Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need Help with 3gs

Default Need Help with 3gs
    Got a brand new 3.1.2/5.11.07 3GS over the weekend, the iPhone Dev Team blog states that Pwnage Tool is safe for 3.1.2/5.11.07 - so I went that route Except I guess it still wants to boot neuter a 3GS?

Long story short - error 1600, stuck in DFU mode. Not amount of holding power, or power+home gets me out of if. My only option is a restore to 3.1.3, so I have a rather expensive paperweight until a 3.1.3 fix is put out can any one help me thanks in advance

Default same situation
    same situation... i used the pwnagetool 3.1.5 to create a custom fw and the iphone is stuck in recovery mode. i am still on the 3.1.2 version custom but its stuck in recovery mode. i don't have the shsh file so i cannot restore.
    if anyone has any idea just to get it out of the recovery mode i would be graceful.
    and if you got it working plz let me know how.

tnx a lot

why didnt you use blackrain?

actually i was an old iphone user... (2G) and im used to devTeam. it was the first place i went through online to unlock my iPhone and as u know they recommended PT.
    I tried now to install 3.1.3 custom maybe it would just show me the screen... but it didnt... it always crashes with error 1600. nothing happens.
    i tried 2 different custom FW for 3.1.3 (PT, and sn0wbreeze)
    I just need to be able to have the phone out of recovery... :S

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Have you tried iRecovery?
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

i just tried it... it said No iPhone/iPod found.

I was not fimilar with black rain when i did this and i was reading a blog and it said pwanage worked as long as your are at firmware 3.1.2 please let me know if you can think of anything i can do ?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Can't help you get out of the trouble you're in, but I can tell you that it's caused by your phone having the new bootrom which can't accept custom firmwares at all.

so you suggest i update to 3.1.3 and wait for the unlock tools to come up?
    Last edited by j_souhail; 2010-03-19 at 09:22 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j_souhail View Post
    so you suggest i update to 3.1.3 and wait for the unlock tools to come up?
    Just curious, have you tried the normal way of getting out of recovery mode? Hold down both power and home button until the screen flashes and then let go of both buttons immediately. Then wait a couple of seconds and then power the phone on like you normally would.

can you update to custom firmware 3.1.3 instead of firmware 3.1.3?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by icl111 View Post
    can you update to custom firmware 3.1.3 instead of firmware 3.1.3?
    Are you asking on behalf of yourself or the OP? The OP can't use custom firmwares as his phone is brand new and therefore has the new bootrom.

i'm asking for both because i have the same exact problem hehe.. thanks anyway.

You can restore to a custom 3.1.2 FW if your on 3.1.2 right now, you dont have to upgrade.

yeah i did that, and im now stuck in DFU mode, if i try to restore back to CFW 3.1.2, it says error 1600. and if i try to restore to fw 3.1.2, it says something like the iphone is not eligible for requested build hehe.. well, im guess im stuck too hehe

Your phone has to be the old bootrom and have been jailbroken before, for it to work.