Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help 3gs stuck on emergency calls only after trying to downgrade!!

Default Help 3gs stuck on emergency calls only after trying to downgrade!!
    Hey guys,

I unlocked and jailbroke successfully my friends 3gs with software 3.1.2 and 5.11.07 baseband... The phone work fine then the idiot went home and updated his software to 3.1.3 and the baseband upgrade to 5.12.01... So the phone was working fine but just wasnt unlocked anymore but silly me tried to downgrade it back to 3.1.2 now the phone is stuck on the emergency calls only screen.... I know i will not be able to unlock the phone at this present time but i just want to know how to get it back to working just like a ipod for now....

PS THANKS IN ADVANCE...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ninjadun View Post
    Hey guys,

I unlocked and jailbroke successfully my friends 3gs with software 3.1.2 and 5.11.07 baseband... The phone work fine then the idiot went home and updated his software to 3.1.3 and the baseband upgrade to 5.12.01... So the phone was working fine but just wasnt unlocked anymore but silly me tried to downgrade it back to 3.1.2 now the phone is stuck on the emergency calls only screen.... I know i will not be able to unlock the phone at this present time but i just want to know how to get it back to working just like a ipod for now....

PS THANKS IN ADVANCE...
    What you need to do is to activate it, if you have the official sim card, put it in, it will activate, if not use Blackra1n, Blackra1n will activate and jailbreak for but as you know, your friend now has an expensive Ipod Touch..lol

Lol i know that part i laugh at him for doing that dumbness.... But yeah i tried using blackra1n already to jailbreak it but it just keeps gettin stuck on in recovery mode and then i have to restore it through iTunes to get it back on the emergency calls only screen...

Lol i know that part i laugh at him for doing that dumbness.... No i dont have the official sim doe live in The Bahamas.... But yeah i tried using blackra1n already to jailbreak it but it just keeps gettin stuck on in recovery mode and then i have to restore it through iTunes to get it back on the emergency calls only screen...
    Last edited by ninjadun; 2010-05-05 at 04:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Lol i know that part i laugh at him for doing that dumbness.... But yeah i tried using blackra1n already to jailbreak it but it just keeps gettin stuck on in recovery mode and then i have to restore it through iTunes to get it back on the emergency calls only screen...

Lol i know that part i laugh at him for doing that dumbness.... No i dont have the official sim doe live in The Bahamas.... But yeah i tried using blackra1n already to jailbreak it but it just keeps gettin stuck on in recovery mode and then i have to restore it through iTunes to get it back on the emergency calls only screen...
    So your friend is stuck both ways :

Eventhough you are at 3.1.2 at emergency call and Blackr1n doesn't work.

Eventhough if you restored to 3.1.3, it has to be activated in order to use Spirit Jailbreak.

Hope the experts here like Dhamien or J3st3r3 may help out.. oh what a mess lol

Damn dred... sure it can b done doe just need that help...

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

What is the name of the Iphone carrier in the Bahamas?

Would he need the original sim card to activate or any AT&T card?

Thanks

Hey guys,

PS THANKS IN ADVANCE...
    Tell me how did you restore back to 3.1.2 with getting in a recovery loop. Maybe your Emergency screen is a recovery loop.
    If that is the case, use Quickpwn22 to get out of recovry loop ( remember just to get out of the loop (not for jailbreaking )
    Only then use Blackra1n.. try that

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    Tell me how did you restore back to 3.1.2 with getting in a recovery loop. Maybe your Emergency screen is a recovery loop.
    If that is the case, use Quickpwn22 to get out of recovry loop ( remember just to get out of the loop (not for jailbreaking )
    Only then use Blackra1n.. try that
    I used Itunes and i used shift+restore to restore back to 3.1.2... but the phone gone stuck in recovery mode... so i restore it back to 3.1.3 which got it stuck on emergency calls only... Im going to try using Quickpwn22 and let u know wats happening...

3.1.3 software is on it now but it stuck in on emergency calls only... So the only way to get it back to work as a ipod is to have the original ATT sim? which i dont have is there any other way?
    Last edited by ninjadun; 2010-05-06 at 03:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I used Itunes and i used shift+restore to restore back to 3.1.2... but the phone gone stuck in recovery mode... so i restore it back to 3.1.3 which got it stuck on emergency calls only... Im going to try using Quickpwn22 and let u know wats happening...

3.1.3 software is on it now but it stuck in on emergency calls only... So the only way to get it back to work as a ipod is to have the original ATT sim? which i dont have is there any other way?
    Ah, I know what you mean now, alright , that is easy if you got an error of 1015. I can guide you through if you want..

Yea thats the error i got when i first tried to put 3.1.2 software on it den it got stuck in recovery mode.... so i restored it back to 3.1.3 but now its stuck in recovery emergency calls only and blackra1n isnt working... id appreciated if you did thanks....

Thanks

Yea thats the error i got when i first tried to put 3.1.2 software on it den it got stuck in recovery mode.... so i restored it back to 3.1.3 but now its stuck in recovery emergency calls only and blackra1n isnt working... id appreciated if you did thanks....
    Do you have yahoo or msn messenger? my yahoo id is yeow202. It is easier to guide you on messenger

I am cooking now and having my dinner, I should be free in an hour
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-05-06 at 04:43 AM.

i have msn messenger
    Last edited by ninjadun; 2010-06-21 at 02:45 PM.

Hey guys did you resolve this?

I have the same problem.

I have a 3gs baseband 05.11.07 and upgraded to 3.1.3 and now have emergency calls only screen. I need to jailbreak to get into my phone and then unnlock. Can you help? Spirit doesn't work and nor does snowbreeze.

im having the same problem. I have 4.0 on my 3gs and it's stuck on the emergency calls only screen. Tried blackrain and nothing. Can anyone offer any other suggestions?