Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help, stuck in the loop after spirit & blackra1n'd it

Default help, stuck in the loop after spirit & blackra1n'd it
    i see the solution by muscle nerd Preventing baseband update as a last-ditch effort [iPhone Dev Team] and have tried and tried but can seam to get it right i have D/L the 3.1.3 but don't know how to re zip it or turn it into a ipsw file arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggghhh

so pissed please help if some1 has managed it could i use Ur file i don't know i ain't sure, if so could u up it here be much appreciated
    i need my iPhone back using a crappy old nokia i keep in the kitchen draw for emergencies as i need my unlock

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by peterparker5081 View Post
    i see the solution by muscle nerd Preventing baseband update as a last-ditch effort [iPhone Dev Team] and have tried and tried but can seam to get it right i have D/L the 3.1.3 but don't know how to re zip it or turn it into a ipsw file arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggghhh

so pissed please help if some1 has managed it could i use Ur file i don't know i ain't sure, if so could u up it here be much appreciated
    i need my iPhone back using a crappy old nokia i keep in the kitchen draw for emergencies as i need my unlock
    You should leave him a message and ask him to send you the edited version of 3.1.3 ipsw. If I can make one myself, I will definitely share it with you guys, but I have nothing to test it.

I think everyone has the Fear Syndrome of using the timing method to pull the cable when it starts restoring Iphone firmware. Well, it is good idea not to do it because it might brick your Iphone..if you do it correctly you are OK.... Patience is the key thing here .....LOL
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-05-11 at 03:31 AM.

thnx but dunno how to contact them aint on twitter

also a vidoe could help

Thanks

thnx but dunno how to contact them aint on twitter

also a vidoe could help
    I didn't know you were stuck too, i thought you were just kidding.

Let me recall : You have a tethered Iphone Jailbroken with Blackra1n and at 3.1.2 firmware. Then you ran Spiritjb on top of Blackra1n, and now stuck at bootloop ( the apple logo ).

Do you want to try the " Pulling out method ", there seems to be alot of success rate.. I can guide you if you want.

nah i tried that with my girlfriend but still was screwed lol,

nah this way there is no firmware to update so it crashes but repairs firmware 1st?

i dont know where to down load 3.1.3 from?

then once i do and its that ipod cude icon how do i unzip it to edit it?

then how do i rezip it to make it back into that file?

i have the 3.1.3zip and i think i edited that ok like in the instructions
    but where i do the restore itunes do see and part of it so how can i use it ?

Thanks

nah i tried that with my girlfriend but still was screwed lol,

nah this way there is no firmware to update so it crashes but repairs firmware 1st?

i dont know where to down load 3.1.3 from?

then once i do and its that ipod cude icon how do i unzip it to edit it?

then how do i rezip it to make it back into that file?

i have the 3.1.3zip and i think i edited that ok like in the instructions
    but where i do the restore itunes do see and part of it so how can i use it ?
    Peter, I have made an edited copy of the 3.1.3 ipsw to be able to restore to 3.1.3 without baseband update but how can I send it to you. It is 297,934 kb. I haven't tested it though..

i have done this now but cant instal blacksn0w to use unlock it just wont instal

Thanks

i have done this now but cant instal blacksn0w to use unlock it just wont instal
    Use Blacksn0w RC2 from the repo sourse > cydia.pushfix.info, this will get you working..

Thanks

Default dont worry
    dont worry i managed to figure out how to do it. im very tech savy, jus was lazy lol. But when it says:

3. Remove Firmware/all_flash/all_flash.n88ap.production/LLB.n88ap.RELEASE.img3

do i actually delte that file?
    also i recived the same error as the other guy, im going to try his method and use notepad instead of wordpad

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ohs0flyMar View Post
    dont worry i managed to figure out how to do it. im very tech savy, jus was lazy lol. But when it says:

3. Remove Firmware/all_flash/all_flash.n88ap.production/LLB.n88ap.RELEASE.img3

do i actually delte that file?
    also i recived the same error as the other guy, im going to try his method and use notepad instead of wordpad
    Yes, use notepad , not wordpad.

Default help?
    okay, i edited with notepad, and now it says preparing iphone for restore. Bin like this for 4 mins now? Whats wrong?

i got error 1604. what do i do

I was getting errors, but now i finally edited with notepad, and it goes to preparing iphone for restore, stays there for 4 mins,and i get error 1604. can someone give me their aim, or yahoo so i can chat for help plz? what do i do now?
    Last edited by Ohs0flyMar; 2010-05-12 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

okay, i edited with notepad, and now it says preparing iphone for restore. Bin like this for 4 mins now? Whats wrong?

i got error 1604. what do i do

I was getting errors, but now i finally edited with notepad, and it goes to preparing iphone for restore, stays there for 4 mins,and i get error 1604. can someone give me their aim, or yahoo so i can chat for help plz? what do i do now?
    Put your Iphone in Recovery Mode, and restore again.

okay im trying again. Please stay with me and help me lol. thanks.

Thanks

okay im trying again. Please stay with me and help me lol. thanks.
    Alright, I will stay with you

Exclamation Help needed!
    Hello Guys,

Well, the problem I am facing is similar..
    I have an iPhone 3gs, earlier was on 3.1.2, factory unlocked!
    Had Blackra1n ed it..
    it was then on a tethered jailbreak..used to go to recovery mode..

Before removing the Blackra1n i used spirit.

Now it is in the recovery loop..and is not getting out of it.

Is there any other way or is the Alternative method (Given by Dev team) the ultimate solution? Please help..

Also from where should I obtain the IPSW file in case i am to follow the Alternative method?
    If i restore using the stock IPSW file my baseband will be upgraded but do i need to worry since mine is a factory unlocked phone?

Thanks in advance.

PS : I havent stored / backed up my iPhone. I am unaware of the ECID and shsh blob concept.

Well factory unlocked phones arent affected by badeband updates. Just put into dfu and restore. But if you would like to preserve your baseband just incase your phone isnt factory unlocked. I can walk you through the process.