Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Had to RESTORE help!

Default Had to RESTORE help!
    I did a reboot using SBSsettings. I was on 3.1.2 with 3GS jailbroken using blackrain.

My phone will not do ANYTHING unless I choose to restore with iTunes. But it will update the firmware to 3.1.3

Because it is a restore/update will I be able to jailbreak using Snowbreeze?

Or could I downgrade and then jaibreak using blackrain like I did the first time!

Please help. I love my jailbroken phone without it being jailbroken it is nothing!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ishghosh View Post
    I did a reboot using SBSsettings. I was on 3.1.2 with 3GS jailbroken using blackrain.

My phone will not do ANYTHING unless I choose to restore with iTunes. But it will update the firmware to 3.1.3

Because it is a restore/update will I be able to jailbreak using Snowbreeze?

Or could I downgrade and then jaibreak using blackrain like I did the first time!

Please help. I love my jailbroken phone without it being jailbroken it is nothing!
    Do you have to run Blackra1n to boot up after powering down. If you don't have to, then put your Iphone in Recovery Mode and restore to a Custom Firmware created either by SnowBreeze or Pwnage tools.

If you Iphone is tethered, then you can't use CFW, you have to restore to either 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 ( which you will lose your unlock). You can only restore to 3.1.2 with shsh on file with Cydia.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-05-08 at 09:30 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone SirZyrion's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm having the same problem.

3Gs on 3.1.2 with 5.11.07 baseband unlocked for T-Mobile.

I swear I backed up my info on Saurik's server, but I can't seem to get it to "sign" my 3.1.2 restore.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SirZyrion View Post
    I'm having the same problem.

3Gs on 3.1.2 with 5.11.07 baseband unlocked for T-Mobile.

I swear I backed up my info on Saurik's server, but I can't seem to get it to "sign" my 3.1.2 restore.
    usbview and fw umbrella will confirm if you can do a restore to 3.1.2. If your Iphone is oldbootrom, then it a different scenario.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

SirZyrion (2010-05-10)

Thanks

Even if it's already in DFU Mode? The Firmware Umbrella won't read it. It says "No device connected..." even though I'm on the "Connect to iTunes" screen.

Any thoughts on this:

Download Custom Firmware 3.1.3 IPSW – Jailbreak, Activate, Unlock iPhone 2G, 3G, 3GS [Mac + Windows]
    http://www.ilikemyiphone.com/2010/02...s-mac-windows/

It's supposed to be a writeup and links to a custom 3.1.3 ipsw with the 5.11.07 baseband. I'm trying it now since I've already pretty much written off my iPhone until 4.0 g unlocked.
    Last edited by SirZyrion; 2010-05-09 at 03:53 PM.

Thanks

Even if it's already in DFU Mode? The Firmware Umbrella won't read it. It says "No device connected..." even though I'm on the "Connect to iTunes" screen.

Any thoughts on this:

Download Custom Firmware 3.1.3 IPSW Jailbreak, Activate, Unlock iPhone 2G, 3G, 3GS [Mac + Windows]
    Download Custom Firmware 3.1.3 IPSW – Jailbreak, Activate, Unlock iPhone 2G, 3G, 3GS [Mac + Windows] | iLikeMyiPhone

It's supposed to be a writeup and links to a custom 3.1.3 ipsw with the 5.11.07 baseband. I'm trying it now since I've already pretty much written off my iPhone until 4.0 g unlocked.
    What is the problem with your Iphone ?

Thanks

My iPhone was stuck in the reboot loop. The last thing I did was run updates in Rock. It restarted, I picked it up to unlock it, and it rebooted again. It's been doing nothing but rebooting ever since. I tried to restore it from my backup of 3.1.2, but Apple isn't "signing" 3.1.2 anymore, and I either couldn't redirect it to Saurik's server or my backup isn't saved there because that didn't work either.

Thanks

My iPhone was stuck in the reboot loop. The last thing I did was run updates in Rock. It restarted, I picked it up to unlock it, and it rebooted again. It's been doing nothing but rebooting ever since. I tried to restore it from my backup of 3.1.2, but Apple isn't "signing" 3.1.2 anymore, and I either couldn't redirect it to Saurik's server or my backup isn't saved there because that didn't work either.
    Is your Iphone tethered or Untethered. Do you have yahoo messenger ?
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-05-09 at 06:31 PM.

Thanks

There's a thread around her I saw yesterday about a girl who's boyfriend got her an iPhone, and she got to this point with both of their jailbreaks. I'm going to see if I can find it.
    Last edited by SirZyrion; 2010-05-09 at 06:12 PM. Reason: More info...

Thanks

There's a thread around her I saw yesterday about a girl who's boyfriend got her an iPhone, and she got to this point with both of their jailbreaks. I'm going to see if I can find it.
    You haven't answered my question, if yours is untethered, there is an easy way around.

Thanks

I posted 2 replies and a screenshot.Weird. It all disappeared. Mods?

I think it's untethered, but I'm not sure of the difference. I used blackra1n to jailbreak it ad ultrasn0w to unlock it originally if that helps.

Thanks

I posted 2 replies and a screenshot.Weird. It all disappeared. Mods?

I think it's untethered, but I'm not sure of the difference. I used blackra1n to jailbreak it ad ultrasn0w to unlock it originally if that helps.

Nevermind, you are not interested in learning..

Ok, I just don't want you to screw up while you are still able to get back. I am going to put long story short.

