Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Blackra1n + Spirit Problem.HELP !

Question Blackra1n + Spirit Problem.HELP !
    Hy Guys,
    I have an iPhone 3gS 32 gb with 3.1.2 firmware(JB,Unlocked,ECID 3.1.2 on server).
    I used blackra1n to jailbreak the device.

Today I saw that spirit was out and it was an untethered jailbreak.I tried it and now the iPhone just restarts and boots into recovery mode. Even when I use blackra1n, it reboots and goes into recovery mode.
    I try to bypass apple servers on iTunes 9.1 and restore to 3.1.2 but I get the message that iPhone is not eligible for upgrade.

Is it possible for me to restore to 3.1.2 ? without upgrading to 3.1.3 ?

Is there any way I can get blackra1n to work ? (by possibly removing spirit JB form the device?)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Do you have your 3.1.2 SHSH on file with Cydia? Have you pointed your iTunes to saurik's server?

Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)

Every time I try to restore with Saurik s server
    I get this Message on iTunes

The iPhone could not be restored.This device isnt eligible for the requested build.

I changed hosts with the last line
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    (is there any other servers I could try out ?)

spanish: amigo me tope con el mismo problema restaura tu iphone 3gs a la version 3.1.3 original del iphone luego tan solo utiliza spirit
    te dara un mensaje de welp
    le dices que si
    se activara tu iphone
    y luego cuando termine dale de nuevo a spirit para que este instale cydia en tu telefono cualquier cosa escribime jjaillita hotmail

Default Ayuda porfavor!
    Instalé spirit en mi iphone blackra1n y murio!
    Ayuda! No arranca.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by corleno View Post
    Hy Guys,
    I have an iPhone 3gS 32 gb with 3.1.2 firmware(JB,Unlocked,ECID 3.1.2 on server).
    I used blackra1n to jailbreak the device.

Today I saw that spirit was out and it was an untethered jailbreak.I tried it and now the iPhone just restarts and boots into recovery mode. Even when I use blackra1n, it reboots and goes into recovery mode.
    I try to bypass apple servers on iTunes 9.1 and restore to 3.1.2 but I get the message that iPhone is not eligible for upgrade.

Is it possible for me to restore to 3.1.2 ? without upgrading to 3.1.3 ?

Is there any way I can get blackra1n to work ? (by possibly removing spirit JB form the device?)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    You may not have the 3.1.2 shsh on file with Cydia. Use fw umbrella to see if it creates a file for you on your folder. If it doesn't then you can't restore back to 3.1.2. Since you are already jailbroken with Blackra1n, and now you try to use Spiritjb without using a fresh clean copy of 3.1.2, you may screw it up.

Default same problem
    Im having the same problem. I have tried everything from restoring to a clean 3.1.2 to restoring to a custom 3.1.3 (via pwnage). I have tried redsn0w and blackra1n but i cant get it out of recovery mode. I'm pretty sure i had my shsh on file with cydia for 3.1.2 but i havent been able to retrieve it via umbrella. the only thing i havent tried is restoring to a virgin 3.1.3 because that will kill my unlock right?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cee3Pee0 View Post
    Im having the same problem. I have tried everything from restoring to a clean 3.1.2 to restoring to a custom 3.1.3 (via pwnage). I have tried redsn0w and blackra1n but i cant get it out of recovery mode. I'm pretty sure i had my shsh on file with cydia for 3.1.2 but i havent been able to retrieve it via umbrella. the only thing i havent tried is restoring to a virgin 3.1.3 because that will kill my unlock right?
    When you restore to stock 3.1.2, what message did you get ? Is it " Not Eligible " or error 1015. If you are in Recovery mode and error 1015 pops up, you are good. I am sure you must have pointed your hosts file to Saurik Server while doing the restore.

Let me know

When i restore to stock 3.1.2 i get the not eligible error, when i try any of the custom firmware i get error 1604. I have pointed my restore to sauriks server 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com (still get the not eligible error). I really dont want to update to 3.1.3, but dont know what else to do..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cee3Pee0 View Post
    When i restore to stock 3.1.2 i get the not eligible error, when i try any of the custom firmware i get error 1604. I have pointed my restore to sauriks server 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com (still get the not eligible error). I really dont want to update to 3.1.3, but dont know what else to do..
    I am afraid you have no other choice, but to restore to stock 3.1.3. There is no other choice for new bootrom, otherwise you can use cfw. You will definitely lose your unlock if you cannot restore to 3.1.2

Edit : Try quickpwn 22.5 for pc ( To get out of Recovery mode ) but I doubt it will work, doesn't hurt to try. Just follow the message. Remember once if you are out of recovery into emergency screen, close quickpwn.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-05-05 at 04:15 AM.

I'll give it a shot, got nothing to lose at this point except my unlock which i really don't want to lose.
    I'll let you know if it works, thanks for the help!

hi i have iphone 3gs new bootrom 3.1.2, bought after apple stopped signing 3.1.2 --> no ability to restore
    had blackra1n and blacksn0w

i rejailbreaked with spirit and now stuck at itunes connect. if i upgrade i will lose unlock, also can't restore 3.1.2
    i only want to boot again like blackra1n did!

any help appreciated
    thanks*

Default Spirit & BlackRa1n = Problems
    For us that received a 3gs on 3.1.2 base:5.11 after apple stopped signing.
    Tethered to BlackRa1n 1st
    Wanting freedom with spirit
    Spirit over BlackRa1n = Mistake!!!
    Stuck in recovery loop
    Cant restore with saurik, only to 3.1.3
    Needing to unlock!

I'm not complaining one bit, I love jailbreaking and really appreciate what all these guys have put into it. So many tools to choose from with the correct configurations.

I'll just wait till more tools get released after devices get released, think smart not stupid.

So im wondering the userland exploit that spirit uses can be used by sn0wbreeze or PwnageTool to create a custom firmware 3.1.3 without cydia (yes without or maybe with as it was jailbroken prior) to bypass baseband update, then run spirit????(spirit wont be needed if cydia gets installed)

Geohot'z blackra1n is good just got stuck trying to transition from 1 to another.

The guyz are so busy right now, but as always will pull through.

Appreciate what is given because it is a gift not an obligation!

JAILBREAK4LIFE

Default Unlock 3gs if update to 3.1.3 using stock firmware
    I am having the same problem; I used spirit on my Blackra1n unlocked iphone 3gs(3.1.2). Now its stucked to Connect to itunes screen.

I also tried to custom restore to 3.1.3 using snowbreeze and others but always get 16** errors.

Recently I noticed this:
    Unlock iPhone 3.1.3 | Blackra1n

They are saying they can unlock if I upgrade to stock 3.1.3 apple firmware if I pay to: Unlock iPhone 3GS 3G 2G / 3.0 / 3.1 / 3.1.3 baseband 05.12.01

Anyone can verify this? Should I update to the Stock firmware 3.1.3???

Don't do it it's a scam, u better off donating to these guyz than pay someone else for their tools. Pay attention unlock baseband 4.26 & 5.11 not 5.12, just jailbreak 3.1.3 no unlock new baseband. Don't fall for the scam buddy. Patience my young grasshopper.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sk_anti35 For This Useful Post:

rummanbd (2010-05-05)

what is better, upgrade to 3.1.3 and wait for 5.12 unlock. or wait for a pwnage tool support for new bootrom devices?
    which will come first??
    5.12 unlock or custom FW for new bootroms??

https://twitter.com/ih8sn0w/status/13420552158

@islamadel something is coming to fix the tethered spirit jb with a blackra1n'd device.

https://twitter.com/ih8sn0w/status/13420456768

@islamadel pwnagetool won't have a release. Stay on 3.1.2
    Last edited by ckislam; 2010-05-05 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Just wait! don't do nothing drastic a lot of us are on the same boat, fix is coming soon!

https://twitter.com/ih8sn0w/status/13438887035

IH8Snow has posted:
    Sorry blackra1n to Spirit users. You're going to have to stick to a tethered boot unless you saved your SHSH blobs.
    REF: https://twitter.com/ih8sn0w
    What does that mean? We are out of luck who have used blackra1n to spirit jailbreak? or he has a tethered way to fix the phone???

Unhappy recovered shsh
    Okay,

somebody made a comment about this in an earlier post, but it didn't make sense to me.

iPhone 3GS. 3.1.2 with blackRa1n

I ran spirit and now I'm in the same boat as many of you. Can't restore to anything. I tried running blackra1n again and got nowhere... So then I tried to put my device in recovery mode and retrieve the shsh blobs, which i managed to do successfully. This after I had jailbroken with blackra1n and attempted to jailbrake with spirit. So I have my shsh blobs both on cydia and on my pc. tried both methods but failed. I read on another website that with windows7 this process might fail. Mine did.

the question is this. did it fail due to the use of windows 7 or due to the fact that my shsh blobs are from after the fact ?

any help would be appreciated

update: just checked ih8sn0w twitter and it sounds like we are all out of luck. Nice brick I have sittin here...

(My own dumbass fault for not doing some light reading before clicking)

Note: I'm in China with an American iPhone. There is no way for me to activate the thing...
    Last edited by kalavera; 2010-05-06 at 10:38 AM.

Guys no solution for Blackra1n->Spirit problem? Should I upgrade to Stock 3.1.3 and use my Iphone 3gs as: Ipod Touch??

Any solution??? Any paid one???? Please reply! I am stuck at Connect to Itunes logo!

Can anyone verify this: Unlock iPhone 3Gs 3.1.3 - Iphone 3G Applications,Games - Unlock 05.12 Baseband - iPhone unlock Software,Games,Applications.

Is it real? Here is said real and working: Tool to unlock iPhone 3G /3Gs 3.1.3 running latest baseband 5.12.01 | Inno Creatives

Can anyone verify that??
    Last edited by rummanbd; 2010-05-06 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast