Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Return 3gs to apple store

Default Return 3gs to apple store
    My wifi has died for the last time and hasn't returned no matter what I've tried.

Also, because I'm getting cracks in the plastic housing, it's time to return this the Apple store for a new one under warranty.

So here's my situation:
    iPhone 3gs 16mb
    fw 3.1.2
    modem fw 05.11.07
    Jailbroken and unlocked using blackrain, running tmobile.

My question is, what is the best way to go about restoring the iphone to the original factory settings, so that I can take it back to the Apple store?

Thanks all!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Well the only way to restore the phone to factory is to plug into iTunes and hit restore. You will run into a problem though when you take it to the Apple store. Because you're on T-Mobile they will have no way to activate the phone in order to test it for WIFI problems. You may have to purchase a pre-paid AT&T SIM card to get around this.

Yeah, I was thinking about doing this with a prepaid sim. Should be able to buy one relatively cheap. But I think they should just take it back and make an issue about the cracks and not mentioning the wifi issue.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You can try... although depending on how old it is they may just say it's a known issue and they're not gonna do anything about it.