For your case, just restore to CFW and unlocked with Blackn0w, then you are all set and remember to thank me if it works for you
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-05-09 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post

Ok, I just don't want you to screw up while you are still able to get back. I am going to put long story short.

For your case, just restore to CFW and unlocked with Blackn0w, then you are all set and remember to thank me if it works for you
    sorry to interrupt the thread but I am curious what the answer is if the phone is tethered! my 3gs 3.1.2 was working fine until blackra1n failed it restart it when it ran out of battery. it's stuck in recovery mode and I do not have the SHSH file. I really need it to be unlocked, it doesnt matter if I have to redo it but can not upgrade to 3.1.3 if there is no unlock for it. any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by farfari View Post
    sorry to interrupt the thread but I am curious what the answer is if the phone is tethered! my 3gs 3.1.2 was working fine until blackra1n failed it restart it when it ran out of battery. it's stuck in recovery mode and I do not have the SHSH file. I really need it to be unlocked, it doesnt matter if I have to redo it but can not upgrade to 3.1.3 if there is no unlock for it. any help will be appreciated.
    Ok, since yours iphone is tethered, you cannot use custom firmware. Can you use quickpwn to get out of recovery ?

I am here now, I can guide you. Do you have the official sim card or can you borrow from someone
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-05-10 at 02:38 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post

Sorry about earlier. I was trying to coordinate 4 Mother's Day appearances and get my SIM car PUK Unlocked by T-Mobile while I was trying to fix this. It's been a long day. Ii typed up a long post explaining what I was doing and seeing, but it disappeared, so I put up a quick screenshot of where I was.

So here's where I stand right now:
    CFW created by Sn0wBreeze has been created and installed. I'm not using 3.1.3 with baseband 5.11.07 on my 3Gs. I can see everything, WiFi works, and Cydia is still installed. I even still have blank spaces I added with iBlank! When I put in my T-Mobile SIM card, the phone says "No Service" (I somehow locked the SIM card, so i'm working with T-Mo customer service on that part). When I put in the official AT&T card in, it says "Searching..." (there's no service on that line). When I use my girlfriend's T-Mo SIM card (works in her 2G), it says "No SIM".

Now what?

Thanks

Have you installed Blacksn0w yet from cydia? You should be able to get service with T-mobile

Thanks

Installed blacksn0w and got stuck on the Apple boot screen. Restored to the custom FW again. More research led me to this:

blacksn0w crashes 3.1.2 firmware 05.11.07 baseband 3GS, no shsh on file (Solution) extechblog

linked from another thread here:

http://modmyi.com/forums/unlocking-a...s-3-1-2-a.html

I'm working on it now to see if it finally works.

Oh, and I "thanked" you here for sticking with me and being patient. It's not fixed yet, but you're still trying. Thanks!

Thanks

When restoring again to cfw 3.1.3 again if you get an error, you might end up in recovery loop ( use quickpwn22 to get you out of loop), remember just follow the message on pc screen to boot up and once booted, just close the quickpwn app. It should work with Blacsn0w RC2 from Cydia to unlock.

You can even restored to a CFW 3.1.2 made from Pwnage Tools,(unfortunately SnowBreeze only create cfw 3.1.3) that will get you to jailbroken 3.1.2 if you feel you are more comfortable with it.

I am going to bed now..
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-05-10 at 10:49 AM.

Thanks

Thanks! Every time I try to install Blacksn0w from Cydia, my phone freezes about 90% through the install.

I'm now getting Error 1600, 1601, or 2 when I restore using CFWs.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to SirZyrion For This Useful Post:

iYeow (2010-05-10)

Thanks

Thanks! Every time I try to install Blacksn0w from Cydia, my phone freezes about 90% through the install.

I'm now getting Error 1600, 1601, or 2 when I restore using CFWs.
    Ok, now I want you to create a Custom FW 3.1.2 creaated by Pwnage tools 3.1.5. and restore to cfw 3.1.2 so that you can use Blacksn0w to unlock

Put your frozen Iphone into Recovery Mode:

Turn off your Iphone or by Hard reset ( Holding Power and Home button together until it shuts off).

While holding the Home Button, plug into the USB cable with Iphone connected in the pc, wait until the Itunes logo cable comes out.

Then restore to the cfw 3.1.2. if the process goes through until the end , and if it gives you errors like 2,4, or any other errors that means you are just in a recovery loop ( you are already jaibroken and restored to 3.1.2 at this point)

To get out of this loop , you have to use quickpwn22 (Not for jailbreaking ) or Ireb( Ireb requires libusb to be installed first in xp2 compatibility mode ) to get you out of this loop.

If you get an error right away : when you do a shift and restore > then that isn't a recovery loop > do it again.

Once you are out of loop, your Iphone will boot up again and be jailbroken at 3.1.2. and then you can unlock with Blacksn0w with baseband 05.11..

Note :
    Just read your link about the Baseband being corrupted. it is possibe that your baseband is corrupted, so can you use the mobile terminal or the Iphone Browser method to transfer the Baseband files.

OR you have to restore to a stock 3.1.2 in order to flash your Baseband again but you need 3.1.2 shsh file with Cydia.

Edit : Assuming your Baseband is not corrupted, When you are at CFW 3.1.3, you have to use Blacksn0w RC2 to unlock the Baseband of .5.11.07 , add this source to Cydia > cydia.pushfix.info
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-05-10 at 09:49 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast