Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrading .. a little help please.

Default Downgrading .. a little help please.
    Hello,

Firstly, I'd like to say that this is a nice little place for us Apple users, I'd like to thank the administration for making such a great site. As you know, I'm a new user and new users are generally categorised as "noobs", anyway I need a little help if you guys wouldn't mind helping me. My iPhone 3G upgraded itself to the latest firmware (without my consent) the iTunes software upgraded it.. The iPhone has been stuck in the scroll for emergency mode ever since it's been upgraded. I tried restoring it, but it's the same. I read several articles on downgraded but not one has been successful . I'd like to know how to downgrade my iPhone 3G, if any of you professional peeps know how it's done please do help. I'm not sure which firmware to downgrade -- Which one would be good for unlocking/jail breaking the iPhone? I'd greatly appreciate help and I am sure someone within this community can help.

Many thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Download redsn0w 0.9.4 to jailbreak, you will need 3G fw 3.1.2 to do that.So go ahead and download the 3.1.2 ipsw and use redsn0w to jailbreak.
    You can only jailbreak but no unlock for you.

Thanks for helping out but whenever I try downgrading to 3.1.2 it shows up with an error on itunes. The iPhone was purchased from Canada and the "Genius Bar" @ an apple store suggested that I used a CA sim card. I'm based in the UK and what they said is ridiculous, I can't travel to CA to purchase a sim card. I've looked on eBay but can't find any CA sim cards.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Bird View Post
    Thanks for helping out but whenever I try downgrading to 3.1.2 it shows up with an error on itunes. The iPhone was purchased from Canada and the "Genius Bar" @ an apple store suggested that I used a CA sim card. I'm based in the UK and what they said is ridiculous, I can't travel to CA to purchase a sim card. I've looked on eBay but can't find any CA sim cards.
    You can stay at 3.1.3 and use Redsn0w to jailbreak and activate it( 3.1.2 is needed to run Redsn0w)Unfortunately you can only use your Iphone 3G as an Ipod Touch from now on until an unlock solution is available.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-05-03 at 11:38 PM.

Thanks yeow202, I'll try redsn0w now.

Thanks once again.

PS. There are quite a few options on redsn0w, which options should I select from the following:
    - Install Cydia
    - Verbose boot
    - Custom boot logo
    - Custom Recovery logo
    - Already pwned

Ok, nvm. I followed a tutorial and the iPhone works now! Thank you so much yeow202. I'd do anything for you mate, you've helped me a lot and I appreciate it. Only downside is that whenever I make a call it says "call failed". Would you or anyone else know how to fix that please?

Thank you once again.
    Last edited by The Bird; 2010-05-04 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Bird View Post
    Thanks yeow202, I'll try redsn0w now.

Thanks once again.

PS. There are quite a few options on redsn0w, which options should I select from the following:
    - Install Cydia
    - Verbose boot
    - Custom boot logo
    - Custom Recovery logo
    - Already pwned

Ok, nvm. I followed a tutorial and the iPhone works now! Thank you so much yeow202. I'd do anything for you mate, you've helped me a lot and I appreciate it. Only downside is that whenever I make a call it says "call failed". Would you or anyone else know how to fix that please?

Thank you once again.
    Your Baseband is 05.12...right? With this baseband , there is no Unlock yet? wait for another two months, hopefully there will be an unlock.

OR why don't you get a 3GS from ebay : it is a faster and better Iphone. Make sure when you purchase one that has the oldboot rom and preferably unlock with Ultrasn0w or Blacksn0w.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-05-04 at 08:06 PM.