Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Newbie need to jailbreak and unlock 3Gs 3.1.2 baseband 05.11.07

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by waiwera View Post
    thanks for the advice.
    is it ok to install redsnow without restore in itunes? coz as i said before, i can not restore. itunes said my iphone is not eligible after it verify with apple.
    Are you already jailbroken ? Just follow the link given by Dhamien , you do not need a restore.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-06-07 at 07:43 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

waiwera (2010-06-14)

Well I have my iphone 3GS jailbroken for awhile, and so far no problems no complaints. Things is i am going to be at boot camp in a few weeks, then my ojt for the military. Thing is I cant use my cell phone durings basic (9 weeks)but I can use it at my ojt which is 18 weeks.

So what I am asking is there a jailbreak for the 3.1.2 05.11.07 that will allow me to turn the phone off and on without jailbreaking everytime? I wont have access to a computer to be able to keep jailbreaking the phone.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

With an old bootrom your jailbreak wont be tethered. If it is the new bootrom you can use Spirit for an untethered jailbreak tho you will need a SIM from the official carrier of the phone to activate it to use Spirit.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nehpets30 View Post
    Well I have my iphone 3GS jailbroken for awhile, and so far no problems no complaints. Things is i am going to be at boot camp in a few weeks, then my ojt for the military. Thing is I cant use my cell phone durings basic (9 weeks)but I can use it at my ojt which is 18 weeks.

So what I am asking is there a jailbreak for the 3.1.2 05.11.07 that will allow me to turn the phone off and on without jailbreaking everytime? I wont have access to a computer to be able to keep jailbreaking the phone.
    I thnk you need the unlock, if you want untethered jailbreak, you have to restore to 3.1.2 again before applying Spirit Jailbreak. You can only restore to 3.1.2 if you have 3.1.2 shsh on file with Cydia. If you do not have it , stay with tethered jailbreak for now as you will lose your unlock if you restore to 3.1.3.

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    Are you already jailbroken ? Just follow the link given by Dhamien , you do not need a restore.
    Dhamien & Yeow2o2, YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!
    thanks so much. now my 3gs is unlocked and jailbroken! no issue so far, start installing apps etc. thanks again, guys.
    looking forward for a new unlock system so i dont have to tethered everytime i need to switch off my device.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by waiwera View Post
    Dhamien & Yeow2o2, YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!
    thanks so much. now my 3gs is unlocked and jailbroken! no issue so far, start installing apps etc. thanks again, guys.
    looking forward for a new unlock system so i dont have to tethered everytime i need to switch off my device.
    Good to hear

if I used pwnage tool and have a custom 3.1.3 with baseband 5.11.07 this means that I have an older bootrom 3GS correct? (I am currently jailbroken with ATT)

Also if that is correct, if I install blacksn0w RC2 from the cydia.pushfix.info repo it should unlock and I should be able to change my SIM to say tmobile? Or do I have to create a new custom IPSW with activate iphone enabled?

3 qustions sorry about that but with the new phone coming out I want to be able to use my 3GS as a backup/world phone for when I travel this summer

Thanks

You don't have to restore to an activated cfw. You can just unlock with blacksn0w and it will be good on any sim including official carrier

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12