Results 1 to 8 of 8

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Restoring baseband to the same one

  1. #1
    Default Restoring baseband to the same one
    Hey guys!

    Let me start with a little story. I had 3gs with 3.1.2 with BB 5.11.07, jailbreaked and unlocked with blackrain/snow. After working ok for 3 months, suddenly I was stuck in a recovery loop. Somehow I got out of it and installed Blacksnow RC2 which should prevent loops from happening.
    I didn't remove previous unlock and my phone freezed few days later and thats where my real problems start.

    When I remove RC2, my phone works like an iPod
    Then I upgraded it to 3.1.3 (leaving baseband intact, with a help from the forum). When I jailbreak it with spirit, it works great. I can use official carrier and everything. The problem is that I need my unlock but my baseband is broken from last tries (upgraded iPhone fw without touching BB). I have the same problems like before... RC1 puts the phone into recovery loop, RC2 freezes the s***t out of it.

    As I see it, my only chance is to try and restore the same version of baseband as I currently have...or wait for another months.

    Is this doable? Please help me, I'm sick of carrying around my old Samsung D600O _O

  2. #2
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ruicosta View Post
    Hey guys!

    Let me start with a little story. I had 3gs with 3.1.2 with BB 5.11.07, jailbreaked and unlocked with blackrain/snow. After working ok for 3 months, suddenly I was stuck in a recovery loop. Somehow I got out of it and installed Blacksnow RC2 which should prevent loops from happening.
    I didn't remove previous unlock and my phone freezed few days later and thats where my real problems start.

    When I remove RC2, my phone works like an iPod
    Then I upgraded it to 3.1.3 (leaving baseband intact, with a help from the forum). When I jailbreak it with spirit, it works great. I can use official carrier and everything. The problem is that I need my unlock but my baseband is broken from last tries (upgraded iPhone fw without touching BB). I have the same problems like before... RC1 puts the phone into recovery loop, RC2 freezes the s***t out of it.

    As I see it, my only chance is to try and restore the same version of baseband as I currently have...or wait for another months.

    Is this doable? Please help me, I'm sick of carrying around my old Samsung D600O _O
    Yes, if your BB for 3.1.2 is corrupted, you have to reflashed your 3.1.2 bb which is not possible with the last ditch method, I guess you have to wait for the next unlock then.

  3. #3
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    You can reflash the baseband. It's actually quite easy. Here's a guide: blacksn0w crashes 3.1.2 firmware 05.11.07 baseband 3GS, no shsh on file (Solution) extechblog

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

    iYeow (2010-05-19), ruicosta (2010-05-18)

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    You can reflash the baseband. It's actually quite easy. Here's a guide: blacksn0w crashes 3.1.2 firmware 05.11.07 baseband 3GS, no shsh on file (Solution) extechblog
    thanks mate, you are a life saver

  6. #5
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    You can reflash the baseband. It's actually quite easy. Here's a guide: blacksn0w crashes 3.1.2 firmware 05.11.07 baseband 3GS, no shsh on file (Solution) extechblog
    Thanks Dhamien, I have read it somewhere quite awhile ago but forgot about this manual flashing for old bootrom only.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    You can reflash the baseband. It's actually quite easy. Here's a guide: blacksn0w crashes 3.1.2 firmware 05.11.07 baseband 3GS, no shsh on file (Solution) extechblog
    Could this method be used for 3GS(3.1.3) with new bootrom to downgrade the baseband in order to unlock with ultrasn0w afterwards?

  8. #7
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,830
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 382 Times in 368 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by notis1000 View Post
    Could this method be used for 3GS(3.1.3) with new bootrom to downgrade the baseband in order to unlock with ultrasn0w afterwards?
    No, you can't downgrade the baseband. It'll only work for either reflashing or upgrading.

  9. #8
    thanks for the quick reply.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •