Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Erased all content and settings TSS pending

Default Erased all content and settings TSS pending
    Hello guys, I have a question I want to ask about my 3Gs, and btw i did do a search on it already. So basically I was going to give this phone to my brother, but before I did i wanted to erase all my files off of it. So I did the erase all content and settings option. This caused my phone to get stuck on the apple logo and the spinning wheel. I was reading about the erase all content option and it's supposed to just bring you back to the activation screen, but my phone just keeps restarting every 4-5 mins and I never got that far. I know how to put my phone into the DFU mode. I have tried restoring it to 3.1.2 official restore, and 3.1.3 custom activated, none of these worked. Apple is not signing 3.1.2 anymore and when using 3.1.3 custom activated it was giving me the 1604 and the 1600. I was trying to use these because I didn't want my baseband to be upgraded to 05.12.01. I was running 3.1.2 and 05.11.07 baseband. I think my only option now is to restore to the official 3.1.3 ipsw and try to downgrade to 3.1.2 using SHSH. My problem is before I erased all my content I went into cydia and my TSS was still pending. I got my ECID and I keep trying to get my SHSH from Cydia, but I think it's still pending. My question is does my phone need to be active and access Cydia again for it to save my SHSH? or do I just need to wait a week or something? my next question is, is this my only choice? can i get my phone working again on the 05.11.07 baseband and get it unlocked? Thank you guys in advance

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by filo4u View Post
    Hello guys, I have a question I want to ask about my 3Gs, and btw i did do a search on it already. So basically I was going to give this phone to my brother, but before I did i wanted to erase all my files off of it. So I did the erase all content and settings option. This caused my phone to get stuck on the apple logo and the spinning wheel. I was reading about the erase all content option and it's supposed to just bring you back to the activation screen, but my phone just keeps restarting every 4-5 mins and I never got that far. I know how to put my phone into the DFU mode. I have tried restoring it to 3.1.2 official restore, and 3.1.3 custom activated, none of these worked. Apple is not signing 3.1.2 anymore and when using 3.1.3 custom activated it was giving me the 1604 and the 1600. I was trying to use these because I didn't want my baseband to be upgraded to 05.12.01. I was running 3.1.2 and 05.11.07 baseband. I think my only option now is to restore to the official 3.1.3 ipsw and try to downgrade to 3.1.2 using SHSH. My problem is before I erased all my content I went into cydia and my TSS was still pending. I got my ECID and I keep trying to get my SHSH from Cydia, but I think it's still pending. My question is does my phone need to be active and access Cydia again for it to save my SHSH? or do I just need to wait a week or something? my next question is, is this my only choice? can i get my phone working again on the 05.11.07 baseband and get it unlocked? Thank you guys in advance
    PM me i can help you to unlock if you haven't restore to 3.1.3 OR click the Yahoo messenger to chat with me
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-05-20 at 01:10 AM.

I have exactly the same problem but with 3.1.3 and now 4.0. What to do? I have pushed "Make my life easier" and it was pending but it was after Apple realesed 4.0 so is there any way to fix this?

iPhone 3GS
    old iboot
    previously 3.1.3 jb with Spirit

Need the jailbreak for sim unlock!

So I think I have having the same issue.

My brother gave me his 3GS. I had jailbroken it in the past with blackra1n 3.1.2.

Before he handed it to me, he did the erase all settings option. I thought it just took a while to complete the reset, but its been at least an hour now with no progress.

I dont really want to restore it to 4.0 if theres a chance that I can get it working on iOS4. Its in a very similar reboot cycle that the OP describes.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

If you don't want to restore to 4.0, then restore to whatever shsh you have on file with Cydia. This is your only option, if you don't have any of the shsh file , then you can't but only to restore to 4.0 is your only option.

By the way, have you tried rejailbreaking with Blackra1n again, leave it overnight with Blackra1n ON, your battery will eventually drain out and recharge back, Blackra1n might kick in again. This is all I can suggest to you.

Anyone have a link to blackra1n for 3.1.2?