Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Let's put our minds together on this 3GS 3.1.3 New Bootrom Issue

Im telling you all an Easy way to downgrade your firmware...

And as you Said, im the first one to mention this.

You do as you want if you got the knowledge to try it or not, Im not going to write stupid step by step guide just so that people can leech, Work for what you want, Dont just sit and let the others do the work..

ive had my 3gs 3.1.3 MC jailbroken for 6 weeks now, Just waiting to see anybody try this.. but wow, Slow people

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

^^^
    What no attempt to answer my question as to the basis of your theory? Sorry, I don't believe you, not willing to waste my time.... do you have any proof?

furthermore, you have less than 50 posts on this board so frankly your cred is lacking IMO, and if you are clearly not willing to help anyone else, I could care less.

The backup files does not save everything, Mostly settings and what you had personal on your iphone, Tho its impossiblr to use someone elses backup, so its connected to your udid, But it also saves the information of what firmware was used when the backup accured..

If you can decrypt and Edit YOUR OWN backup files and than encrypt ot again, You can Edit alot of information.

As simple as that... Maybe you havent read about it until now cuz it wasnt public until NOW...

ill be happy to post a video of My 3gs rymning cydia the NeXT time I get access to a computer and a recorder..

Assiming you want to wait 2 weeks since im in greece now and live in another country

iPhone? More like MyPhone katmeef's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mosso View Post
    The backup files does not save everything, Mostly settings and what you had personal on your iphone, Tho its impossiblr to use someone elses backup, so its connected to your udid, But it also saves the information of what firmware was used when the backup accured..
    so we agree the backup does not contain the entire filesystem... yet by restoring a modified backup file the phone somehow restores the entire filesystem to 3.1.2? is this a magical restore to 3.1.2 or simply an act of god? can you tell me where are the OS files are coming from that are being restored?

If you can decrypt and Edit YOUR OWN backup files and than encrypt ot again, You can Edit alot of information.

As simple as that...
    Downgrading the OS is not as simple as changing a tag from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2.....
    Last edited by katmeef; 2010-04-22 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My friend, You seem like a smart Young man, This nut shouldnt be to Hard for you to crack.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The files that iTunes backs up aren't encrypted. They're exactly as they're stored on the device, only renamed.

My friend, You seem like a smart Young man, This nut shouldnt be to Hard for you to crack.
    can you at least share with us what program you used to decrypt the signature.

Thanks

Mosso are you talkin about editing the MDDATA & or MDINFO files that are encrypted..? Or the .plist files..?
    Peace
    Last edited by Cid6.7; 2010-04-22 at 05:59 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    maybe Mosso is right.
    try:
    iphone-backup-decoder - Project Hosting on Google Code

i used the GUI app which is hosted in another link you can see in the page above and it indeed does the job of extracting files from the backups. i have extracted the the systems files ('iPhone OS Files') and i am browsing at them right now.

will update if i find anything worth telling.

cheers

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lapaki For This Useful Post:

Cid6.7 (2010-04-22)

Thanks

FUBAR only works off a mac let us know whatcha find
    Quote Originally Posted by lapaki View Post
    maybe Mosso is right.
    try:
    iphone-backup-decoder - Project Hosting on Google Code

i used the GUI app which is hosted in another link you can see in the page above and it indeed does the job of extracting files from the backups. i have extracted the the systems files ('iPhone OS Files') and i am browsing at them right now.

will update if i find anything worth telling.

cheers

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default anybody familiar with iphone filesystem?
    well it sure works and converts the backup datafiles in a bunch of sqlite files.
    i am not familiar with the iphone file system. when extracting the iphone os files a folder with the following content showed up:

files:
    keychain-2.db
    ocspcache.sqlite3
    TrustStore.squile3

folders:
    Library
    Media
    Preferences

inside preferences there is a folder called SystemConfiguration with several files.
    and in Library/Preferences there are a bunch of plist files, i just stumbled into com.apple.BTServer.plist that has the following structure:
    root Dictionary
    defaultPoweredState off
    oldPoweredState off
    version 3.1.3

if anybody is familiar with the filesystem, maybe they can say
    something. the whole pack of iphone os files is around 80mb, is this really the whole OS??

anyway the app is cool because now i can backup sms, calls and everything in my own databases (i understand this is one of the things you can you when you jb).

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

People, don't bother with Mosso. He's trying to toy with you.

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    People, don't bother with Mosso. He's trying to toy with you.
    i agree. i dont see how editing the backup will let you downgrade to a lower version.

i think the only solution to this is to decrypt the shsh file. Because thats what apple look for when they sign the update. There must be something inside that file

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy85 View Post
    i agree. i dont see how editing the backup will let you downgrade to a lower version.

i think the only solution to this is to decrypt the shsh file. Because thats what apple look for when they sign the update. There must be something inside that file
    you might be right, or not.
    the thing is thanks to his post i am now able to manage my sqlite databases (contacts, sms, call history,...).
    it sure isn't something to be really excited about, although having the chance to view at least part of the phone filesystem (besides the other apps that let you view only certain folders) just made my day.

the next thing would be to pack up all these files after messing with them (doing several changes) into an itunes backup and do a restore and see what happens.

another possiblity ( I THINK ) is to open up the 3.1.2 firmware up... inside it has 2 files in the attached picture below. as you can see the firmware ive edited it to 3.1.3... but the problem is rebuilding the ipsw and maybe try to restore?? its just a suggestion :P
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -screen-shot-2010-04-22-19.58.50.png  

Thanks

What about building a ispw out of a 3.1.2 backup with something modded in it to "trick" apple server into thinking its a 3.1.3 ispw..

A very interesting thread you guys have here. Let me see if I can help you guys out a bit. To read the shsh file properly on a Mac, open it with a text editor and delete the first line till characters <?.save the file and open with plist edit pro. This will show you which files are signed by apple. The blob for each individual file and the partial digest for each file. The blob is 1024 bytes and the partial digest is 28 bytes. If you copy the blob bytes to a hex edit app. You will see your ECID in the first line. The ECID is byte reversed. The next few lines has the hash signature. The signature is 128 bytes I think. I am sorry for the sketchy details as am using my iPhone to post and giving details from memory. If more details required will be happy to post.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to yazz2020 For This Useful Post:

lapaki (2010-04-23)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    thanks for your reply.
    how to i get my shsh file? i have only the 3.1.3 in surik (never jb) can i get it in local with one of the tools used for jb?
    please rewrite with all the details you can because this will surely help, if not for the jb, at least to boost the collective knowledge. i am amazed now that i can manipulate the sqlite files straight from any backup! (i know its not the first time i say this, i am just so excited).

To get your shsh file download umbrella. Google for it. You will need your ecid for it. Search this forum on how to get your ecid.

Quote Originally Posted by yazz2020 View Post
    A very interesting thread you guys have here. Let me see if I can help you guys out a bit. To read the shsh file properly on a Mac, open it with a text editor and delete the first line till characters <?.save the file and open with plist edit pro. This will show you which files are signed by apple. The blob for each individual file and the partial digest for each file. The blob is 1024 bytes and the partial digest is 28 bytes. If you copy the blob bytes to a hex edit app. You will see your ECID in the first line. The ECID is byte reversed. The next few lines has the hash signature. The signature is 128 bytes I think. I am sorry for the sketchy details as am using my iPhone to post and giving details from memory. If more details required will be happy to post.
    think we're starting to get somewhere

can anyone point me in the direction to get the keys to open the dmg files?
    Last edited by Jeezy85; 2010-04-22 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast