Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3gs blocked by provider

Default iPhone 3gs blocked by provider
    A friend of mine had scratched his 3gs quite badly, so claimed for a new one on insurance, the old one still works but has been barred, seen as though the provider ha never seen the phone, they just blocked it remotely, surely I can unlock it with the phone in my hand and my laptop in front of me??

Anyone know what I need to use? First 3gs I've true to unlock, but have previously done q a few 3g's!

Thanks

So you basically stole a 3Gs from them.....I would buy one legally.

I didn't steal anything, It was covered by insurance, my question was can it be unlocked and jailbroken...

The only way you got a replacement covered by insurance and got to KEEP the old phone with them blocking it.....is by reporting it stolen or lost, which is obviously a lie....so you basically stole it or commited insurance fraud, which ever way you want to look at it.

They arent going to replace it for scratches and let you keep the old one.

And sorry, but we dont support that type of behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    The only way you got a replacement covered by insurance and got to KEEP the old phone with them blocking it.....is by reporting it stolen or lost, which is obviously a lie....so you basically stole it or commited insurance fraud, which ever way you want to look at it.

They arent going to replace it for scratches and let you keep the old one.

And sorry, but we dont support that type of behaviour.
    hes got a point. they wont block it if they didnt feel the need to have it back. like cpjr said, youve told them its lost/stolen, they've remotly blocked it and youve stolen from them!

although..:

can you remove the sim, restore the phone to default?

im not 100% on this.

He has got a point yes, but as I said, I haven't stolen anything, my friend has made a fraudulent insurance claim, but i could have bought a phone like this of eBay, I just want to know if I could get it working!!
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tobirichmond View Post
    He has got a point yes, but as I said, I haven't stolen anything, my friend has made a fraudulent insurance claim, but i could have bought a phone like this of eBay, I just want to know if I could get it working!!
    thanks
    You are correct and incorrect.

No you did not steal it... but acquired it knowing it was used for a fraudelant claim. So in fact you willingly knowing phone is fraudelant you are considered an acomplish as well. And in theory shoudl report person for claim.

Now you could always try and unlock phone and use on another provider, as IMEI would be blocked on same provider.

Would you report a friend? And would you say no to a cheap 3gs that hadn't been stolen from a person, but aquired through a fraudulent claim for a couple hundred quid against a multi million multinational?? Thought not, I didn't ask for lectures on ethics, i just asked if it was possible to get the handset working again!!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tobirichmond View Post
    Would you report a friend? And would you say no to a cheap 3gs that hadn't been stolen from a person, but aquired through a fraudulent claim for a couple hundred quid against a multi million multinational?? Thought not, I didn't ask for lectures on ethics, i just asked if it was possible to get the handset working again!!
    Thanks
    Equally, I didnt asked to be 'told off' (for lack of a better word) by some snotty nosed kid.

The fact is you/your friend have commited fraud, and reported a phone as stolen. because of this i believe theres no need for me to help you.

buy your own iphone and whilst your at it GTFO this forum, buying stolen goods.. anyone would think your gizmodo at this rate.

Love RelentlessDan

iPhone? More like MyPhone babydol's Avatar
    Thanks

ai ai ai

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

/Closed

We do not help with fraud.

Yes, it is fraud no matter how you look at it. The insurace owns the rights to that phone now since it was replaced because it was reported stolen. To the law,insurance company, and cell company you have stolen property in your hand.
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-04-28 at 01:15 AM.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Can we say theft by receiving??