Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Experiment with SHSH Files

Default Experiment with SHSH Files
    Not sure if this will lead to anything but I have access to a super computer at a university where I work and I'm developing a program that hopefully will generate an 3.1.2 SHSH blob for a new iphone 3gs I received after having one replaced. I am using the 3.1.3 SHSH for this phone and 3.1.2+3.1.3 from other phones to find every character difference firstly between two 3.1.2 SHSH backups with different ECIDs to find the places to do not change and use that as a starting template, and then use the two FW versions to find what similarities transfer between FW SHSH versions with the same ECID and try to add those from my own 3.1.3 SHSH to the template, and then finally determine the exact locations and total number of characters that would have to be generated and all possible character values (ex. A,B,1,2,a,b,\,?) and create a script that will very quickly generate a SHSH and test it against the iphone device.

The reason I even post this (there is a small but still possible likelihood of it even working) is that I need either (3.1.2 SHSH +3.1.3 SHSH) files from the same device, or the ECID of the device which I will use to extract the 3.1.2 SH from cydia and 3.1.3 from apple.

I don't think there is any reason to hold back this information as I cant think of anything an ECID could be used for other than downgrading that particular device. I can understand someone not wanting to post it online for apple to find and try to punish them somehow by banning them or something but if you are worried about the privacy of this information I would greatly appreciate it if you could send me the files in a personal message or email.

If this "project" turns out any results or if I am able to successfully downgrade my phone I would of course help the ones who donated their files to me and then either send this information to the Dev-Team or just post it on this forum with the upload links to any programs I used.

Also if anyone has any ideas or information on a way to very quickly check the SHSH against the iPhone/device please feel free to post here or contact me in some other way.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps!

Thanks

sounds interesting

I don't have a 3.1.2 shsh to give u but will subscribe to see any progress
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-03-22 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i have an early model 3G[S] but when i got it (used) i had to restore it and accidentally bumped it up to 3.1.3 bc i had no way of restoring 3.1.2 so im stuck at official 3.1.3

but anyway, i was wondering about this and i hope you figure it out! good luck

So far I made a quick program that can generate the hash files extremely fast, but the catch is finding a way to test them against the actual iPhone. If anyone has any idea on a way to accomplish this let me know.

Thanks

I'm just posting so I can follow this thread

Sounds interesting, good luck

Hi, Just came across your post here on the forum. I have the SHSH files from my 3GS for both 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 generated by Apple and Sauriks server. In addition, I also have the 3.1.3 files for another 3GS that I am stuck with trying to downgrade. I could make them available to you if interested. I also have been thinking about something else, what if the ECID could be changed? The phone could then be restored using the ECID of one that already has the signed files. Do you possibly have any information how these ECID's are written to the chip? It must be some kind of EPROM or the like. Let me know what you need. Im more than happy to let you use my 3.1.3 phone as it is useless to me anyhow

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Interesting, posting so I can also follow (: looking forward to any advances

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

FYI: You can subscribe to the thread to follow it too. In thread tools at the top.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Thanks

^ I mostly use the mobile site.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Ahh, ok. Yep the mobile site misses a few steps. I just started using UAfaker to get around it when needed.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Green Apple
    Thanks

You will be rich once you beat the dev team into this hurry up man I will donate if I downgrade and jaIlbrwak

good luck!! Hope works out.

If I downgrade you'll have my donation too...

Thanks

Everyones always like" ooh ooh, if you do this or that I'll definitely donate". And then it gets done and they're like, " ehh, nevermind "

Green Apple
    Thanks

ya but i will defintly donate if this happens and works i promise

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm just waiting till the ipad comesout ... Seems logical torelease 3.2/4.0 when it gets released ... (:

Thanks

^ random!!