Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone with 3.1.2 blackra1n in recovery mode from Spirit Jailbreak

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by martzlimpin View Post
    no, not on bootloop but on recovery mode. i will restore 3.1.3 now, just trying to finish the download. my connection is darn slow. i will give you an update once im done. tnx.
    You have the official sim card to activate right ? If you don't , then you will be stuck at Emergency Calls only.

The good thing about official sim card eventhough there is no service on, it can still boot up into the home screen.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-05-09 at 04:10 AM.

damn im stuck at emergency only. i dont have the official sim.

Thanks

damn im stuck at emergency only. i dont have the official sim.
    I have warned you. Can you borrow one from a friend ?

Atleast you can make an Emergency call to 911 if you need help...LoL

nope. im in philippines.

Thanks

nope. im in philippines.
    where did your Iphone come from ?

honestly i dont know, i just bought it from a cellphone shop here in the philippines.
    im hopeless and real sad.

Post well..........
    i have a question well i have an iphone 3gs 3.1.2 with blackra1in jailbreak installed soo i wanted to install spirit so i could have an untethered jailbreak soo idk how to remover blackra1n but not all the apps soo do i just uninstall blackra1n from my iphone or wat well if anybody knows plzzz reply thanks

i wont go away with blackra1n if i were you. i do think you should be okay with that.

ohh allright then ehh ima just stay with blackra1n then thanks

Hello Guys!.

I was looking for on internet for 3 days a solution for this problem. I have found a new tool but i dont know what kind of results we could have so use under own resposability. This tool is named EasyIRecovery. It's like the iRecovery tool but it is completly automatic.

EasyiRecovery – Kick Your iPhone Out of Recovery Mode Easy

Please if somebody try this tool, write here the results because the are many people in the same situation.

Regards!

Forget about ALL recovery tools, blackra1ned devices with spirit have kernel damage, which can be ONLY repaired by restoring the device.
    Just accept this fact, there is NO FIX an won't be.

If you have a 3gs with new bootrom and no 3.1.2 SHSH blobs, then you have got no other choice than upgrading to 3.1.3 and use with official carrier.

sorry, found a solution, tested myself and worked

iPhone3GS with new boot update to original 3.1.3 keep baseband 05.11.07 100% solutio - GSM-Forum
    Last edited by ckislam; 2010-05-10 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

the abovementioned solution is only for those who are currently stuck at recovery mode or whatever but are still on 3.1.2 (regardless of state). i am eagerly waiting for a solution on jailbreaking 3.1.3 since im stuck at the sim activation part. for this one i think i have to be very patient.

safer upgrade for those who are afraid of pulling the cable: Preventing baseband update as a last-ditch effort [iPhone Dev Team]
    it removes the baseband update from the firmware ipsw

I did exactly the instructions of muscleNerd, and It work!! My phone restored to 3.1.3 with 5.11 baseband. Thnk you for your instructions about modified ipsw. I thought I would have to wait until FW4.
    I was able to jailbreak (both with spirit and blackra1n in different times), but when I try to install blacksnow for unlock, the phone goes to recovery state again (same as when I stupidly did spirit over blackra1n). So, I'm stuck here. With a very thick and expensive ipod touch...

Apreciate some comments.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cojimonoid View Post
    I did exactly the instructions of muscleNerd, and It work!! My phone restored to 3.1.3 with 5.11 baseband. Thnk you for your instructions about modified ipsw. I thought I would have to wait until FW4.
    I was able to jailbreak (both with spirit and blackra1n in different times), but when I try to install blacksnow for unlock, the phone goes to recovery state again (same as when I stupidly did spirit over blackra1n). So, I'm stuck here. With a very thick and expensive ipod touch...

Apreciate some comments.
    go to cydia add this source : cydia.pushfix.info and install blacksn0w RC2 but make sure you uninstall Blacksn0w first.

Edit if you are already stuck > then you have to restore to the edited version of 3.1.3 ipsw again, insert your official sim card to activate > run spirit jb and Blacksn0w RC2, you will be on your way to jailbroken, unlock 3.1.3
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-05-12 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    go to cydia add this source : cydia.pushfix.info and install blacksn0w RC2 but make sure you uninstall Blacksn0w first.

Edit if you are already stuck > then you have to restore to the edited version of 3.1.3 ipsw again, insert your official sim card to activate > run spirit jb and Blacksn0w RC2, you will be on your way to jailbroken, unlock 3.1.3
    I have 3gs iphone with new bootrom. I also did the same mistake of running Spirit on my iphone which was jailbroken by blackra1n. But now have fixed the problem and have upgraded to 3.1.3 and preserved the baseband(05.11.07) using the last ditch effort.
    I jailbreaked with spirit and tried to install blacksnow rc1 as per the wiki my phone got stuck as above. So i repeated the procedure and got the same problem. So if i install blacksnow rc2(from pushfix.info) will i be a able to unlock my phone???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pprajaa View Post
    I have 3gs iphone with new bootrom. I also did the same mistake of running Spirit on my iphone which was jailbroken by blackra1n. But now have fixed the problem and have upgraded to 3.1.3 and preserved the baseband(05.11.07) using the last ditch effort.
    I jailbreaked with spirit and tried to install blacksnow rc1 as per the wiki my phone got stuck as above. So i repeated the procedure and got the same problem. So if i install blacksnow rc2(from pushfix.info) will i be a able to unlock my phone???
    It should, because it is designed to unlock baseband 05.11.07 on a 3.1.3 fw.

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post

I did. It worked smoothly. I could unlock with blacksn0w RC2, so now I'm 3.1.3 with BB 5.11 unlock and jailbreak.
    Thanks everyone for the advice.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cojimonoid View Post
    I did. It worked smoothly. I could unlock with blacksn0w RC2, so now I'm 3.1.3 with BB 5.11 unlock and jailbreak.
    Thanks everyone for the advice.
    I am glad it works out for you.

I've just created a thread in this forum with all the instructions. Hope will help other people with this problem.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast