Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Decisions, decisions...

Default Decisions, decisions...
    From what I understand I cannot use Spirit over Blackra1n. I have the new bootrom AND I don't have my 3.1.2 ECID saved on Saurik's server.

So... I either leave it at 3.1.2 and it's tethered and it can be unlocked by the next buyer (I don't need to have it unlocked myself) and I have a bigger buyer base when I sell it. Or I restore to 3.1.3 and it will be an untethered jailbreak but only people on the same carrier can buy it.
    I am definitely selling it to get an iPhoneHD.

Am I correct that Spirit MUST be used over a clean unjailbroken IPSW? Like I can't pnwage to a custom 3.1.3 that preserves the 05.11.07 baseband, then Spirit?

What would you do?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ancaster View Post
    From what I understand I cannot use Spirit over Blackra1n. I have the new bootrom AND I don't have my 3.1.2 ECID saved on Saurik's server.

So... I either leave it at 3.1.2 and it's tethered and it can be unlocked by the next buyer (I don't need to have it unlocked myself) and I have a bigger buyer base when I sell it. Or I restore to 3.1.3 and it will be an untethered jailbreak but only people on the same carrier can buy it.
    I am definitely selling it to get an iPhoneHD.

Am I correct that Spirit MUST be used over a clean unjailbroken IPSW? Like I can't pnwage to a custom 3.1.3 that preserves the 05.11.07 baseband, then Spirit?

What would you do?
    That is correct, smart decision , if you need unlock, stay with Blackra1n and Blacksn0w. Spirit Jailbreak is new and we don't know what other issues will come out of this jailbreak.