Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G[S]stuck with dim screen and reboot cycle and heating issues

What's Jailbreak? 400milliliters's Avatar
    Thanks
    Cool 3G[S]stuck with dim screen and reboot cycle and heating issues now fixed.
    Hey everyone,
    hopefully someone will be able to drop some knowledge on this inquiry of mine..

I recently forgot my phone in the car for a good hour or so, and it was about 79 degrees (F); the phone was hot to the touch after that. It worked fine for a good 2 hours (still hot to the touch). I was updating my "bite SMS" application through cydia then screen all of a sudden went dim when cydia prompted me to respring my device. the respring button was still clickable so i did so.

After that the screen stayed dim, and would go into the springboard but would all of a sudden reboot (apple logo). i ran blackra1n to reboot the device (new bootrom) and the LCD intensity would go back to normal brightness but then would immediately back to really dim within sec's and then reboot... [this process would repeat several times before giving up for a bit.]

I let it cool of for a few hours and then went to retry a couple of different options.

1) ifun-box--> was going to remove the app in the raw data files but ifun-box wouldn't work properly. uninstalled and tried to re-downlaod. "unable to reach server". dead end on that one..

2) restore--> I did save my SHSH blobs a while back to my PC in case i need to restore in the future, but the catch is that I have windows 7 and am unable to finish the restore process...D'oh..

Did I damage the battery-processor-LCD due to the heat?

any ideas?
    this is where my body of knowledge has hit a dead end....
    Last edited by 400milliliters; 2010-04-20 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    To quote the last words of Plato, "I drank what?"

What's Jailbreak? 400milliliters's Avatar
    Thanks
    once i installed ifunbox it was like fishing with dynamite..
    turns out Bite SMS (update) was causing the problem..
    To quote the last words of Plato, "I drank what?"