Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restoring 3.1.2 3GS w/ SHSH backed up on server/computer

Default Restoring 3.1.2 3GS w/ SHSH backed up on server/computer
    So basically i need to format the phone and i cant think of another way to clear all my information before selling the phone. I have SHSH blobs backed up as far as 3.1.1 and at the moment im running

Modem: 04.26.08

The real question i have is, should i just go ahead and restore to 3.1.2 with saurik's server( even though it says its down...) Or upgrade to a NORMAL 3.1.2 and jailbreak/unlock?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Why not put on a custom firmware? That way you clean it out fully, but you'll preserve the baseband (04.26.08) which is the best version on the 3GS, and it'll be jailbroken, ready for the next owner. You'd really be doing the person a favor and it's actually worth more.

That is what i plan on doing actually. I already made a custom 3.1.2 firmware with pwnagetool. Just wondering if its safe to flash it with saurik's server temperately down?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It's entirely safe.
    1. Saurik's server isn't actually down.
    2. You don't connect to Saurik's server. Custom firmware skip the firmware signing. This is also the reason you can restore to any version you'd like when restoring to a CFW (as long as you're already jailbroken).