Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My phone is stuck in the "Apple Logo"

Default My phone is stuck in the "Apple Logo"
    Hi there,

I'm having a 3.1.2 with full jailbreak with the blackrain. I bought it in August 09 and never upgraded it to the new version. I was on the phone earlier and I had a drop called (no service), then my phone was frozen. So.. I tried to shut it off and turn it back on. My phone got stuck in the Apple logo and it never get back to the normal screen. I tried to plug in the wall and recharge it, the apple logo pops up again (while my phone supposed to be off) and it got stuck.

Have anyone of you experienced the same problem? Please help. I don't know anything about shsh file and stuff. Please kindly tell me what to do if you have any thoughts. Thank you =[

Many of us had the same problem, myself included. Don't do what we did and restore to 3.1.13. Instead, try iReb (ih8sn0w.com) to kick your phone to the homescreen, and report back results. There are other options if that doesn't work.

Do you think if I connect my phone with the iphone and holding shift key and click restore would work?
    Is there has anyone got their problem fix wit hthe iReb?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fionach View Post
    Do you think if I connect my phone with the iphone and holding shift key and click restore would work?
    Is there has anyone got their problem fix wit hthe iReb?
    If Ireb doesn't kick you out of this loop, try creating a Custom Firmware from Pwnage Tools 3.1.5 of either 3.1.2 0r 3.1.3 and restore to the CFW you created.

Make sure you put your Iphone in Recovery Mode when restoring to CFW if it is not already in that state
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-05-18 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    If Ireb doesn't kick you out of this loop, try creating a Custom Firmware from Pwnage Tools 3.1.5 of either 3.1.2 0r 3.1.3 and restore to the CFW you created.

Make sure you put your Iphone in Recovery Mode when restoring to CFW if it is not already in that state
    Okay. I think I'll try the Ireb first.
    Besides, I'm on the ih8sn0w.com website. On the first page, it shows the Ireb only support iphone 3G, but not the 3gs. Is that true?
    I forgot to mention it on my question, I'm actually using the 3gs, not the 3G. So.. does that implies that I can't use iReb to fix the issues?

Thanks

Okay. I think I'll try the Ireb first.
    Besides, I'm on the ih8sn0w.com website. On the first page, it shows the Ireb only support iphone 3G, but not the 3gs. Is that true?
    I forgot to mention it on my question, I'm actually using the 3gs, not the 3G. So.. does that implies that I can't use iReb to fix the issues?
    IReb is a tool specifically used to error out any errors to get you back to boot up state. When you plug in your Iphone,close Itunes, run Ireb to see if it detects, if it does, then click fix recovery loop to see if it works

The reason why I suggest you to restore to CFW is because I think you have the old boot rom. I bought mine in September and i have the old bootrom too
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-05-18 at 07:50 PM.

IReb is a tool specifically used to error out any errors to get you back to boot up state. When you plug in your Iphone,close Itunes, run Ireb to see if it detects, if it does, then click fix recovery loop to see if it works

The reason why I suggest you to restore to CFW is because I think you have the old boot rom. I bought mine in September and i have the old bootrom too

Don't try and take your Iphone apart. That is for technician...LOL
    Alright. Thank you so much. I will try it later tonight.
    Hope it works!

I tried to download the Ireb while it says not complete for the mac.. I tried to install the Ireb with my desktop (vista), my computer got crash after i installed libusb. I ended up have to reinstall my whole window. Crappppp..
    Last edited by fionach; 2010-05-19 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Alright. Thank you so much. I will try it later tonight.
    Hope it works!

I tried to download the Ireb while it says not complete for the mac.. I tried to install the Ireb with my desktop (vista), my computer got crash after i installed libusb. I ended up have to reinstall my whole window. Crappppp..
    Like i have been telling everyone when i mentioned about installing Libusb on Vista or Win7, you must put it in XP2 compatibility mode before you install Libusb, otherwise your USB will crash and you have to install everything again

Like i have been telling everyone when i mentioned about installing Libusb on Vista or Win7, you must put it in XP2 compatibility mode before you install Libusb, otherwise your USB will crash and you have to install everything again
    I didn't know that and it kills all my usb ports.
    Anyways, I'm not dare to use the Ireb after all the re-installation.
    My friend ended up update my phone to 3.1.3, everything is now jailbroken except the sim lock. Does anyoen of you have any ideas on how to do the sim lock with 3.1.3? I travel a lot and that would be great if I can get the sim unlock. Thanks

