Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restoring 3.1.2 with shsh from cydia probelms

Default Restoring 3.1.2 with shsh from cydia probelms
    can anyone help me. i had to turn my jailbroken iphone off... when i went to blackra1n to do a reboot because my jailbreak was tethered it wont work to reboot like it should. So i have been trying to use shsh stored on Cydia to restore 3.1.2 I used the instructions on this site Restore iPhone 3GS to 3.1.2 Using SHSHs on File with Cydia | Windows It doesnt work tells me im not eligable to do so. Others have said it has worked for them within the past couple weeks. My shsh was stored vis Cydia but i did notice it said for 3.1.3 but my phone has always been 3.1.2 So is this why it doesnt work? Any advice anyone? by all acounts it should work. I follow all the steps to the letter. please help iS HIS SERVER DOWN MAYBE?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It won't work because your 3.1.2 SHSH isn't stored. Each SHSH is device and firmware version specific, meaning the SHSH you have stored will allow your device to be restored to 3.1.3 only.

If you don't need to unlock the phone, you should just restore to 3.1.3 and jailbreak with Spirit.

If you do need to unlock, you can use this method of restore to 3.1.3 without updating the baseband (this will work whether the phone has the old or the new bootrom). http://wikee.iphwn.org/howto:removellb

If you need to pull data off the phone before restoring, you can take a look at the blog of msft.guy. It's a somewhat complicated process so think about whether there's something on your phone that you absolutely must not lose. If there's not, I wouldn't bother with it. You can find his blog post here: blog_title: Working iPhone recovery ramdisk with SSH ;-)