Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: They Broke my phone :(

Default They Broke my phone :(
    Went to the apple store yesterday, to have my screen replaced under warranty. (third time this year for huge pieces of dust under glass)

This time the genius came back and said that something broke when he pulled the screen off. Home button didnt work, microphone was non-functional, etc.

So he said he had to replace my phone. bring sout the new one, first thing I do is check the firmware. 3.1.3. I never upgraded my old one, and it was on 3.1.2.

Pretty sure Im just out of luck, eh? just wanted to throw this out there, so if there is a glimmer of hope for re-jailbreaking, someone would let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Don't worry about that, just wait, "spirit" jailbreak is coming So you won't have problems
    Just hold on
    By the way, if I understood, your iPhone is new. You should backup your shsh file with firmware umbrella. Do it as soon as you can.

Thanks

Did u ask to see ur phone that he broke ? Maybe he just wanted the jbed phone lol

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cid6.7 View Post
    Did u ask to see ur phone that he broke ? Maybe he just wanted the jbed phone lol
    That is so funny, lol > I noticed more and more people are interested in Jailbreaking these days than before..but we have the addiction to help out eventhough we don't make any money out of it.