Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS at 3.1.2 JB with blckra1n and unlocked. stuck in boot screen with geohots face?

Default 3GS at 3.1.2 JB with blckra1n and unlocked. stuck in boot screen with geohots face?
    did not upgrade to 3.1.3

want to restore 3.1.2 again...
    manage to get into DFU mode and restore mode sometimes

phone does not start on all other attempts

have SHSH on cydia server

using itunes 9.0.1

have added last line to hosts file

have got the 3.1.2 ipsw for 3gs

have pinged gs.apple.com and shown that sauriks server is being pinged instead...

STILL IT SAYS - this file isnt eligible for this device

PLEASE help... i want to get my phone on

if all else fails... shuld i just upgrade to 3.1.3 and jailbreak... will this at least let me turn my phone on ... and wait for an unlock... because at this point im not making any headway trying to turn my phone on with 3.1.2... just get boot screen and some times recovery mode(itunes+cable)... yea ive tried running irecovery and also blackrain at this screen... no result

I did exactly what you described, and it worked for me. Dont know if it is relevant but I read this on: Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)

"Please note that I do not have signatures for 3.0.1, only for 3.0. For some very small number of users I also have a signature for 3.0.1, but I ran out of time hitting the Wednesday deadline getting the code for this working and generalized."

Default not working
    have tried everything... irecovery too... have read the articles in detail... pls advise if it is ok to upgrade to 3.1.3... right now my phone isnt even turning on... im worried... at least that way ill hav a reassurance that the phone is ok.. will jailbreak/unlock in peace when ever it comes out

im far from an expert (I just started reading about all this 3.1.3 trouble yesterday)
    I had no luck with irecovery either. Have you tried different ipsw's?

From what I understand you should be able to restore to 3.1.3 using itunes, and then downgrade to 3.1.2. But I think this will give you some trouble regarding unlocking the phone.

BUT if your problem is the cydia isn't talking to itunes then the downgrade probably wont work either.

from: iClarified - iPhone - How to Downgrade Your iPhone 3GS Using a Cydia Saved SHSH [Windows] (Comments)

All those having problems with the firmware file is because it is in .zip format. U must rename the file with .ipsw as the extension.... (so its not a .zip)
    Last edited by LaZBoY; 2010-03-21 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

which other ipsw's should i try...

am not too worried about unlock if my phone just comes back on again... i can wait it out for the next unlock/baseband break when ever it comes around

at the moment, am just worried that my phone will never work again.. it may not even work after restoring to 3.1.3... then im screwd as its jb'd and will not get a replacement/repair

how can i verify whether itunes is talking to cydia or not...

thanks for all the input by the way, it does brighten my hopes a bit. but seeing as im not making any headway i seem to be heade for a $500 write off

im so miserable right now...

my phone is barely a week old...

it is a MC model by the way with the new bootrom(serial no 4th 5th digits are 4 9)

lemme me know if you come across anything else helpful or even a similar case that has managed to go to 3.1.3 successfully

thanks a lot

finally caved... up to 3.1.3 now... put in original carrier sim... now in airplane mode... i now have a monster PMP... what a waste... hopefully theyll work out a break for 5.12 soon and will let us have it. what is you take on that, will they manage to unlockit?

Important question -
    what would happen if upgraded/downgraded and did not have original SIM.
    eg. restored 3.1.2 ( not mine but say someone else) and phone asks for original sim... but you dont have it... phone is not activated... itunes does not recgonize it... WHAT do you do then, is the phone useless now or can it be jailbroken/unlocked somehow without putting original sim in(without activation)

also will any sim from the original carrier do, or does it have to be a specific phone number/sim card

thanks for the input