Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS stuck in DFU

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marcus34 View Post
    the phone was in dfu mode, when i got it from my friend. apparently he took it to a phoneguy who tried to restore to a custom firmware and the phone ended up in dfu, it was in 3.1.2 before and it doesnt have a backup of the shsh files so my only option to fix it without updating the baseband was using this method. i followed the guide flashed the firmware got error 6 but after that the phone stayed in dfu mode and not recovery, i tried using irecovery on windows and got an error like "device cannot be identified" then i tried rslite on my friends mac an there i got the same screen as TS where it said [DFU] instead of recovery.

ooh and i have tried resetting the phone by holding both power and home buttons but i didnt help at all

if someone knows how to use rslite to get the phone out of DFU pls help me.

PS. yeah i tried ireb but i didnt manage to make it work, is there a guide to using it somewhere?
    Have you installed libusb on pc yet. Try putting your Iphone in recovery mode( Turn phone off, while holding the Home button, plug in the cable to pc until the screen has an Itunes Cable Logo. If it doesn't work, you might have to start all over again by restoring to last ditch copy of 3.1.3
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-05-15 at 12:51 AM.

i am stuck in same dilemma. I got the error #6 and then phone went blank again...tried everything nuthing seems to work....anything will help...Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by waste1234 View Post
    i am stuck in same dilemma. I got the error #6 and then phone went blank again...tried everything nuthing seems to work....anything will help...Thanks
    Have you used IReb to error out #6 ?

Can you describe a little more on what you are doing ?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

waste1234 (2010-05-16)

yeah i have libusb installed but i get the usb_claim_interface error when trying to use irecovery, ireb didnt do anything and holding home button to get to recovery mode didnt work, isnt there any commands i can enter in rslite while the phone is in dfu mode to make it start?

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    Have you used IReb to error out #6 ?

Can you describe a little more on what you are doing ?
    THanks for helping,

To begun with i followed all the instruction for "last ditch", I was able to get the #6 error but as soon as i get that error the 3gs will go blank with nothing on the screen. So then i used irecovery, ired and and several other things to bring the phone out of dfu mode. Now i know that 3gs is in dfu mode because every time i connect it with PC the iTunes says, iPhone has been detected in restore mode and u need to restore it before it can be use with iTunes. The strange thing is that its not detected by anything else. Thanks again for showing interest in my problem.

Thanks

THanks for helping,

To begun with i followed all the instruction for "last ditch", I was able to get the #6 error but as soon as i get that error the 3gs will go blank with nothing on the screen. So then i used irecovery, ired and and several other things to bring the phone out of dfu mode. Now i know that 3gs is in dfu mode because every time i connect it with PC the iTunes says, iPhone has been detected in restore mode and u need to restore it before it can be use with iTunes. The strange thing is that its not detected by anything else. Thanks again for showing interest in my problem.
    Have you installed Libusb in order for IReb to detect your Iphone in order to error out. ? Make sure you put it in xp2 compatibility mode when installing libusb if you are using Vista/Win7, otherwise it will kill your usb

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    Have you installed Libusb in order for IReb to detect your Iphone in order to error out. ? Make sure you put it in xp2 compatibility mode when installing libusb if you are using Vista/Win7, otherwise it will kill your usb
    of course i installed that. And i thought the same thing that os might be creating probs so i tried it on two different os namely win xp and 7 but nothing seems to work. At this point i m think that i m messed my iPhone OS to the point that i think i have to do a regular restore of 3.1.3, which i m trying to avoid.

AND SORRY "marcus34" I DIDN'T MEAN TO HIJACK YOUR THREAD.
    Last edited by waste1234; 2010-05-17 at 03:50 PM.

I am also stuck in the DFU Mode for 2 weeks as well. I have 3GS jailbroken by blackra1n 3.1.2. I have tried many home/power button combos multiple times and even tried changing the hosts file but to no avial. Can someone please help?

Thanks

THanks for helping,

When the error #6 came out, (you are 90% done except that you are in a loop) you need to error out and into emergency screen. It seems that you have a problem with your pc of getting the tools like IReb and rslite to work.

Quote Originally Posted by naly View Post
    I am also stuck in the DFU Mode for 2 weeks as well. I have 3GS jailbroken by blackra1n 3.1.2. I have tried many home/power button combos multiple times and even tried changing the hosts file but to no avial. Can someone please help?
    Leave me a message
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-05-17 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

no problem dude it is not even my thread haha, but we seem to have the same problem, hope we can find a solution soon

i have this same problem, but on a 3g. rslite shows it as always being in DFU mode and I can't get it into recovery mode. I think the bootloader is corrupted. Does anyone know if going back to some old OS version would modify the bootloader?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by msk View Post
    i have this same problem, but on a 3g. rslite shows it as always being in DFU mode and I can't get it into recovery mode. I think the bootloader is corrupted. Does anyone know if going back to some old OS version would modify the bootloader?
    Wrong, Bootloader cannot be corrupted. You should read on how to put it in recovery mode.

Anyway, I will going to teach you how to put in Recovery Mode.

Turn your phone off by hard reset ( Hold Home and Power Button)until the screen blanks out.

Now Open Itunes, while holding the Home Button, plug your cable with Iphone until the Itunes Cable logo comes out. Now you are in Recovery mode.

That is it, in Recovery Mode... LMAO

How can I go in recovery mode when I am in DFU Mode - I am not able to exit DFU Mode!?!?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

How can I go in recovery mode when I am in DFU Mode - I am not able to exit DFU Mode!?!?
    If you've tried the various ways to get out of DFU and you're sure you've done it correctly and still can't do it, then there's something wrong with your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    If you've tried the various ways to get out of DFU and you're sure you've done it correctly and still can't do it, then there's something wrong with your phone.
    My iPhone was working perfectly jailbroken via blackra1n and unlocked via blacksn0w but all of a sudden it shutdown the other day and in trying to power it back it up - I unconsciously made it go into DFU mode and ever since its been black. Perhaps there is a method I havent tried - my last resort & the least desired resort is to restore. Perhaps I exhausted all methods to try to get out of DFU mode - Can you please list or refer me to ALL!?!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

My iPhone was working perfectly jailbroken via blackra1n and unlocked via blacksn0w but all of a sudden it shutdown the other day and in trying to power it back it up - I unconsciously made it go into DFU mode and ever since its been black. Perhaps there is a method I havent tried - my last resort & the least desired resort is to restore. Perhaps I exhausted all methods to try to get out of DFU mode - Can you please list or refer me to ALL!?!
    You can't accidentally go to DFU mode, it requires quite a specific button combination. As I said, if you're sure that you did the method of getting out of DFU mode correctly and it's still not working, there's something wrong with the phone.

I was able to fix mine last night. It was a hardware problem that caused the iphone to be stuck in DFU mode. I took the iphone apart and noticed that as i took the screen off one of the ribbon cables was loose. Once I put it back together I was able to restore it.

The restore option shows up when I connect with iTunes...I dont want to restore as I will loose my jailbreak and unlock. Any other ideas?

The restore option shows up when I connect with iTunes...I dont want to restore as I will loose my jailbreak and unlock. Any other ideas?
    well, just take it apart and put it back together, maybe you have a loose ribbon cable as well. if you haven't attempted to restore it yet, maybe the OS is still okay and you may not need to restore.

How do you take it apart? Is it hard to put it together? How old ir iphone --- mine is only like 6 months.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast