Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: is 3.1.3 stock downgradable with shsh backed up on cydia?

Default is 3.1.3 stock downgradable with shsh backed up on cydia?
    Hello

I had 3.1.2 shsh backed up on cydia on my 3gs. I made the mistake of upgrading to 3.1.3 official (i assume bootloader was upgraded to latest)

And Im triying to downgrade to 3.1.2 is this possible?

I keep getting error 1600 and phone disconects when "preparing iphone for restore"

i have tried pretty much every solution to the 1600 error and it is not working.

Thank you!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SHSHbackedupdude View Post
    Hello

I had 3.1.2 shsh backed up on cydia on my 3gs. I made the mistake of upgrading to 3.1.3 official (i assume bootloader was upgraded to latest)

And Im triying to downgrade to 3.1.2 is this possible?

I keep getting error 1600 and phone disconects when "preparing iphone for restore"

i have tried pretty much every solution to the 1600 error and it is not working.

Thank you!
    Why do you want to downgrade to 3.1.2 , just restore to 3.1.3 and use Spirit jailbreak if you are on the official carrier to activate.

If you are not with Official carrier or don't have the sim to activate your Iphone then you have to downgrade to 3.1.2, by pointing your hosts file to Saurik Server by adding this line to your hosts file :

74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com and save it.

You will encounter error 1015, that is normal. Download quickpwn22 to get out of Recovery mode. Then jailbreak with Blackra1n again. You cannot Unlock your Iphone at this moment.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

SHSHbackedupdude (2010-05-08)

yeow202 Thank you for your prompt answer

I need 3.1.2 because im on tmobile.

I have added the apple entry on my hosts file. and when I try to restore with the official 3.1.2 it gives me this error "the iphone "iphonename" was not restored because the firmware file was corrupt"

I have downloaded 4 firmware files from different sites and they all give me the same error. I also tried a different computer. they are both running itunes 9.1.1.11

when I try to restore to a custom activated 3.1.2 ipsw it gives me a 1600 error.

also the phone is constantly in dfu mode unless i reset it then it goes into recovery mode and desplays the itunes logo with usb cable.
    I have not encountered error 1015 since the firmware does not get loaded.

I used quickpwn22 and the phone powered up properly it displays the "please insert sim card to activate"
    thoughts?

Update:

Im using a torrent version of the 3.1.2 and when attempting to restore i get error "The iphone "iphone name" cannot be restored at this time because the iphone software update server could not be contacted or is temporarily unavailable
    Please try again later"

I guess saurik's servers are overloaded?

when I ping gs.apple.com it sends fine! so it can't be saurik's servers

I just found out the baseband is in fact 05.12.01
    Last edited by SHSHbackedupdude; 2010-05-09 at 12:41 AM.

Thanks

yeow202 Thank you for your prompt answer

I need 3.1.2 because im on tmobile.

I have added the apple entry on my hosts file. and when I try to restore with the official 3.1.2 it gives me this error "the iphone "iphonename" was not restored because the firmware file was corrupt"

I have downloaded 4 firmware files from different sites and they all give me the same error. I also tried a different computer. they are both running itunes 9.1.1.11

when I try to restore to a custom activated 3.1.2 ipsw it gives me a 1600 error.

also the phone is constantly in dfu mode unless i reset it then it goes into recovery mode and desplays the itunes logo with usb cable.
    I have not encountered error 1015 since the firmware does not get loaded.

I used quickpwn22 and the phone powered up properly it displays the "please insert sim card to activate"
    thoughts?

Update:

Im using a torrent version of the 3.1.2 and when attempting to restore i get error "The iphone "iphone name" cannot be restored at this time because the iphone software update server could not be contacted or is temporarily unavailable
    Please try again later"

I guess saurik's servers are overloaded?

when I ping gs.apple.com it sends fine! so it can't be saurik's servers
    When it says please insert a sim card to activate at 3.1.2, that means you are fully restored. Run Blackra1n to hactivate it .

Just read that your Baseband is updated, so no more unlock only jaiblreak for you, sorry

what you described here is not clear, my understanding is your are at stock 3.1.3, and at emergency screen, you need to activate the iphone first to use Spirit jailbreak. That is all you can do now since you can already updated to 3.1.3
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-05-09 at 12:57 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

SHSHbackedupdude (2010-05-09)

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    When it says please insert a sim card to activate at 3.1.2, that means you are fully restored. Run Blackra1n to hactivate it .

Just read that your Baseband is updated, so no more unlock only jaiblreak for you, sorry

what you described here is not clear, my understanding is your are at stock 3.1.3, and at emergency screen, you need to activate the iphone first to use Spirit jailbreak. That is all you can do now since you can already updated to 3.1.3
    Yes that is correct Im stuck at 3.1.3 official at the activation screen.

so there is no way to downgrade baseband?
    Last edited by SHSHbackedupdude; 2010-05-09 at 01:19 AM.

Thanks

Yes that is correct Im stuck at 3.1.3 official at the activation screen.

so there is no way to downgrade baseband?
    Sorry, your Baseband is updated, there is no way to downgrade. If you have the official sim card, go ahead and activate and jailbreak with Spirit jailbreak. You will only be able to use your Iphone as Ipod Touch now until a new Unlock comes out , hopefully pretty soon.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

SHSHbackedupdude (2010-05-09)

Ok thanks! I was able to activate..at least it's an itouch now...

Thanks

Ok thanks! I was able to activate..at least it's an itouch now...
    Nice, excellent, an Ipod Touch is better than nothing.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

SHSHbackedupdude (2010-05-13)

please try again

is any body help to download cydia on my i phone...thanks
    Last edited by aryanmoria; 2010-05-09 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

14. The Following User Says Thank You to aryanmoria For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aryanmoria View Post
    please try again

is any body help to download cydia on my i phone...thanks
    What is your current situation ?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

I just read Preventing baseband update as a last-ditch effort [iPhone Dev Team]

they are basically saying I should be able to get back to 3.1.2 if my hashes where backed up by cydia.

my hashes are backed up by cydia why is this not working for me?

I see it says on cydia that their servers where overloaded due to the spirit release.

could it be that the reason why i was getting "The iphone "iphone name" cannot be restored at this time because the iphone software update server could not be contacted or is temporarily unavailable
    Please try again later"

is that the cydia servers where simply overloaded?

i did try pinging cydia and it worked fine
    Baseband 05.12.01
    bootloader 6.4
    Model: MC135

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I just read Preventing baseband update as a last-ditch effort [iPhone Dev Team]

they are basically saying I should be able to get back to 3.1.2 if my hashes where backed up by cydia.

my hashes are backed up by cydia why is this not working for me?

I see it says on cydia that their servers where overloaded due to the spirit release.

could it be that the reason why i was getting "The iphone "iphone name" cannot be restored at this time because the iphone software update server could not be contacted or is temporarily unavailable
    Please try again later"

is that the cydia servers where simply overloaded?

i did try pinging cydia and it worked fine
    Why do you want to downgrade? Just jailbreak with Spirit.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

Oh I was hoping to unlock..but as someone said once i load 3.1.3 my baseband is upgraded and I can't downgrade from that.
    Baseband 05.12.01
    bootloader 6.4
    Model: MC135

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Oh I was hoping to unlock..but as someone said once i load 3.1.3 my baseband is upgraded and I can't downgrade from that.
    Yeah, unfortunately no unlock for 3.1.3 and no downgrade of baseband either. If you can hold out for that long, a new unlock 'should' be released shortly after the new iphone comes out, which might be as early as late next month.