Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I just got my 3.1.2 shsh from Apple!

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    are you talking to me? Yes, with 3.1.2 shsh files, you can downgrade to 3.1.2 firmware.
    how!!!!??
    Add me if you would like to play online together (:

Quote Originally Posted by .:Scott:. View Post
    how!!!!??

Quote Originally Posted by l0k0 View Post

Thanks

If you can get you shsh blobs from saurik's server then you should have no problem downgrading your 3gs and rejailbreaking. There are multiple threads in this forum detailing the steps to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by jkmonkey View Post
    If you can get you shsh blobs from saurik's server then you should have no problem downgrading your 3gs and rejailbreaking. There are multiple threads in this forum detailing the steps to do it.
    I see i would really appreicte if you would post some links if its not to much hastle?

TY

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)

It's also a good idea to check the stickies.

Thanks both of you (:

I tried to do the first step on my 3GS to get my ECID using USBVIEW. Everything is displayed except the my ECID. The iphone was on the recovery mode when I used and the USBVIEW showed that it was on the iBOOT recovery mode. But no ECID is shown.

Quote Originally Posted by romman View Post
    I tried to do the first step on my 3GS to get my ECID using USBVIEW. Everything is displayed except the my ECID. The iphone was on the recovery mode when I used and the USBVIEW showed that it was on the iBOOT recovery mode. But no ECID is shown.
    did u go;

Options -> Config description (Click on, making sure its Ticked)

then hit F5

Thanks. There you go. I got the ECID. Now let me try the umbrella...

gl but after a couple of weeks reading it's impossible to get shsh files from apple or downgrade your baseband

I got an 3.1.3 SHSH from Apple and Saurik. Are these files useful for JB or Unlock my 3GS 3.1.3, 5.12.0.1? Apple one is 68KB and Saurik one is 64 KB. I tried 3.1.2 as well and got just errors "Could not get ECID for the model/version".

I got an 3.1.3 SHSH from Apple and Saurik. Are these files useful for JB or Unlock my 3GS 3.1.3, 5.12.0.1? Apple one is 68KB and Saurik one is 64 KB. I tried 3.1.2 as well and got just errors "Could not get ECID for the model/version".
    SHSH 3.1.3 is not really useful now. It will be useful in future when Apple releases 3.1.4 or 4.0...
    with SHSH 3.1.3s saved, you will be able to downgrade your phone from 3.1.4/4.0 back to 3.1.3

good luck

Thanks for that. So MY IPHONE IS STILL AN IPOD. I need the unlock. Stuck with ATT even after out of contract.

Another question. My Iphone 3GS 32GB was never jailbroken or unlocked. Its a brand new out and out of contract from ATT. It was on 3.1.2 (no idea of bootrom or baseband). I gave it to a vendor for unlock and he screwed it up and restored back to 3.1.3 (I would have killed him if I knew this). My question is that, how come Saurik's server returned me a 3.1.3 SHSH, if it where never unlocked or jailbroken? I am surprised. Does this mean anything? Maybe like light at the end of the tunnel
    Last edited by romman; 2010-04-08 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

lol.. i was trying to save shsh.. using 3gs 3.1.2 ecid.. it saved for ipod touch 2g 3.1.2... didnt happen to work for 3.1.2 3gs

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for that. So MY IPHONE IS STILL AN IPOD. I need the unlock. Stuck with ATT even after out of contract.

Another question. My Iphone 3GS 32GB was never jailbroken or unlocked. Its a brand new out and out of contract from ATT. It was on 3.1.2 (no idea of bootrom or baseband). I gave it to a vendor for unlock and he screwed it up and restored back to 3.1.3 (I would have killed him if I knew this). My question is that, how come Saurik's server returned me a 3.1.3 SHSH, if it where never unlocked or jailbroken? I am surprised. Does this mean anything? Maybe like light at the end of the tunnel
    You pointed to Saurik for a 3.1.3 shsh blobs, Saurik is actually requesting to Apple for it(If Saurik doesnt have it on file) before returning it to you and at the same time, caching a copy of the 3.1.3 shsh blobs on Saurik server as well..
    Last edited by Rolantino; 2010-04-16 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tacoda View Post
    I bought a iPhone 3GS from Ebay. Firmware was 3.1.3. I just wanted check and see if the seller saved SHSH on Saurik's server. I used new Umbrella 222 (which is for new iPad). I had no luck. There was no SHSH save on Saurik's server. However when I changed repo to Apple and click 'Submit' button, I got SHSH file from Apple! And I was able to downgrade my iPhone 3GS to 3.1.2! And jailbreak with Blackrain!

I know people will not believe me. Cuz that's not possible!But if you now your ECID, give it a try! There's nothing to lose!!

I hope it helps to people who's stuck on 3.1.3.

sorry for my poor english.

ya this guy doesnt know what hes talking about. people...lets just all face it. There is no way on earth that those "things" (not people) from apple will give you a piece of data that is crucial to the downgrade processes of an iPhone 3GS. even you are tripping on some good LSD, or u have an iphone 3G (NO S)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I restored my 3G bb 5.11.07 OS 3.1.2 back to nothing (twice, with iTunes 9.0.3) because it was slow and I wanted to test it, and jailbroke it again very normally with redsn0w. No connection problems, everything's fine.

Gladly because I don't feel like jailbreaking my recently bought official 3GS (week 43 ) even if the restoring back to 3.1.2 with ECID SHSH was easy.
    (ECID, not acid, @eastonl33t!)

Waiting for good news
    to jailbreak
    and have network
    and NO need to restart with blackra1n...

thanks for posting whenever you're successful

What I don't get is what's the point of downgrading to 3.1.2 if it's for staying away from jailbreak all the same ?
    Last edited by Rocky34; 2010-04-16 at 11:37 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12