Results 1 to 10 of 10

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Please help a noob

  1. #1
    Default Please help a noob
    Hi all, I'm new to all this jailbreak thing and I'm also new to this forum so I kindly ask for your help and your patience in resolving my problem.

    Firstly, I have an iPhone 3GS with 3.0.1 and I'm running iTunes 9.1.1.11 on Windows 7. I had jailbroken my iPhone some time in August 2009 using redsnow or something like that (it was a long time ago so I can't remember exactly the steps which I had followed).

    Everything was working fine all these months, and I was always very careful not to update the firmware (if it ain't broke, don't touch it, right?)

    Very often I turn 3G on and off to access the internet if i'm out of wifi range. I tired to do this again today but when I turned 3G on i got a NO SIGNAL message on the top left of the phone where the signal strength is shown. This was no big deal as it's happened before on several occasions. Previously I would either turn 3G off and on again, or just restart the phone and the problem would resolve by itself.

    Today, after trying to restart my phone, I got the Apple symbol and the phone just turned off immediately. My battery was close to 80% so I know that's not the issue.

    I tried to restore my phone using a downloaded iPhone2,1_3.0.1_7A400_Restore.ipsw file but I got the following error: the iphone could not be restored. this device is not eligible for the requested build"

    So then I followed these instructions Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik) but after restoring and seeing the message "Verifying iPhone restore with Apple" I get the same message.

    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me solve this issue. I've given every detail possible to help you help me troubleshoot. I use this phone as a business phone as well so it's imperative that I get it working again ASAP.

    Thank you all in advance.

  2. #2
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ageorgakis View Post
    Hi all, I'm new to all this jailbreak thing and I'm also new to this forum so I kindly ask for your help and your patience in resolving my problem.

    Firstly, I have an iPhone 3GS with 3.0.1 and I'm running iTunes 9.1.1.11 on Windows 7. I had jailbroken my iPhone some time in August 2009 using redsnow or something like that (it was a long time ago so I can't remember exactly the steps which I had followed).

    Everything was working fine all these months, and I was always very careful not to update the firmware (if it ain't broke, don't touch it, right?)

    Very often I turn 3G on and off to access the internet if i'm out of wifi range. I tired to do this again today but when I turned 3G on i got a NO SIGNAL message on the top left of the phone where the signal strength is shown. This was no big deal as it's happened before on several occasions. Previously I would either turn 3G off and on again, or just restart the phone and the problem would resolve by itself.

    Today, after trying to restart my phone, I got the Apple symbol and the phone just turned off immediately. My battery was close to 80% so I know that's not the issue.

    I tried to restore my phone using a downloaded iPhone2,1_3.0.1_7A400_Restore.ipsw file but I got the following error: the iphone could not be restored. this device is not eligible for the requested build"

    So then I followed these instructions Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik) but after restoring and seeing the message "Verifying iPhone restore with Apple" I get the same message.

    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me solve this issue. I've given every detail possible to help you help me troubleshoot. I use this phone as a business phone as well so it's imperative that I get it working again ASAP.

    Thank you all in advance.
    Like I have mentioned in many posts before : Easiest way for you to do is build a custom firmware either by SnowBreeze or Pwnage Tools of 3.1.3 and do a Shift + Restore ( Itunes ) to the one you created on the Desktop. You will not lose your unlock and will have a jaibroken , unlock at 3.1.3.

    Don't bother about the Caching Saurik Server, you don't need it.

    If I helped you, please Thank me...I don't see much Thank you these days..Lol
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-05-08 at 10:53 PM.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    Like I have mentioned in many posts before : Easiest way for you to do is build a custom firmware either by SnowBreeze or Pwnage Tools of 3.1.3 and do a Shift + Restore ( Itunes ) to the one you created on the Desktop. You will not lose your unlock and will have a jaibroken , unlock at 3.1.3.

    Don't bother about the Caching Saurik Server, you don't need it.

    If I helped you, please Thank me...I don't see much Thank you these days..Lol
    Hi Yeow! Thanks for your quick reply! I did what you said, downloaded sn0wbreeze - V1.5.2 and downloaded iPhone2,1_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw, which was then converted to sn0wbreeze_iPhone 3GS.ipsw. After restoring I got an error message saying that the iphone could not be restored (error 1600). Any idea what I need to do next?

  4. #4
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ageorgakis View Post
    Hi Yeow! Thanks for your quick reply! I did what you said, downloaded sn0wbreeze - V1.5.2 and downloaded iPhone2,1_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw, which was then converted to sn0wbreeze_iPhone 3GS.ipsw. After restoring I got an error message saying that the iphone could not be restored (error 1600). Any idea what I need to do next?
    Did you put it in Recovery mode ? Do it again one more time and see if the process goes through.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    Did you put it in Recovery mode ? Do it again one more time and see if the process goes through.
    yes yes, I tired that before you mentioned it and it worked.
    Problem now is that I can't connect to my network! :-S any idea why? This phone was bought in the USA under AT&T but it's being used on a European network.

  6. #6
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ageorgakis View Post
    yes yes, I tired that before you mentioned it and it worked.
    Problem now is that I can't connect to my network! :-S any idea why? This phone was bought in the USA under AT&T but it's being used on a European network.
    Install Ultrasn0w now from Cydia, I think your baseband is at 04.26.08 and you will have service again...Cheers

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

    ageorgakis (2010-05-09)

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    Install Ultrasn0w now from Cydia, I think your baseband is at 04.26.08 and you will have service again...Cheers
    YOU, Mr. Yeow... ARE MY HERO!!! Thank you very very much! Your help is greatly appreciated!!!

  9. #8
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ageorgakis View Post
    YOU, Mr. Yeow... ARE MY HERO!!! Thank you very very much! Your help is greatly appreciated!!!
    You are welcome, i am just like you, Iphone User and trying to help out you guys. Have a Great Day...

  10. #9
    Default unlock iphone 3.1.3 05.12.01
    hi i just jailbreak the phone with spirit. i have my phone on 3.1.3 05.12.01, i installed in cydia the ultrasn0w program.. but now i have no service.. help me please.. how can i unlock the phone.. thanks

  11. #10
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by andyescobar View Post
    hi i just jailbreak the phone with spirit. i have my phone on 3.1.3 05.12.01, i installed in cydia the ultrasn0w program.. but now i have no service.. help me please.. how can i unlock the phone.. thanks
    Sorry, you are not able to Unlock at this moment

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •