Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: downgraded from 4.0 to 3.1.3 but problems

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default downgraded from 4.0 to 3.1.3 but problems
    right i made the plunge un upgraded to 4.0 which went ok was using it but half the apps didnt work from the apstore so when beta 2 came out i put that on and that was werse so i though id try to downgrade to 3.1.3

the first problm i came to which was i was stuck in recovery so i used blackrain to kick it out which went ok phone activated fine and worked signal ect... but when i turn it off the signal is gone and im back to no service. so i tryed puttin 4.0 beta back on and im back to square one no service after reboot

am i totaly in the sh** or do i need to wait for beta 3 to upgrade again

thanks any help

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

could be a problem due to restoring from a backup.
    the few times i downgraded from 4.0 i started as a new phone.

Ive had zero issues with 3.1.3 after having beta 4 baseband and all.

Ive only loaded beta4 4 times, just to show people what it looked like in person.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i tryed on a different pc phone restored with error and stuck in recovery loop so kicked it out again with blackrain but same thing no service after power cycle and what i noticed after after 10 hours it goes to no sercive aswell. iv upgraded back to 4.0 beta 2 and its still same no service but phone is sweet its my contract phone that im using...

do u think there is a chance iv damaged the modem firmware.

what do u think my chances of when beta 3 comes out it with have a higher modem version so it will fix the problem

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Try booting without using blackra1n. Use either quickpwn 2.2 or redsn0w 0.9.2 - if using redsn0w, you'll need the 3.1.2 .ipsw. Select yes to new bootrom and on the next screen, select only 'just boot tethered now'.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

tryed again redsnow would not kick it out of recovery i keep getting some error about sync services when i do get the phone booted. think i screwed it by downgrading from 4.0b2

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Restore fresh and boot with quickpwn 2.2 then.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

If you are on an official carrier do not use any of the jailbreak tools to boot out of recovery since they will activate the phone and you dont want that, you need itunes to activate the phone to get a signal. Use irecovery to boot the phone out of recovery then have itunes activate like normal. Just google "irecovery iphone downgrade" and you should get plenty of tutorials on how to do it.

Btw do not use irecovery on windows 7, libusb, which is needed for irecovery, has issues on windows 7 (not sure of vista). So either use a mac or windows xp.
    Last edited by Simon; 2010-04-24 at 09:29 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Jordanvh (2010-04-26)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

tryed it today on a mac kicked it out of recover with irecover same thing phone worked one power cycle then gone again seems to loose its activation for some reason. think ill have to wait for beta 3

thanks guys

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

got sick of messing with the phone so took it to a apple store they couldnt even fix it good one apple but a plus point they gave me a new phone SWEET!!!! somthin must have gone wrong with the baseband when i downgraded the phone well we all take these risks when we mod phones