Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS stuck in DFU

Quote Originally Posted by naly View Post
    OMG - I cant get out of DFU Mode at all. I have restored it to the custom 3.1.3 file and now error 6. I am not able to get out of error 6 even using rslite it gives an error. What I just restored it Orig. Apple restore and loose unlock and jailbreak -- Whould that get me out of DFU Mode??? Any other ideas?
    Naly:

How to put your iPhone in recovery mode :

1. Turn the device completely off and disconnect it from cable/dock.
    2. Hold down the home button.
    3. While holding down the home button connect to a computer with a cable (easiest) or dock.
    4. Keep holding down the home button until you see a connect-to-itunes screen You are now in recovery mode.

In step 4, you might need to hold down the home button FOR MORE THAN 1 MINUTE!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aquaholik View Post
    Naly:

How to put your iPhone in recovery mode :

1. Turn the device completely off and disconnect it from cable/dock.
    2. Hold down the home button.
    3. While holding down the home button connect to a computer with a cable (easiest) or dock.
    4. Keep holding down the home button until you see a connect-to-itunes screen You are now in recovery mode.

In step 4, you might need to hold down the home button FOR MORE THAN 1 MINUTE!!!!!!!
    Hi I just tried this and the screen is still black - nothing what so ever. I held the home button for over a minute. Its still in DFU mode

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm just trying to reboot this damn thing. I have a 3GS with the new bootrom. I updated to the 3.1.3 firmware while keeping the baseband from the 3.1.2 firmware. I can't even get iRecovery to stay open for longer than a second. I am running Window's 7. I installed that libusb deal and I ran everything as admin and in compatibility to XP SP2.

And, I don't even understand how to run rslite... So, that's a lost cause.

Right now I am downloading the 3.1.2 stock firmware to use redsn0w just to try to boot it up. It's still in recovery or DFU while I'm doing all of this... just can't get any programs to run to try to boot. Once I figure out how to even USE these programs, I should be good to go, I hope.

Anything that anybody could point out to me if I am missing something would be appreciated!

Again, I installed libusb and I am running/installing everything as admin and in compatibility mode to XP SP2.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by crazylfni View Post
    I'm just trying to reboot this damn thing. I have a 3GS with the new bootrom. I updated to the 3.1.3 firmware while keeping the baseband from the 3.1.2 firmware. I can't even get iRecovery to stay open for longer than a second. I am running Window's 7. I installed that libusb deal and I ran everything as admin and in compatibility to XP SP2.

And, I don't even understand how to run rslite... So, that's a lost cause.

Right now I am downloading the 3.1.2 stock firmware to use redsn0w just to try to boot it up. It's still in recovery or DFU while I'm doing all of this... just can't get any programs to run to try to boot. Once I figure out how to even USE these programs, I should be good to go, I hope.

Anything that anybody could point out to me if I am missing something would be appreciated!

Again, I installed libusb and I am running/installing everything as admin and in compatibility mode to XP SP2.

Thanks!
    Hey goood luck with all of this. I have tried all of this and my iphone is in black dfu mode - its not booting at ALL. Tried rslite, iRecovery...etc. Please PM me if anything works for you to get out of DFU mode.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This worked. I downloaded redsn0w for windows from iclarified.com, downloaded stock 3.1.2, ran redsn0w, selected 3.1.2 rather than 3.1.3, and it booted. Now, I just have to try to jailbreak. My deactivated AT&T SIM doesn't activate... obviously...

I had to uninstall libusb to make this work also.

To the jailbreaking!!

I will keep posting to share my findings.

Actually, my deactivated sim DID work...

And I don't know what "PM" you means!! HAHA!! Sorry, I'm not really forum savvy.

So everything is working now. I unlocked/activated with blackra1n via cydia... I had a deactivated AT&T SIM which allowed me to get past the emergency call screen. I used Spirit to install Cydia but it didn't do the non-tethered jailbreak. I still have to do that, not a big deal seeing that I haven't been able to use this iPhone since end of April.

Good luck everybody who is in the position that I was in up until last night... My 3GS was out of commission for over a month, I was going crazy.
    Last edited by crazylfni; 2010-05-30 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crazylfni View Post
    This worked. I downloaded redsn0w for windows from iclarified.com, downloaded stock 3.1.2, ran redsn0w, selected 3.1.2 rather than 3.1.3, and it booted. Now, I just have to try to jailbreak. My deactivated AT&T SIM doesn't activate... obviously...

I had to uninstall libusb to make this work also.

To the jailbreaking!!

I will keep posting to share my findings.

Actually, my deactivated sim DID work...

And I don't know what "PM" you means!! HAHA!! Sorry, I'm not really forum savvy.

So everything is working now. I unlocked/activated with blackra1n via cydia... I had a deactivated AT&T SIM which allowed me to get past the emergency call screen. I used Spirit to install Cydia but it didn't do the non-tethered jailbreak. I still have to do that, not a big deal seeing that I haven't been able to use this iPhone since end of April.

Good luck everybody who is in the position that I was in up until last night... My 3GS was out of commission for over a month, I was going crazy.
    PM usually means afternoon but here it means Private message..LOL.....

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

man just use custom 3.1.2 put phone in RECOVERY mode. Hold home buttn 5 seconds, leep holding home turn on the phone and continue holding home until plug it into itunes pops up. if not keep holding home and power until ur phone shows plug it into itines. BOOM ull be on 3.1.2 back and running again.

u ppl r complicating too much

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by delusion950 View Post
    man just use custom 3.1.2 put phone in RECOVERY mode. Hold home buttn 5 seconds, leep holding home turn on the phone and continue holding home until plug it into itunes pops up. if not keep holding home and power until ur phone shows plug it into itines. BOOM ull be on 3.1.2 back and running again.

u ppl r complicating too much
    You CANNOT use custom ipsw on a 3GS with the new boot-rom, unless you unzip it and edit the actual firmware... Good try though.
    Last edited by crazylfni; 2010-05-30 at 07:36 AM.

Thanks

never read saw new boot in description. i onow custom dont work on new boot. i assumed its ld =P

old*
    Last edited by delusion950; 2010-05-30 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by delusion950 View Post
    never read saw new boot in description. i onow custom dont work on new boot. i assumed its ld =P

old*
    Yeah, I got mine working again so I'm happy! I need to sell it now before the new one comes out otherwise it won't be worth as much!!

Thanks

good. =) 3GS and 4G will still be on price, 3G and 2G i think its time price drops.

Default help me please !!!!
    hey guys. ive got a iphone 3gs stuck in this recovery boot loop. i bought my iphone from the states so i cant restore it as i live in the uk and i will loose the unlock. the phone basically loads the geohot face when i make it rain stays there for a couple of mins then the load circle comes up over the geohot face but doesnt move round then goes back to the itunes pluggin screen. ive tried everything and just cant get it to reboot help me please its been nearly a month

Thanks

did u try custom 3.1.3 it wont touch ur baseband.

did u try ireb to kick it out of recovery?

how about custom firmware 3.1.2 if u got old boot if u have new boot it wont work if you have old boot PM ill give u the link to custom 3.1.2 only and i say only if u got old boot as it wont work woth new boot and tethered jailbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by naly View Post
    Hey goood luck with all of this. I have tried all of this and my iphone is in black dfu mode - its not booting at ALL. Tried rslite, iRecovery...etc. Please PM me if anything works for you to get out of DFU mode.
    Hi Naly, did you manage to get out of DFU mode? I'm having the same problem. I noticed that if you try to recover using iTunes, and when your iPhone screen goes white then the apple appears. At that point you're in Recovery Mode, so just disconnect the USB cable. Exit iTunes, then reconnect the USB cable. Now, iRecovery -s should see your iPhone. You can try entering the following commands in the iRecovery command prompt and see if it works for you:

setenv auto-boot true
    saveenv
    reboot
    /exit

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234