Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Accessory Not Compatible Error After Downgrade and Jailbreak

Default Accessory Not Compatible Error After Downgrade and Jailbreak
    My jailbroken (not unlocked) 3.1.2 iPhone became unresponsive. Couldn't even access it through SSH. I restored it via iTunes, which upgraded it to 3.1.3 and removed my jailbreak. My phone has all the SHSHs on file with Cydia, so I was able to downgrade it back to 3.1.2 and rejailbreak it. Now, when I plug my phone into my laptop, I get the charging not supported error, and my phone will not charge. The problem does not occur every time I plug it in, and I can usually get it to work by unplugging and replugging it in many times. It works fine when plugged into the wall. Anyone know the problem and solution?

Thank you

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ooter37 View Post
    My jailbroken (not unlocked) 3.1.2 iPhone became unresponsive. Couldn't even access it through SSH. I restored it via iTunes, which upgraded it to 3.1.3 and removed my jailbreak. My phone has all the SHSHs on file with Cydia, so I was able to downgrade it back to 3.1.2 and rejailbreak it. Now, when I plug my phone into my laptop, I get the charging not supported error, and my phone will not charge. The problem does not occur every time I plug it in, and I can usually get it to work by unplugging and replugging it in many times. It works fine when plugged into the wall. Anyone know the problem and solution?

Thank you
    Since you have already restored to 3.1.3, why don't you restore to 3.1.3 again and then jailbreak with Spirit ( if you have the official sim card to activate) and see what happens. If your Iphone still has the problem of charging, then you might have a problem with your Iphone, then take it back to Apple for exchange while it is under warranty.

Eh I guess I could. I kind of don't want to go through the restore process again. No other solution?