Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Blackra1n + Spirit Problem.HELP !

HEY EVERYBODY!

IT TURNS ON!!. I was very skeptical but if u do the correct process u can have an iphone unblocked and untethered!!. Completly recomended only if u have an original sim card to activate the iphone!!. THANKS EVERYBODY!!

congratulations. did u make a video ?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ckislam View Post
    congratulations. did u make a video ?
    Yeah,I have made a copy of edited version of 3.1.3 ipsw. Anyone one to test it out on this...Atleast it is better than pulling out the cable..

This 3.1.3 ipsw will apparently flash your software but not flash your baseband, so you will be at .5.11.07
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-05-11 at 11:05 PM.

Hi,

I have the same problem. I have a 3.1.2 Iphone 3gs with Blackra1n and I had the smart idea of trying Spirit....

However i do have the SHSH file stored on my macbook.

I read that the solution of preventing the baseband upgrade should only be done if you do not have the SHSH files...so what should I do?

I want my iPhone back! At the moment it's just stuck on the image with the connect to Itunes please.

I tried to restore in iTunes with a saved 3.1.2.ipsw file but it says firmware is not compatible ?

I also modified the hosts file to include the address of Sauriks server. However if i press restore & update it sends me to accepting update 3.1.3 from apple which i don't want!!

I am stuck and no idea which path to follow. thanks for any help

ok, I've tried restoring with the SHSH file with tinytss and changing on hosts the address of apple's servers

And it does everything correct, but at the end of restoring it returns a 3001 Unknown error in iTunes??

It's funny that when i saved my SHSH file with Umbrella it saved it under the name of 12319825928(whatever numbers)-iphone-3.1.3.shsh when my IPHONE was actually 3.1.2 version...i'm going crazy.
    Last edited by dfost3; 2010-05-14 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

message me or go on yahoo messenger, i will help you out
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-05-15 at 12:14 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

dfost3 (2010-05-15)

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    Yeah,I have made a copy of edited version of 3.1.3 ipsw. Anyone one to test it out on this...Atleast it is better than pulling out the cable..

This 3.1.3 ipsw will apparently flash your software but not flash your baseband, so you will be at .5.11.07

Can you share the modified 3.1.3 firmware ipsw file? I wish that musclenerd will just have a modified file and can be downloaded somewhere instead of us doing the file modification since there seems to be no device specific parameter that we need to put in the modified file.

Does anyone know where we can download the modified file? I tried to create one following the instruction and it gives me an error when I tried to use it to restore my iphone.

Please share your working modified IPSW file please. Thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by taptu View Post
    Can you share the modified 3.1.3 firmware ipsw file? I wish that musclenerd will just have a modified file and can be downloaded somewhere instead of us doing the file modification since there seems to be no device specific parameter that we need to put in the modified file.

Does anyone know where we can download the modified file? I tried to create one following the instruction and it gives me an error when I tried to use it to restore my iphone.

Please share your working modified IPSW file please. Thanks.
    What is your email ?

Is it possible to restore the iphone in "Spirit over Blackra1n stuck in Recovery mode problem" without losing any of the data on the iphone?

I have some very important pictures/data and would like to recover them if it's possible.

any help is appreciated guys!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by canyon View Post
    Is it possible to restore the iphone in "Spirit over Blackra1n stuck in Recovery mode problem" without losing any of the data on the iphone?

I have some very important pictures/data and would like to recover them if it's possible.

any help is appreciated guys!
    Unless you have synced your Iphone pics to Itunes, I am afraid you will lose your pics if you do a restore.

Hi, in the end i decided to follow the guide from the dev iTeam installing the 3.1.3 and preventing the baseband upgrade.

my iphone is back, jailbroken with spirit and working perfectly! thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dfost3 View Post
    Hi, in the end i decided to follow the guide from the dev iTeam installing the 3.1.3 and preventing the baseband upgrade.

my iphone is back, jailbroken with spirit and working perfectly! thanks!
    Cool..

13. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

kingbobo100 (2010-05-17)

can anyone make a youtube video of this? lol

keep up the great work guys, and thanks for all the moral support!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kingbobo100 View Post
    can anyone make a youtube video of this? lol

keep up the great work guys, and thanks for all the moral support!!!
    Rename it from from .zip to .ipsw

16. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

kingbobo100 (2010-05-17)

i did, but i dont think i deleted all the lines right, so i was hoping you could send me your file. lol. i edited the texts through notepad so i dont know if i did it right. =(

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kingbobo100 View Post
    i did, but i dont think i deleted all the lines right, so i was hoping you could send me your file. lol. i edited the texts through notepad so i dont know if i did it right. =(
    go check your inbox message

yeow202 is a god send!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! respect!!! lol

he walked me through everything. i will be glad to help out others the way he helped me

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hey guys, doc here.

I'm no expert but I entered the blackra1n loop after doing a network restart and managed to exit the loop BUT.

My bluetooth is "unavilable" and a lot of my apps crash on start up and overall the phone is sluggish. I'm not able to sync or download/install any new apps and my software version on the phone and itunes is showing as N/A.

Advice?

I looked at the upgrade as last ditch effort thing, but I'm currently overseas (in India ATM) doing some missionary work for the World Health Org. I still have my AT&T sim with me but my contract is cancelled, so idk if it will help in activation?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345