Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help.. jailbroken iphone 3gs 3.0.1

Default Need help.. jailbroken iphone 3gs 3.0.1
    I have a jailbroken iphone 3gs 3.0.1 on 4.26.08 baseband
    How do I unlock it ??
    can i do it without restoring the fimware?
    would blackrain work on it ??
    please help
    thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sharks_me View Post
    I have a jailbroken iphone 3gs 3.0.1 on 4.26.08 baseband
    How do I unlock it ??
    can i do it without restoring the fimware?
    would blackrain work on it ??
    please help
    thanks
    Easiest way for you to do is make a custom Firmware :

For PC > SnowBreeze 1.5.2 > cfw 3.1.3
    Shift + Restore (Itunes) > Browse cfw 3.1.3 on Desktop

For Mac > Pwnage Tools 3.1.5 > cfw 3.1.2 or cfw 3.1.3
    Home + Restore (Itunes ) > cfw 3.1.2 or cfw 3.1.3

Once restored successfully > go to Cydia and install Ultrasn0w.

Now you are all set : Jailbroken, Unlocked at version 3.1.3

Enjoy....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

sharks_me (2010-05-11)

is there any way to do it without restoring firmware?
    Ultrasn0w?
    and how to restore it to 3.1.2?

Thanks

is there any way to do it without restoring firmware?
    Ultrasn0w?
    and how to restore it to 3.1.2?
    If you click Restore from Itunes, Apple will download the latest 3.1.3 and install , then you are screwed.

You have to download the ipsw onto you computer. Assuming you are using a PC, do a Shift key + Restore ( Itunes) , it will open up a box for you to search to the file on desktop. So once you have created the Custom Firmware (CFW), you restore to that cfw you created and restore the normal way. You are all set.
    You might as well create the 3.1.3 version .

thanks a lot .. i know how to make a custom ipsw using pwnage tool... is it all i gotta do?? how do i restore it to 3.1.2 using shsh backup??
    cant ultrasnow do the job.. i dun wanna restore the fw

Thanks

thanks a lot .. i know how to make a custom ipsw using pwnage tool... is it all i gotta do?? how do i restore it to 3.1.2 using shsh backup??
    cant ultrasnow do the job.. i dun wanna restore the fw
    The benefits of using custom firmware is you bypass all verification of shsh file. You don't even need to do anything. You have to restore to the firmware in order to updrade. It is advisable to do a restore, if you do a shift + Update > it might screw up and either way you do , you will lose all your apps. Just sync it back.

Make sure you sync with Itunes first, then when you have finished restoring, on the Itunes screen, it will ask you if you want to setup as new Iphone or restore, now you click restore from Backup. It is that easy..

If you say you don't want to restore fw, then just stay with 3.0.1..LOL

8. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

sharks_me (2010-05-11)

yeah but all am asking is how can i unlock it ??
    i have it jailbroken already.. is there no way without upgrading the fw

Thanks

Your baseband will stay at it is, cfw will not update your baseband, install Ultrasn0w from Cydia again when you have finished restoring to 3.1.3

If you want to use Blackra1n, the conditions are as follows :

You must have shsh 3.1.2 filte with Cydia.

You have to point your host file to Saurik server which is currently down.

You will lose the Ultrasn0w to unlock.

You will then have to use Blacksn0w.

Why wasting Ultrasn0w unlock when you are able to..

Get it..
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-05-11 at 05:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

11. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

sharks_me (2010-05-11)

thanks a lot for the detailed explanation .. for some stupid reason i dont want to upgrade to 3.1.3.. so after following all the instructions for backing up shsh and pointing to saurik`s server .. if i restore a custom 3.1.2 fw.. would i be able to use the ultrasn0w unlock ?

i have another iphone 3gs with 5.11.07 and 3.1.3 .. it was unlocked earlier on 3.1.2 but then i restored it to custom 3.1.3 using pwnage tool .. so is it still unlocked?
    Last edited by sharks_me; 2010-05-11 at 05:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

thanks a lot for the detailed explanation .. for some stupid reason i dont want to upgrade to 3.1.3.. so after following all the instructions for backing up shsh and pointing to saurik`s server .. if i restore a custom 3.1.2 fw.. would i be able to use the ultrasn0w unlock ?

i have another iphone 3gs with 5.11.07 and 3.1.3 .. it was unlocked earlier on 3.1.2 but then i restored it to custom 3.1.3 using pwnage tool .. so is it still unlocked?
    That is correct, whatever Baseband that is on your present Iphone , when you use CFW, your baseband will remain the same.

So one Iphone will Unlock with Ultrasn0w and the other will be Unlocked with Blacksn0w. Blacksn0w is the last unlock at the moment.
    For your Iphone that uses Ultrasn0w, you can later use Blacksn0w if you accidently restore to 3.1.2 which at the moment is not possible to restore to stock 3.1.2 due to Apple not signing anymore ( unless you have shsh 3.1.2 backup )

Ultrasn0w is more stable than Blacksn0w.

When creating cfw, use expert mode : you can change your primary partition, use custom boot images ( my image is the avatar you see here ) in .png format, make sure if you want rocks, check on rocks install before you build your ipsw...

I am going to kil you if you ask anymore stupid questions......just kidding..LMAO

Don't worry if you encounter any problems while restoring, message me.. be patience , don't do anything drastic. ..or you can end up with stock 3.1.3 and I can't help you anymore..

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    That is correct, whatever Baseband that is on your present Iphone , when you use CFW, your baseband will remain the same.

So one Iphone will Unlock with Ultrasn0w and the other will be Unlocked with Blacksn0w. Blacksn0w is the last unlock at the moment.
    For your Iphone that uses Ultrasn0w, you can later use Blacksn0w if you accidently restore to 3.1.2 which at the moment is not possible to restore to stock 3.1.2 due to Apple not signing anymore ( unless you have shsh 3.1.2 backup )

Ultrasn0w is more stable than Blacksn0w.

When creating cfw, use expert mode : you can change your primary partition, use custom boot images ( my image is the avatar you see here ) in .png format, make sure if you want rocks, check on rocks install before you build your ipsw...

I am going to kil you if you ask anymore stupid questions......just kidding..LMAO

Don't worry if you encounter any problems while restoring, message me.. be patience , don't do anything drastic. ..or you can end up with stock 3.1.3 and I can't help you anymore..

Sorry , I missed answering the other question about unlocking the 3.1.3 with 05.11.07 baseband. You have to add this source in Cydia > cydia.pushfix.info , then install Blacksn0w RC2 to unlock. Don't ever use Blacksn0w from Geohot, you will end up in a loop and probably the nice Geohot's face for the night..
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-05-11 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

U don't need to update if u don't want. u can just use ultrasn0w to unlock

thanks a ton bro for clearing my doubts..
    another stupid question :
    shsh are fw specific? it means if i take a shsh backup of 3.0.1 now, i would only be able to restore to 3.0.1 fw or 3.1.3

Thanks

thanks a ton bro for clearing my doubts..
    another stupid question :
    shsh are fw specific? it means if i take a shsh backup of 3.0.1 now, i would only be able to restore to 3.0.1 fw or 3.1.3
    Yes, if you have shsh on file or able to backup, you can always restore it back to the firmware

i had not backed up the shsh file earlier when apple was signing the firmware.. if i backup the shsh file now, would it work? i dont have any backups rite now of 3.0.1

Thanks

i had not backed up the shsh file earlier when apple was signing the firmware.. if i backup the shsh file now, would it work? i dont have any backups rite now of 3.0.1
    Then you can't restore to 3.0.1 ....LOL. Just don't do anything.

so how can i unlock it now ?

Thanks

so how can i unlock it now ?
    I have told you in my thread to use CFW, build one yourself and restore to it. Trust me, you will still be able to unlock with Ultrasn0w, jailbroken and at version 3.1.3 just like my Iphone too .

You have the best 3GS, the best Unlock and the latest version 3.1.3 ( this method doesn't apply to everyone )
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-05-13 at 06:40 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

sharks_me (2010-05-18)

job done.. both phones are unlocked now .. thanks a ton guys