Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone with 3.1.2 blackra1n in recovery mode from Spirit Jailbreak

This: Preventing baseband update as a last-ditch effort [iPhone Dev Team] + Blacksn0w RC2 worked great, now my iPhone is up and running again!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theqing View Post
    This: Preventing baseband update as a last-ditch effort [iPhone Dev Team] + Blacksn0w RC2 worked great, now my iPhone is up and running again!
    Great tool, nice work.. enjoy.

Is it possible to restore the iphone in "Spirit over Blackra1n stuck in Recovery mode problem" without losing any of the data on the iphone?

I have some very important pictures/data and would like to recover them if it's possible.

any help is appreciated guys!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by canyon View Post
    Is it possible to restore the iphone in "Spirit over Blackra1n stuck in Recovery mode problem" without losing any of the data on the iphone?

I have some very important pictures/data and would like to recover them if it's possible.

any help is appreciated guys!
    It seems that you are more interested in saving your data than saving an usable Iphone. What is the point of trying to save your data if your Iphone is not working...LMAO

Hi, i got d same problem but in a different way,
    seriously this is tricky,
    i have iphone 3gs 3.1.2 with BB 5.11.07, i used blackra1n to jailbreak it, during the process it shows me jailbreak is done, but i haven't got blacksnow application on my iphone screen,
    so i thought it dint work, so i used spirit and the worst thing happened, my iphone goes into recovery mode.
    so the question is what goes wrong, because blacksnow was not installed on my iphone so i used spirit.
    PLEASE HELP...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nelly27281 View Post
    Hi, i got d same problem but in a different way,
    seriously this is tricky,
    i have iphone 3gs 3.1.2 with BB 5.11.07, i used blackra1n to jailbreak it, during the process it shows me jailbreak is done, but i haven't got blacksnow application on my iphone screen,
    so i thought it dint work, so i used spirit and the worst thing happened, my iphone goes into recovery mode.
    so the question is what goes wrong, because blacksnow was not installed on my iphone so i used spirit.
    PLEASE HELP...
    You are very confused indeed. Blacksn0w is an unlock tool. Spirit is a jailbreak tool and so is Blackra1n. You have just applied two jailbreak tools on a restored Iphone which will screw it up. Now your only option is to do a clean restore to 3.1.2 if you have shsh file with Saurik Server, if not there is another method of moving forward to 3.1.3 and still unlock your BB of 05.11.07

i have the same issue, i ran spirit JB over blackra1n.... i am stuck too. the only problem i am having now is that i dont have an official sim cuz i am in Pakistan....

really need help guys...

one more thing, if i arrange a sim of at&t, it wont have coverage at my place, will it still work?? i mean will i be able to unlock??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zq_sting View Post
    i have the same issue, i ran spirit JB over blackra1n.... i am stuck too. the only problem i am having now is that i dont have an official sim cuz i am in Pakistan....

really need help guys...

one more thing, if i arrange a sim of at&t, it wont have coverage at my place, will it still work?? i mean will i be able to unlock??
    The card must be been activated but not necessarily have service in your area

i know this is like a 3 month old thread...but needs must. basically i had a 3.1.2 iphone 3gs jailbroken with blackra1n and unlocked with blacksn0w.

This was a tethered jailbreak so if i turned off the phone it would show me the recovery logo and i would have to use blackra1n again to start it up. This became a bit tedious, so i found out there was a new jailbreak called spirit, but stupidly without reading ahead i used spirit over blackra1n.

I am now stuck in recovery mode loop and have tried: last ditch, irecovery, dfu mode restore with shsh from cydia, and a couple of other things from the internet but still stuck at recovery screen. I thought i had cydia shsh on file but i have found out through umbrella that i dont. is there anything i can do to get the phone back up and running without updating to 4.0, or a way to downgrade once updated.

Thanks

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123