05.12.01 with 05.11.07)?

I am not sure if this will work with the 3.1.3 SHSH on file or if you MUST have had the 3.1.2 SHSHs on file with Saurik beforehand to be able to downgrade...(I don't know if SHSHs are unique to hardware or to both software AND hardware)

I guess someone could just answer whether or not SHSHs are hardware AND software unique.

If SHSHs are unique to software and hardware then my untested method WILL NOT WORK!

Edit:

The reason I thought it may work is that right now on my 3GS it says I have SHSHs stored on Sauriks server for BOTH 3.1.2 AND 3.1.3 even though I have NEVER installed 3.1.3...
    Last edited by mcozea; 2010-06-11 at 06:24 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

They're device and firmware version specific.

The reason you have SHSH for 3.1.3 is because it doesn't matter what firmware is on the phone. What matters is what Apple is currently signing.

When restoring, you send a request to Apple and Apple returns a response (a key of sorts). You can send this request without actually restoring and that's what Saurik did. He sent the request for 3.1.3 on your behalf and stored the key.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12