Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please help my 3GS get back to 3.0! Accidentally did erase setting and contents

Default Please help my 3GS get back to 3.0! Accidentally did erase setting and contents
    Omg i do not know what to do.

I was about to sell my phone 3gs already unlock/jailbreak on version 3.0. I figure I should erase content and settings to erase all the contacts and stuffs from the phone. i went ahead and do that. Apparently, from what I read, it erased everything even the os WTH. Now it is stuck on the connect to itune on the phone. Are there any ways I can get it back to 3.0? I dont need it to be the new version.

Please help me

Ok, from what I read so far, it might be possible to restore my 3gs phone to a custom firmware since it is still in the old bootrom. However, I cannot find a guide on how to do this. Can someone help me please?

Ok, more info. I went into DFU mode and it said my iphone is on bootrom 359.3.
    Last edited by pdinh001; 2010-05-08 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pdinh001 View Post
    Omg i do not know what to do.

I was about to sell my phone 3gs already unlock/jailbreak on version 3.0. I figure I should erase content and settings to erase all the contacts and stuffs from the phone. i went ahead and do that. Apparently, from what I read, it erased everything even the os WTH. Now it is stuck on the connect to itune on the phone. Are there any ways I can get it back to 3.0? I dont need it to be the new version.

Please help me

Ok, from what I read so far, it might be possible to restore my 3gs phone to a custom firmware since it is still in the old bootrom. However, I cannot find a guide on how to do this. Can someone help me please?

Ok, more info. I went into DFU mode and it said my iphone is on bootrom 359.3.
    Good, you have the old bootrom, if you are using PC use SnowBreeze 1.5.2 or for Mac pwnage tools 3.1.5 and create 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 and do a restore to the cfw. You are all set..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

pdinh001 (2010-07-17)

Ok, I made a custom firmware 3.1.2 with pwnagetool and tried the restore with iTune. However, after the restore process, the phone restarted and went back to recovery mode (the screen with steve job from pwnagetool) and it ask me to restore again.. What did I do wrong?

OMG yes I finally got it, apparently I had to restore TWO time... Thanks alot! Now onto unlocking it, hopefully everything is smooth.
    Last edited by pdinh001; 2010-05-08 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pdinh001 View Post
    Ok, I made a custom firmware 3.1.2 with pwnagetool and tried the restore with iTune. However, after the restore process, the phone restarted and went back to recovery mode (the screen with steve job from pwnagetool) and it ask me to restore again.. What did I do wrong?

OMG yes I finally got it, apparently I had to restore TWO time... Thanks alot! Now onto unlocking it, hopefully everything is smooth.
    nice... what could be better than having a working, jailbroken, unlocked Iphone on a Saturday Afternoon..
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-05-08 at 11:15 PM.