Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can I downgrade 3g 3.1.3 to 3.1.2

Default Can I downgrade 3g 3.1.3 to 3.1.2
    I didn't jailbreak until I updated to 3.1.3 and I want to run the Nike+ app on it. I was able to use the tutorial to get it on the phone, but it didn't seem to work. Apparently it isn't supported on 3.1.3. How can I downgrade if my ECID isn't saved on Cydia's server?

I was able to downgrade to 3.1.2 but the phone was not activated.

I either need to figure out how to activate the phone once i get 3.1.2 to run on it or how I can downgrade my activated 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 without losing the activation.

Thanks

the only phone that needs shsh's stores on cydia is the 3gs...if you need to unlock then you are out of luck as there is no unlock available for the new baseband in 3.1.3...
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-03-25 at 02:27 AM.

I don't want to unlock. I just want to run 3.1.2 and jailbreak it so that I can do the Nike hack. everytime I use redsn0w with 3.1.2 my phone has no carrier. only way to get my phone to work is to restore 3.1.3 in iTunes then jailbreak it with redsn0w. but the Nike hack won't work on 3.1.3. so, how can downgrade to 3.1.2 without losing my phone's activation?

Thanks

You can try this..its something i found

Fix “No Service” for iPhone 3G

If you have iPhone 3G then you can solve No Service issue by disabling 3G to do this:

Tap on “Setting” icon from home screen then goto “General”
    Now Tap on “Network”
    Then Slide “Enable 3G” to Off, and then restart you iPhone and hopefully you will get your Network signals back.
    If this doesn’t solve the problem then try the second method below.

Fix “No Service” for iPhone 2G/iPhone 3G

Go to “Settings” and then tap on “General”
    Now tap on “Reset”
    Then choose “Reset Network Settings”
    After that iPhone will Turn off and then will reboot automatically if not then do this manually.

tried all that but no luck. 3.1.2OS and modem firmware 5.12.01

ok.... i used fuzzyband to downgrade but still no carrier
    Last edited by xa007xa; 2010-03-25 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

What about that tweak in cydia that allows you to fool your phone into thinking it's on adifferent firmware? I can't remeber the name

Most people use it to make apps think they are on 3.1.3 but I don't see why it wouldn't work the other way. Restore to 3.1.3 again and re jailbreak and use the tweak to make it think it's 3.1.2. Who knows,it's worth a try
    Last edited by Effenpig!; 2010-03-25 at 05:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

\woot/ its done! i removed the sim card and reset my networks settings. after reboot i popped the sim in and all good....now i can do the nike hack

Thanks

glad it worked out

Nike+ app up and running!