Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I just got my 3.1.2 shsh from Apple!

Default I just got my 3.1.2 shsh from Apple!
    I bought a iPhone 3GS from Ebay. Firmware was 3.1.3. I just wanted check and see if the seller saved SHSH on Saurik's server. I used new Umbrella 222 (which is for new iPad). I had no luck. There was no SHSH save on Saurik's server. However when I changed repo to Apple and click 'Submit' button, I got SHSH file from Apple! And I was able to downgrade my iPhone 3GS to 3.1.2! And jailbreak with Blackrain!

I know people will not believe me. Cuz that's not possible!But if you now your ECID, give it a try! There's nothing to lose!!

I hope it helps to people who's stuck on 3.1.3.

sorry for my poor english.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tacoda For This Useful Post:

skatin707 (2010-04-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

hmm...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default nice news
    @tacoda

could you please give a short description of the steps taken?
    you say you changed the repo to apple, did you edit the hosts file to point to saurik instead of apple's gs?
    did you manage to upload an shsh for 3.1.2 to apple even though your firmware is (was) 3.1.3?

yup, one of those desperate 3.1.3 users asking for more help.

thanks for reading

OK. here is what I did.

Before I had this phone I had iPhone 3G. So I had no idea how SHSH works or I didn't even care about ECID. After I got 3GS I did some research.

I found out I need SHSH file. But order to get SHSH file I need ECID number. (But I new it was too late to get SHSH file for 3.1.2. But I just wanted to save 3.1.3 SHSH file) So I got my ECID number by put my phone in 'Recovery mode' and using 'Usbview' program. After that I open 'Umbrella' v222, input my ECID, change 'Device Version' to iPhone 3gs - 3.1.2 and Change 'SHSH Repository' to Apple. And click 'Submit'!

Thanks

if this works
    ur a genius man

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    @tacoda
    thanks so much for your quick reply.
    i have been trying to do the same thing you did:
    .- my phone is a 3gs upgraded to 3.1.3 by itunes, my mistake
    .- using umbrella i can get an shsh for 3.1.3 firmware, however if i try 3.1.2 i get an error (i know my ecid)
    .- i have tried using apple repository to no avail (i have edited the hosts file and back)
    .- from what you write i understand you did not change the hosts file, meaning when itunes calls home it is actually calling home and not sauriks server.

anyway thanks again for your reply, i will keep trying if anything else comes to mind

@battlecrushr
    you are wrong, chuck doesnt need any magnifying glass at all, he just tell them ants to burn; so they do

Quote Originally Posted by tacoda View Post
    OK. here is what I did.

Before I had this phone I had iPhone 3G. So I had no idea how SHSH works or I didn't even care about ECID. After I got 3GS I did some research.

I found out I need SHSH file. But order to get SHSH file I need ECID number. (But I new it was too late to get SHSH file for 3.1.2. But I just wanted to save 3.1.3 SHSH file) So I got my ECID number by put my phone in 'Recovery mode' and using 'Usbview' program. After that I open 'Umbrella' v222, input my ECID, change 'Device Version' to iPhone 3gs - 3.1.2 and Change 'SHSH Repository' to Apple. And click 'Submit'!
    I have 3g and not 3gs, I got my ECID and I am following the steps as mentioned in :
    No i am in step4 an it crashes, is this normal , will this work with 3g ?
    http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...ecid-shsh.html

Sorry to hear you couldn't receive the SHSH file. I felt weird also when I receive the file.

What I did was just trying to receive SHSH file from Saurik's server and I get error couple times. After that I receive 3.1.3 from Apple and I also tried 3.1.2 from Apple.

I didn't need to change host file or run tinyTSS to receive SHSH file. changing host file and run tinyTSS is for when you downgrade firmware.

good luck...

Thanks

dude if u have a 3g,ware
    u dont need to do all this.
    this is 3gs only
    if u wanna downgrade 3g just shift restore to the firm

11. The Following User Says Thank You to battlecrushr For This Useful Post:

kmurali70 (2010-04-07)

Quote Originally Posted by battlecrushr View Post
    dude if u have a 3g,ware
    u dont need to do all this.
    this is 3gs only
    if u wanna downgrade 3g just shift restore to the firm
    Please, please help me.
    If I have 3g, then should I just put the phone in dfu mode or recovery mode and restore by pressing shift on itunes and pointing to the custom firmware ?
    then jb with resn0w ?

Thanks

yea restore to a fresh 3.1.2
    u can download it from this site
    and then jailbreak with blackweather

does not work just tried it on my 3gs

hmmm I need help becauseI am serously stuck contiplating throwing my Iphone 3g[s] at the wall

my STUPID brother updated my IPhone using Itunes i was on 3.1.2 jail breakon and unlocked all the awsome apps anyway...he updated 3.1.3 :@ ive used 'Umbrella' and managed to get my SSH from Suriks Server(3.1.2) but not from apple what can i doo..please help, u can add me on msn (from my profile)or even email me or please post back ill be on all day

Thanks.
    Last edited by .:Scott:.; 2010-04-07 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Forgot somthing...Sorry :S
    Add me if you would like to play online together (:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Didn't work for myself either unfortunately. Pretty sure I followed the same steps as you did but still get the usual -

Could not get your ECID SHSH for that model/version: sorry.

Yeah i got that when i requested the apple one the suriks one worked quikly

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    To my knowledge I think you can downgrade if you've got your 3.1.2 SHSH on Surik's. I'm not an expert, but check your baseband and bootrom are compatible with the following guide and check this out -

http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...hsh-cydia.html

19. The Following User Says Thank You to foo25 For This Useful Post:

.:Scott:. (2010-04-07)

thank mate ill defo have a look but err how u check the baseband and bootrom are compatible with the guide?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You haven't done anything special other than just doing a regular request to Apple for a restore to 3.1.2 - it's quite odd that you got the file.

Just tried it myself and I can't get the 3.1.2 file from Apple (I can from Cydia since I have it stored there).

I'm wondering if your hosts file was already edited. Although that wouldn't explain why you'd initially get denied by the Cydia server.
    Last edited by dhamien; 2010-04-07 at 06:52 PM.

LOL that input wasnt needed tbh, and yeah thats what i said? do youi know what you can do with the SSH file from Suarik?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by .:Scott:. View Post
    LOL that input wasnt needed tbh, and yeah thats what i said? do youi know what you can do with the SSH file from Suarik?
    Are you talking to me? Yes, with 3.1.2 SHSH files, you can downgrade to 3.1.2 firmware.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast