Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G[s] keeps going into Safe Mode

Thanks

Default 3G[s] keeps going into Safe Mode
    My 3G[s] (MC-model) keeps going into Safe Mode. It is doing very frequently sometimes several times a day and I when I open Cydia takes forever and if I try to install/uninstall anything it gets about 3/4 done and freezes. I just end up rebooting. The only thing I know that will fix it will be to restore but I do not want to lose my #jb. I do have my SHSH on file with Cydia. Will I be able to downgrade to 3.1.2 after I restore so I can use blackra1n? Or should I just bite the bullet, restore and update then go stock until 4.0 comes out?
    Somebody please help.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

no, i'd stay away from 4.0 until all is well. Downgrade to 3.1.2 and use a CFW if you have a old bootrom for 3.1.2 or 3.1.3. I like to stay away from Blackra1n as it is the only JB that has caused me problems.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mj0528 For This Useful Post:

mrRected (2010-04-19)

Thanks

I only have CFW for 3.1 and 3.0 but I can find one for 3.1.2 I'm sure. Which jb tool do you recommend? I was actually just on redsn0w site and it says you can use 0.9.2 while you are jb although it is tethered for late model devices. I'm going to try some different things even I lose my jb it will be better than being in safe mode five times a day, I can't even run Cydia anyway. Thanks for your help.

Use redsn0w for jailbreaks. Hands down the best. A little harder, but still the best.

Thanks

yeah I used it my first jb I do think its better, blackra1n was just incredibly easy. but after reading up a little more it looks like because i have my SHSH on file I will be able to downgrade and rejb which should take care of SafeMode issues. thanks