Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Preventing baseband update as a last-ditch effort

hi

wat do i have to delete in file BuildManifest.plist? all <key>LLB</key> keys? and </dict>?

Please advise what i have to do in this file?

Quote Originally Posted by R3plic4tor View Post
    Is blacksnow rc2 laggy by u 2?
    blacksn0w RC2 is laggy when you turn on your phone because it only starts to execute when the springboard comes up. Just because the springboard is on, your phone is not ready yet.
    This is a fix for stability and bootloop problems.

Quote Originally Posted by sunny420 View Post
    hi

wat do i have to delete in file BuildManifest.plist? all <key>LLB</key> keys? and </dict>?

Please advise what i have to do in this file?
    Remove this part (it appears twice):

Code:
    <key>LLB</key>
    <dict>
            <key>BuildString</key>
            <string>iBoot-636.66.33~4</string>
            <key>Info</key>
            <dict>
                    <key>IsFirmwarePayload</key>
                    <true/>
                    <key>Path</key>
                    <string>Firmware/all_flash/all_flash.n88ap.production/LLB.n88ap.RELEASE.img3</string>
            </dict>
            <key>PartialDigest</key>
            <data>
            QAAAADgBAQBmTeQNOchSWUN8/P56yjPVrrML
            2w==
            </data>
    </dict>

<key>LLB</key> appears twice.. so i have to delete <key>LLB</key> twice? and what to do with </dict> ??

that entire piece of code will appear twice in the file.
    Delete it all.

i have done all but when i try to restore the ISPW file, itunes gives error... firmware is not compatible..

IT WORKS !! i used first Windows 7 and got error that the ispw file was not compatible. After that i used Mac OSX to unzip and edit files and uploaded with itunes ..it worked!!

Don't use Win 7 But mac osx !
    Last edited by sunny420; 2010-05-12 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I used windows 7 x64 to edit and restore. I used Notepad++ to edit the files.

I was getting errors, but now i finally edited with notepad, and it goes to preparing iphone for restore, stays there for 4 mins,and i get error 1604. can someone give me their aim, or yahoo so i can chat for help plz? what do i do now?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ohs0flyMar View Post
    I was getting errors, but now i finally edited with notepad, and it goes to preparing iphone for restore, stays there for 4 mins,and i get error 1604. can someone give me their aim, or yahoo so i can chat for help plz? what do i do now?
    Sure, my yahoo Id is yeow202 on messenger.

@ lairtonlelis help plzzzz I have win7 32 bit, i downloaded ipsw, renamed to .zip, extracted to folder with winrar. Then i did the editing, then added the folder i extracted it all into to archive, via winrar. then i got got the rar file, and then renamed to .ipsw. But when i try to restore to it, it says not compatible? help plz. Can I have your yahoo or aim for assistance?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lairtonlelis For This Useful Post:

ppjmike (2010-05-20)

This method saved my 3GS. I was running on blackra1n but the recent update in cydia killed my 3Gs and put in a boot loop. I didn,t edit the fw files but I pull the USB when iTunes says updating fw. Got error 9 and got out of the recovery with irebb. Activated with AT&T and jb with spirit. Now I am on 3GS with 3.1.3 bb 05.11.07

Just wanted to tell, this worked for me sexily, somethings which I would like to tell to someo1 who tries to do this.

1. Use Windows XP or Vista, please dont use 7 and 64bit is big NO NO
    2. Use Blacksnow RC2 by msft guy, rc1 of hotz hangs the iphone and you have to restore it again.
    3. Make sure you do the files correctly (recheck) ..I did the way lairtonlelis (2nd post) did ..

You use this method only when your 3.1.2 is screwed and you haven't upgraded to 3.1.3 through normal restore way.

Dev Team ROCKS !

Cheers

got an error: firmware not compatible. I am using Mac with 10.6.3 and itunes 9.1.1

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ibook300bb View Post
    got an error: firmware not compatible. I am using Mac with 10.6.3 and itunes 9.1.1
    If it is not compatible, means you did not do it correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    If it is not compatible, means you did not do it correctly.
    Can someone please pm me with a link to download the custom firmware? i know it was not what i did wrong..this error message happend even if i just extract the original firmware from apple and rezip it back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12