Thanks

I didn't know that and it kills all my usb ports.
    Anyways, I'm not dare to use the Ireb after all the re-installation.
    My friend ended up update my phone to 3.1.3, everything is now jailbroken except the sim lock. Does anyoen of you have any ideas on how to do the sim lock with 3.1.3? I travel a lot and that would be great if I can get the sim unlock. Thanks
    Your friend just took away your Unlock, you have to wait for the next unlock.
    If you have come to us instead of your friend , we could have helped you, SOL now..

I don't know why you didn't listen to our instructions, you have the old bootrom and I asked you to use custom firmware to upgrade to 3.1.3 and unlock with Ultrasn0w. Everything would be fine. It is history now
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-05-20 at 12:53 AM.

If you have come to us instead of your friend , we could have helped you, SOL now..

I don't know why you didn't listen to our instructions, you have the old bootrom and I asked you to use custom firmware to upgrade to 3.1.3 and unlock with Ultrasn0w. Everything would be fine. It is history now
    Sigh.. I know. He did it without telling me. Feel so blue after I heard about the news. Hopefully the next unlock would come out soon.
    I've seen some of the members mentioned about the SHSH file, nothing i can do once it upgraded to 3.1.3? Is there has any ways I can downgrade it?

I have the same problem with you. But the only difference is I have not upgrade my 3Gs to 3.1.3 firmware and I bought it on October 09. Can anyone help me out?? Tried the Ireb thing but it doesn`t work.

Hi there,

I'm having a 3.1.2 with full jailbreak with the blackrain. I bought it in August 09 and never upgraded it to the new version. I was on the phone earlier and I had a drop called (no service), then my phone was frozen. So.. I tried to shut it off and turn it back on. My phone got stuck in the Apple logo and it never get back to the normal screen. I tried to plug in the wall and recharge it, the apple logo pops up again (while my phone supposed to be off) and it got stuck.

Have anyone of you experienced the same problem? Please help. I don't know anything about shsh file and stuff. Please kindly tell me what to do if you have any thoughts. Thank you =[
    I have the same problem with you. But the only difference is I have not upgrade my 3Gs to 3.1.3 firmware and I bought it on October 09. Can anyone help me out?? Tried the Ireb thing but it doesn`t work.
    Last edited by mnpl; 2010-05-21 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hello, for some reason, the ********** doesn't show up on my screen after I installed it. Anyone know why would that happen?

Quote Originally Posted by mnpl View Post

Anyone can help me with this??

Thanks

Anyone can help me with this??
    Do you have yahoo messenger, hit the button to chat with me..Y & I am online now

@mnpi: I highly recommend you cook a custom 3.1.13 fw in quickpwn (since i doubt you have your shsh file stored on cydia, although you could try to do that first) and restore to that. You'll probably get error messages, but we can deal with that later. Check the forums for instructions. Quaerendo inveniitis. Knowledge is power. Don't just ask; learn.

I dont think anyone can help me with this. N i dont have a Yahoo messenger. I have MSN. =(

I dont have SHSH instored. I tried reading and searching everywhere. But everything just doesnt fit my case. I even brought the phone to an Iphone espert and he says he cant help me much since I dont have SHSH in stored.
    Last edited by mnpl; 2010-05-26 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I dont think anyone can help me with this. N i dont have a Yahoo messenger. I have MSN. =(

I dont have SHSH instored. I tried reading and searching everywhere. But everything just doesnt fit my case. I even brought the phone to an Iphone espert and he says he cant help me much since I dont have SHSH in stored.
    I left you a message to chat with me in msn messenger if you still need help.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

mnpl (2010-05-26)

Follow Delusion's post in this thread and read my post if you can't seem to get out of DFU mode:

http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...o-crashes.html

thank you for your link, very kind of you. I do know how to go to DFU mode. yeow202 has been so kind to add me in MSN and guide me with my problem. Im currently trying to get an O2 simcard from UK to activate my phone first. =)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast