Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Quickpwn22 issue on windows vista, need advice.

Angry Quickpwn22 issue on windows vista, need advice.
    Ok I am using a:
    Iphone 3gs 16gb
    Version 3.1.3
    Firmware 5.12.01
    Model MC135LL
    ATT carrier
    Windows Vista 32 basic

I shift restored to version 3.1.2 with no issue, did it twice like some say to do. I go to run Quickpwn22 and get an error from windows saying it has stopped working. I have fully updated software on my pc and the newest Itunes. So I don't know if this is because of the itunes version or what. I have limited time to work on it due to a 6 month old so this has been going on for over a week. I am backed up on Saurick since I've been jailbroken since 3.1ish. Should I try to use quickpwn on a windows 7 64 bit after I downgrade? Any help would be appreciated, this is seriously starting to bug me...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bodybags View Post
    Ok I am using a:
    Iphone 3gs 16gb
    Version 3.1.3
    Firmware 5.12.01
    Model MC135LL
    ATT carrier
    Windows Vista 32 basic

I shift restored to version 3.1.2 with no issue, did it twice like some say to do. I go to run Quickpwn22 and get an error from windows saying it has stopped working. I have fully updated software on my pc and the newest Itunes. So I don't know if this is because of the itunes version or what. I have limited time to work on it due to a 6 month old so this has been going on for over a week. I am backed up on Saurick since I've been jailbroken since 3.1ish. Should I try to use quickpwn on a windows 7 64 bit after I downgrade? Any help would be appreciated, this is seriously starting to bug me...
    Window 7, 32 bits works fine, xp, vista too, I don't know about 64 bits. You must have Java installed, get the latest version of Java. Hope this helps

Edit : I am on windows 7, can you change the properties to Compatibility mode to xp service pack 2 or 3 mode from Vista and try running it alone to see if it opens up
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-05-02 at 06:00 AM.

Yeow, I know I have java installed, perhaps you're right. Now would it matter if I just uninstalled java or should I try to fix it? I know Windows was just having some issues with it recently.

Thanks

Yeow, I know I have java installed, perhaps you're right. Now would it matter if I just uninstalled java or should I try to fix it? I know Windows was just having some issues with it recently.
    Do the Compatibility mode and run it to see if it opens up. You know how to do that right. Right click on property , change it from there

Ok, how do I do that? I'm decent at this, but not great. Original jailbreak was done by a co-worker that isn't available due to personal issues. Sorry about this but I do appreciate the help, I've been reading tons of articles just trying to figure it out myself.

Thanks

What are you actually trying to do? Quickpwn22 is only used to get out of Recovery Loop. Try ireb from iH8sn0w.com and installed it. But you also need usblib installed in xp compatibility mode, then run the Ireb version 3.1.2 to get out of loop

Ok, how do I do that? I'm decent at this, but not great. Original jailbreak was done by a co-worker that isn't available due to personal issues. Sorry about this but I do appreciate the help, I've been reading tons of articles just trying to figure it out myself.
    Ok, do you have yahoo messenger, my id is yeow202
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-05-02 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

Bodybags (2010-05-02)

That is what I'm attempting to do. Did the downgrade and tried to run quickpwn22, and windows says stopped working. I'll give that a shot though, so you run the usblib once you've already gone into dfu mode and downgraded to 3.1.2 and are in recovery correct?

one minute, downloading it to my secondary pc right now and i'll add ya
    Last edited by Bodybags; 2010-05-02 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost