Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS - Made a mistake (used spirit and blackra1n)

Default 3GS - Made a mistake (used spirit and blackra1n)
    Hey guys... long story short, i used spirit to jailbreak, put blackra1n through cydia, and right after it installed, it wouldn't return to the home screen, or anything. It's in an almost complete frozen state (the apple sign showing, only). everytime i try to reboot it, or put it into recovery mode it won't let me re-install 3.1.3, or anything...

did anyone else make this mistake yet?

can anyone tell me how to get it back to normal?

thank you guys immensely

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

First of all you meant you installed "blacksn0w" which is the unlock payload. This is known not to be compatible on firmware 3.1.3 and causes endless bootloop. You need to force your phone into recovery mode by holding power and home until you see the iTunes logo.. then restore.

Secondly if you were at firmware 3.1.3 then there is no way to unlock anyway b/c your baseband would be on 5.12.01. Please correct me if this is not the case.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

Dareeude (2010-05-04), shariatoman (2010-05-04)

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    First of all you meant you installed "blacksn0w" which is the unlock payload. This is known not to be compatible on firmware 3.1.3 and causes endless bootloop. You need to force your phone into recovery mode by holding power and home until you see the iTunes logo.. then restore.

Secondly if you were at firmware 3.1.3 then there is no way to unlock anyway b/c your baseband would be on 5.12.01. Please correct me if this is not the case.
    how do i find out what kind of baseband it is?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rinnycoop121's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes i did the same thing and had to put the phoen into DFU mode and restore, then just ran Spirit again

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnycoop121 View Post
    Yes i did the same thing and had to put the phoen into DFU mode and restore, then just ran Spirit again
    i keep getting error 3014 when it is in recovery mode and in DFU mode
    Last edited by shariatoman; 2010-05-03 at 08:39 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rinnycoop121's Avatar
    Thanks

it worked for me????

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnycoop121 View Post
    it worked for me????
    it's so frustrating... yes it does loop if i try to boot it up regularly, and even in recovery mode or dfu mode, it'll still not work

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You must be using a Clean copy of stock fw 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 to jailbreak with Spirit ( must run in compatibiliy mode on xp or window 98 )
    So go ahead and do a restore to 3.1.3 since you are already at the 3.1.3 baseband , it doesn't matter anymore .
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-05-04 at 12:41 AM.

guys i did the same on my iphone 3GS 3.1.3, used spirit and then blackra1n via cydia... and now it reboots all the time and wont even go on recovery mode whatever i do....

anyone knows what to do?? thanks in advance...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphinegr13 View Post
    guys i did the same on my iphone 3GS 3.1.3, used spirit and then blackra1n via cydia... and now it reboots all the time and wont even go on recovery mode whatever i do....

anyone knows what to do?? thanks in advance...
    You have jailbroken with Spirit, why do you run Blackra1n again. Is it Blacksn0w you are talking about. If that is the case, you cannot unlock with your current 3.1.3 baseband with Blacksn0w, it will definitely screw it up...lol

Ok guys, Redsn0w, SnowBreeze, Blackra1n, Pwnage Tools, Spiritjb are all jailbreaking tools ( You cannot use it more than once on a restored Iphone )

Ultrasn0w and Blacksn0w are unlocking tools to be used on 04.26.08 and 05.11....respectively. Hope this clears things up...
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-05-04 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

12. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

Dareeude (2010-05-04)

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    You must be using a Clean copy of stock fw 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 to jailbreak with Spirit ( must run in compatibiliy mode on xp or window 98 )
    So go ahead and do a restore to 3.1.3 since you are already at the 3.1.3 baseband , it doesn't matter anymore .
    do you think there'll be an unlock for that baseband ever?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shariatoman View Post
    do you think there'll be an unlock for that baseband ever?
    Probably the end of June when OS 4.0 rolls out..No specific date. Dealing with Baseband is not an easy task.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

shariatoman (2010-05-04)

Probably the end of June when OS 4.0 rolls out..No specific date. Dealing with Baseband is not an easy task.
    ah, i see, thanks a lot

but i still can't restore my 3GS at ALL... regardless of what i do, whether in DFU mode or recovery mode, itunes wont let it restore it to 3.1.3

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shariatoman View Post
    ah, i see, thanks a lot

but i still can't restore my 3GS at ALL... regardless of what i do, whether in DFU mode or recovery mode, itunes wont let it restore it to 3.1.3
    That is weird, regardless of what you do, you should be able to restore back to stock 3.1.3 because Apple is still signing 3.1.3.
    If you have edited the host file to point to Saurik, you have to comment out by putting a # sign infront. ( So Itunes can ask for verification with Apple Server ).

18. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

shariatoman (2010-05-05)

Thanks guys, i were about to try out the same thing, but then i saw this.

That is weird, regardless of what you do, you should be able to restore back to stock 3.1.3 because Apple is still signing 3.1.3.
    If you have edited the host file to point to Saurik, you have to comment out by putting a # sign infront. ( So Itunes can ask for verification with Apple Server ).
    holy **** thank you, yeah. that was the problem, i changed the host file with a # instead of the ip, and it worked

thanks a lot