Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Had to RESTORE help!

iPhone? More like MyPhone SirZyrion's Avatar
    Thanks

CFW 3.1.2 gives me the digital signature error, even after pointing to Saurik's server (#74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com in the "hosts" file):

"The iPhone 'iPhone' could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build."

I tried this step again with a 3.1.3 05.11.07 CFW I found, and it got me out of the boot loop, back on 3.1.3/05.11.07 with Cydia installed, so at least I'm back to Square 2 (Square 1 was the boot loop) LOL.

I'm installing MobileTerminal, OpenSSH, and Steffwiz All Sources now.

This is strange. Every jailbreak/unlock has been really quick and really simple except this one. I fee like I'm missing some very minor detail that's breaking the process somehow even though I'm following instructions to the letter. I just know it's gonna be something real simple and stupid in the end, so I'm already laughing at myself.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SirZyrion View Post
    CFW 3.1.2 gives me the digital signature error, even after pointing to Saurik's server (#74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com in the "hosts" file):

"The iPhone 'iPhone' could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build."

I tried this step again with a 3.1.3 05.11.07 CFW I found, and it got me out of the boot loop, back on 3.1.3/05.11.07 with Cydia installed, so at least I'm back to Square 2 (Square 1 was the boot loop) LOL.

This is strange. Every jailbreak/unlock has been really quick and really simple except this one. I fee like I'm missing some very minor detail that's breaking the process somehow even though I'm following instructions to the letter. I just know it's gonna be something real simple and stupid in the end, so I'm already laughing at myself.
    Ok, now you are at CFw 3.1.3, with baseband 05.11.07, now unlock with Blacksn0w RC2 , add this source to Cydia. > cydia.pushfix.info. .. and see if it unlocks..

If it freeezes again, you can restore again with CFW but make sure you put your Iphone Into Recovery Mode first. Then you have to go the Flashing of baseband with mobile terminal.

To be able to use openshsh, from your mobile terminal : do this > ssh root@......... ( where .... is your IP address. Wait for the key to generate... then type yes enter > type alpine enter.

Do you have any Iphone Browser : I used Iphone PC suite to look into my files

I don't use original Blacksn0w from Geohot to unlock, it does corrupt the files after awhile. I use Ultrasn0w on my 3.1.3 and do not have any problem. Obviously , you cannot use Ultrasn0w because you have passed the Ultrasn0w Baseband.

Back in the days when you were at 3.0, and jailbreak with Redsn0w 0.8, and then onwards using custom firmware, you would still be on the 04.26.08 baseband and able to unlock with Ultrasn0w
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-05-10 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    Ok, now you are at CFw 3.1.3, with baseband 05.11.07, now unlock with Blacksn0w RC2 , add this source to Cydia. > cydia.pushfix.info. .. and see if it unlocks...I don't use original Blacksn0w from Geohot to unlock, it does corrupt the files after awhile.
    I think this was the problem. I got BlackSn0w from the Blackra1n.com repo the first time. Working on it now, but Cydia keeps freezing up around 80% whenever I try to install a source. I've never seen that before...

...To be able to use openshsh, from your mobile terminal : do this > ssh root@......... ( where .... is your IP address. Wait for the key to generate... then type yes enter > type alpine enter.

Do you have any Iphone Browser : I used Iphone PC suite to look into my files.
    I use WinSCP for Wifi and iPhone Folders for USB.

I use Ultrasn0w on my 3.1.3 and do not have any problem. Obviously , you cannot use Ultrasn0w because you have passed the Ultrasn0w Baseband.

Back in the days when you were at 3.0, and jailbreak with Redsn0w 0.8, and then onwards using custom firmware, you would still be on the 04.26.08 baseband and able to unlock with Ultrasn0w
    Yeah unfortunately the guy I got this 3Gs from in October 2009 had already upgraded to 3.1.2. Luckily, he used a CFW and was able to keep the baseband at 05.11.07.

Thanks

I think this was the problem. I got BlackSn0w from the Blackra1n.com repo the first time. Working on it now, but Cydia keeps freezing up around 80% whenever I try to install a source. I've never seen that before...

I use WinSCP for Wifi and iPhone Folders for USB.

Yeah unfortunately the guy I got this 3Gs from in October 2009 had already upgraded to 3.1.2. Luckily, he used a CFW and was able to keep the baseband at 05.11.07.
    I don't think he uses CFW, he just restored to 3.1.2 and use Blackra1n and then Blacksn0w, that is why your baseband is 05.11.07. So have you installed the edit version of Blacksn0w RC2 yet ? to unlock

You shouldn't use install all sources from Stelwiz too many to load and it freezes, just add this source I said above > cydia.pushfix.info and install Blacksn0w RC2. If it doesn't work , you have to do the method of adding the 3 files from the link you gave me and then execute those command from the mobile terminal
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-05-10 at 11:10 PM.

Thanks

Ok, I'm not exactly how many times they'll let me click this "Thaks!" button, but I'm gona find out! It's working better than before now!

Blackra1n RC1 was the problem. RC2 installed, and eveythign instatnly started working! I knew it was something simple like that since I followed all other instructions to a T.

At any rate, Thanks a million! This thread probably chronicles every known possible fix for this problem and resourse links. Maybe we should sticky it LMAO

Thanks

Ok, I'm not exactly how many times they'll let me click this "Thaks!" button, but I'm gona find out! It's working better than before now!

Blackra1n RC1 was the problem. RC2 installed, and eveythign instatnly started working! I knew it was something simple like that since I followed all other instructions to a T.

At any rate, Thanks a million! This thread probably chronicles every known possible fix for this problem and resourse links. Maybe we should sticky it LMAO
    Great, I am glad it is working for you now, enjoy.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12