Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SHSH on Saurik's server

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default SHSH on Saurik's server
    Hi guys,

Just got the confirmation that my SHSH was on file.
    The interesting point is that the message I get from Cydia is "This device has SHSHs on file for Iphone os 3.1.3"

I am running a JB 3.1.2...so is this normal?

Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes, it's normal. You can't get 3.1.2 SHSH file, because Apple stopped signing 3.1.2 firmware. Now you can get just 3.1.3 SHSH file.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I see. Does it mean I can still bypass the apple server check if I need to restore a jb 3.1.2? If not, what would be the point if securing my shsh? Thks

Green Apple
    Thanks

If you don't have 3.1.2 shsh you can't bypass apple server check for 3.1.2 firmware restore. Now, when you saved your 3.1.3 shsh, you can restore to 3.1.3 firmware. You need this because apple one day will stop sign it. If you save your shsh (example 3.1.3), you can restore your firmware (to 3.1.3) even after apple stops signing 3.1.3.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    uhm..I am getting confused then..how can I have a 3.1.3 on file on Saurik if my fw is a 3.1.2 jailbroken(I never had the 3.1.3)...??

Green Apple
    Thanks

No matter what firmware you have on your iPhone Saurik server will save that shsh, which Apple keeps sign. Then apple stops that, you can't sing that firmware shsh.
    For example. You updated to 3.1.2. Apple stopped sign it. But you still have it. You just want to take your shsh file. Now you get only 3.1.3 shsh file, because apple don't sign it. Not 3.1.2.
    So if you update your iPhone to 3.1.3, you can't donwgrade to 3.1.2, because in Saurik server was saved 3.1.3 shsh, not 3.1.2.
    Got it?
    Last edited by Myplagu3; 2010-04-30 at 08:14 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Myplagu3 For This Useful Post:

hughEE (2010-05-04)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ok thanks, so it now too late for me I guess... uploading my SHSH to the saurik's server is of no use for me (at this point) then
    thanks for your answers

Green Apple
    Thanks

I heard that new jailbreak is coming. So, just save your new shsh file and enjoy life with

iPhone? More like MyPhone MikeYuse0406's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey people, I have a question to which I don't seem to find an answer to. I have my ShSh saved on Cydia. However, since they are already saved on Cydia, should I also make a back up of the file to my mac? Or being the shsh file saved on cydia is enough if I choose to downgrade in the future to the saved fireware file?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MikeYuse0406 View Post
    Hey people, I have a question to which I don't seem to find an answer to. I have my ShSh saved on Cydia. However, since they are already saved on Cydia, should I also make a back up of the file to my mac? Or being the shsh file saved on cydia is enough if I choose to downgrade in the future to the saved fireware file?
    If they're on the server, it's enough. Though some people, including myself, like the extra safety of having them stored themselves.

Default Help: Trying to restore and Sauriks server will not respond
    Using iPhone 3GS Jailbroken and unlocked on 3.0.1
    Did updates in Rock Your Phone app and something went wrong... I did a hard reset on the phone, and now it will now not boot up. It shows the apple logo for about 10 seconds and then the screen goes black... I have tried turning it on and off several times to no avail... I charged it all night long since it was very low on battery when it first did this and that did not help.
    Now I am trying to do a restore using a custom ipsw I found online ([ame=http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=757003]3.0.1 IPSW Links - Mac Forums[/ame]) and I also modified my hosts file as Saurik outlined, but when iTunes tries to talk to Sauriks server it says the "Apple software verification server is unavailable at this time try again later. I have tried this 4 times and it keeps saying the same thing... Also, I did save my SHSH on Sydia when I first jailbraked it...
    Please help ASAP!
    Thanks so much everyone.
    Ryan

do we have to save shsh on file everytime we upgrade firmware?

Default When to save the SHSH files
    Quote Originally Posted by baox View Post
    You want to save the SHSH files for each firmware you would like to be able to downgrade back to WHILE apple is still signing them (aka while it is the current latest firmware)... so if you want to be able to downgrade to 3.1.2, you had to save the SHSH for 3.1.2 on or before April 2nd... If you want to be able to downgrade to 3.1.3 in the future, you have to save it before the next firmware comes out, since apple will stop signing 3.1.3 at that time.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by baox View Post
    You have to do it every time there's a new firmware out if you want the files stored on your own computer. If you store them on Cydia though, Saurik automatically gets any new SHSHs for you.

I have done the big mistake of accidentally upgrading the firmware to 3.1.3 thanks to my stupidity. Now I seek for ways to downgrade. Apparently, I cannot downgrade unless I have a 3.1.2 SHSH file save on Cydia or Saurik’s server. I previously used my phone with JB and Cydia installed for months. I first jailbroke the iPhone in August 2009 I think. At that time the firmware was 3.0 I guess. However, I don't know if I have a 3.1.2 SHSH file save on Cydia server. How to check this?

Forgive my ignorance. I am asking this because Cydia shows the status "TSS SHSH notice is temporarily disabled".

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    You have to do it every time there's a new firmware out if you want the files stored on your own computer. If you store them on Cydia though, Saurik automatically gets any new SHSHs for you.
    How to store them on Cydia? Is this automatically done when I install Cydia?
    Last edited by halflifett; 2010-05-05 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I dont think is automatically done when cydia was installed. you would need to launch the app cydia and then select "make my life easy" in the cydia welcome screen
    I think you can now JB the 3.1.3 with Spirit, so unless you need an unlocked Iphone, that should not be a problem for you. As far as I know there is no unlocking tools at the moment for 3.1.3

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Lasentence For This Useful Post:

halflifett (2010-05-07)

Thank you for the answer. I must wait then because I need an unlock...

Any ideas on when the Cydia SHSH service will be back online? I need to check if I have SHSH stored but I can't..

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by halflifett View Post
    Any ideas on when the Cydia SHSH service will be back online? I need to check if I have SHSH stored but I can't..
    The service is online now, only the notification is offline. You can use The Firmware Umbrella to get them stored/see if they're there.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to dhamien For This Useful Post:

halflifett (2010-05-08)

Default How do i get my shsh off the sever
    back in july i updated to 4.0.1 on the iphone 4 and instaled cydia and clicked make my life easier. I had to update because my phone crashed and i dont know how to get my shsh key from whereever that was stored. please help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast