Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Let's put our minds together on this 3GS 3.1.3 New Bootrom Issue

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy85 View Post
    think we're starting to get somewhere
    no, we're not, really....

can anyone point me in the direction to get the keys to open the dmg files?
    vfdecrypt to decrypt the filesystem.... BUT... you can't just modify the contents of an IPSW and flash it to a 3gs with the new bootrom - It will fail signature verification. Hence why we can't use custom IPSW created by tools like pwnage on 3gs with the new bootrom...

yehh... vfdecrypt. ive been trying to use it but cant mount the dmg file its not recognised anyidea why?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lapaki View Post
    folders:
    Library
    Media
    Preferences
    if anybody is familiar with the filesystem, maybe they can say
    something. the whole pack of iphone os files is around 80mb, is this really the whole OS??.
    not even close. the 3.1.3 3GS IPSW is 305MB. not to mention you're missing a bunch of folders.

yehh... vfdecrypt. ive been trying to use it but cant mount the dmg file its not recognised anyidea why?
    yes, you're not doing it right
    Last edited by katmeef; 2010-04-22 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks for all your help yazzz. I have a feeling we are close. I sent you a pm but any details you can give about the shsh and how to edit it to work on 3.1.2 from a 3.1.3 would be awesome even a little insight into how the blobs are made up and what the different byte values mean.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mr2sweet View Post
    Thanks for all your help yazzz. I have a feeling we are close. I sent you a pm but any details you can give about the shsh and how to edit it to work on 3.1.2 from a 3.1.3 would be awesome even a little insight into how the blobs are made up and what the different byte values mean.
    you can't edit a 3.1.3 SHSH to make it work on 3.1.2.... really, you think apple didn't think of that?

as for vfdecrypt not working for Jeezy85, maybe have a little read here: VFDecrypt Keys - The iPhone Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by katmeef View Post
    you can't edit a 3.1.3 SHSH to make it work on 3.1.2.... really, you think apple didn't think of that?

as for vfdecrypt not working for Jeezy85, maybe have a little read here: VFDecrypt Keys - The iPhone Wiki
    thanks alot katmeef

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by yazz2020 View Post
    To get your shsh file download umbrella. Google for it. You will need your ecid for it. Search this forum on how to get your ecid.
    Thanks for the tip, I already did it and I it only works if I select Apple Repository (I edited the hosts file so it will be storing it in Saurik's server). In the status window I see the name of the file saved, is there any way to access it? If a choose localhost I get the error 'Could no get your ECID SHSH for that model/version: sorry'. How can I force it to create it in local? Do I have to be running a server in localhost?

Sorry for all the questions I am just lost.

Thanks in advance and pleace keep the great work up yazz2020

UPDATE: Never mind, I realized I just had to look in the umbrella folder. I see now lots of baks of the shsh file

Thanks anyway
    Last edited by lapaki; 2010-04-22 at 11:47 PM. Reason: fixed it

Thanks for the tip, I already did it and I it only works if I select Apple Repository (I edited the hosts file so it will be storing it in Saurik's server). In the status window I see the name of the file saved, is there any way to access it? If a choose localhost I get the error 'Could no get your ECID SHSH for that model/version: sorry'. How can I force it to create it in local? Do I have to be running a server in localhost?

Thanks anyway
    Ok, you seem to have done it, but you should find in the same folder a tinytss which can make your localhost run as an apple server to respond to the itunes queries, that will let you use the shsh files you saved already to respond to iTunes, however this didn't help me since I have 3.1.3 and don't have the 3.1.2 shsh files.

If someone can find a way to decrypt the shsh files and change them to match a 3.1.2 that would be perfect.

Or the other way is to modify the 3.1.2 ROM to appear as if it was a 3.1.3.

I am still not sure how that has anything to do with the backups that we took from our phone.

I'm in the same"screwed" boat. 3.1.3 7E18 MC

Default possible solution/s?
    is what apple and itunes doing illegal? is it legal for force users to verify their device through itunes and then apple servers? they have created this whole thing to deter manipulation of firmwares, however here was my dilemma.
    I have an iphone 3gs 32gb that was on 3.1.2fw 5.11bb. i installed a wrong package on cydia and was forced to restore. normally, this would not be an issue, BUT, i had just recently moved and was not able to get an internet connection for a week. i connected to itunes, and guess what???? itunes could not detect my device. when i jumped onto someones wireless, i had the issues many people have had with error and apple not recognizing the firmware. anyways, my point is this. can apple force users to connect to their servers in order for a consumer to be able to use a $600 product? i did not have a phone for 4 days. is there something that states that as a consumer i have agreed to accept the fact that an internet connection will be mandatory? that's pretty much what they have done here. i shouldn't, first be forced to have to connect to anything to USE A CELL PHONE and since when were update mandatory and forced in the technological field? isn't that blatantly taking advantage of consumers lack of knowledge? we all know you never update once the update first comes out, that's just not smart.

oh heres another issue i had regarding my restore attempt... i couldn't restore the phone. i did every possible solution, kept getting 1600 errors and firmware not compatible. finally, i decided to just upgrade to the new firmware through iTunes and just said f it. my phone was put into dfu mode and a bright white screen appeared and it started the restore process. i received another 16xx error and then i plugged the phone up to my notebook which had the host file changed. somehow, this worked. my phone was finally restored with 3.1.3 snowbreeze firmware and 5.11 baseband. I jail broke it and i was like, oh ****...great. i went to cydia and it showed that my restore file was stored on the SHSH server. well, whatever the ****...i did something and i had to restore AGAIN. BUT i did the restore on my PC and there was no error. the update went through smoothly...the APPLE update. SHIET!!!! my phone is now 3.1.3 fw with 5.12 bb.

anyways...i don't need the phone unlocked as i have AT&T. can i still jailbreak it, or am I SOL? Thanks in advanced.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pheroah View Post
    If someone can find a way to decrypt the shsh files and change them to match a 3.1.2 that would be perfect.

Or the other way is to modify the 3.1.2 ROM to appear as if it was a 3.1.3.

I am still not sure how that has anything to do with the backups that we took from our phone.
    I am a vetran programmer and I have a lot of experiance with encryption and PKIs, I am just very new to iPhone and Apple, I was a MS fan previously.
    you can't change 3.1.3 shsh to a 3.1.2
    you can't change the bootROM (ROM = READ ONLY memory) << Don't you think a 'veteran' programmer would know that???!?
    it has nothing to do with backups from your phone.

i feel like a broken record.
    Last edited by katmeef; 2010-04-23 at 12:27 PM.

What an amusing thread
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Let them get their hopes up and destroy them their selves. fun to watch
    "I want to change the world but they won't give me the source code"

"With Great Power , Comes Great responsibility" That is something we all need to remember

Why don't you all just wait for "thunderst0rm" that will totally help you all out... not. If you cant figure this out by yoursel i pitty you..

Katmeef...

Come on ... its actually called EEPROM "Electronically Erasable Programable Read-Only Memory"...If you don't know that, you should do some research on how ROMs work.

Secondly this BOOT ROM gets updated, if you were to read a little, you would find out that when they updated to 3.1.3 they modified the bootrom to stop the jailbreak bug that everyone was using.

Thirdly, I would appreciate your help, since I do not have a Mac machine to test with us and try and productively figure a different way of setting everyone free (that is why they called it JAIL BREAK), from the evil claws of apple. Putting everyone down with your comments doesn't really help, and if everyone took the attitude of oh look they are fools, we would all be still on 2.0 with no jailbreak and Apple happily in charge of everything.

Thanks

In theory could someone who has their 3.1.2 Eep & 3.1.3 Eep Edit the 3.1.3 to match the 3.1.2 there by tricking apple servers into thinking its the correct one..?

Cool long time reader first time poster
    I've spend some considerable time reading various forums on this topic and this one seems to be working some fresh ideas. Sorry if I am wasting everyone's time with my comments, but something occurred to me as a was reading this thread. (I have a 3GS (from launch) with stock 3.1.3, ATT service)

As mosso suggested (perhaps just to mislead us...), you can open old backups and change some information. Is is possible to use a modified backup to trick your phone into thinking it is 3.1.2 and then request an SHSH? That way the shsh would be assigned to your phone, but think its 3.1.2 and you could use it to restore to actual 3.1.2. I think apple is no longer giving out shsh files to even legit 3.1.2 phones, so this might be a ridiculous idea, but maybe it will give someone else an idea.

feel free to rip me kafmeet

Thanks Deyer for this info, but unfortunatelly Apple no longer gives out 3.1.2 SHSH so even if you trick your phone into thinking it has 3.1.2 this will not help.

Also the problem with 3.1.3 is that the bootrom has been updated, which has closed the JB gap we had. So the only way is to trick the phone into thinking that a 3.1.2 flash is actually flashing a 3.1.3 firmware and use that, but that seems to be impossible right now.

I am sure MOSSO is an Apple employee who is assigned to mislead users and waste their time so they don't go into places that could lead them to crack the code.

I am sure MOSSO is an Apple employee who is assigned to mislead users and waste their time so they don't go into places that could lead them to crack the code.
    i agree... hes just trying to push us in the wrong direction

i think we need to figure out from someone who has a 3.1.2 shsh file to see whats in there that apple allow for the dowgrade to happen... then maybe tweak around the 3.1.3 shsh file.... nothings impossible we just need a genius to figure it out

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast